Elite second half defensive adjustments

Logic

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

13 seconds has everything to do with him still being here.

If the Bills come thru and win the SB, he will be as good as gone.

Probably equal parts his previous failed head coaching gig.  Most guys don’t get multiple chances anymore.  Teams seem more likely to look for a young guy these days than give a retread another shot. 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

It is actually Criminal that Leslie Frazier is still here as a DC (good for us) instead of HC somewhere.

Same with Eric Bieniemy.  Guys not getting differentiation between themselves and their head coaches.  Frazier would stand out more with the Chiefs and Bieniemy more with the Bills.

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

McDaniels was the Definition of a BAD HC not Frazier and where is he now again?  So Again it is Criminal he hasnt gotten a HC job, heck he hardly gets interviews 

You don't do an inadvisable thing just because someone else did an inadvisable thing. 

Edited by Malazan

Watching the game through the 1st half had me a bit stressed.
 But truly I said to myself, lets see how Frazier and Dorsey adjust.

and damn if they both didn't. And for the better !

This is darned good fun :) to be a Bills believer these days.

Go Bills !

Ps thanks to the OP for the fact i did not know. Impressive as heck 😀

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

It is actually Criminal that Leslie Frazier is still here as a DC (good for us) instead of HC somewhere.

McDaniels was the Definition of a BAD HC not Frazier and where is he now again?  So Again it is Criminal he hasnt gotten a HC job, heck he hardly gets interviews 

Now what has been comin out about Bienemy in recent years, then the criminal stuff in the past, I could really see teams shying away from there.  But a team like say the Commanders that really get not only a good coach but a good person and once that can go along way to change culture while being the coach one of of the NFLs top defense since he has been here.  Really should get him at least multiple interviews we have to sweat.  

This coming from a guy that understands the current league is all offense and history of developing QBs.  

I dont know just criminal IMO he is still the Bills DC

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

He's had several interviews for a HC job, plus it would be a good thing for the league to see another black HC, and yet he STILL can't get a job.  I don't know what the problem is. He seems very quiet on the sidelines so maybe it's just a personality thing, where other teams owners or GMs don't light up after talking to him.  Or maybe other teams are focused on hiring the next very young genius type.  Who knows.  I have to agree he certainly seems to have earned another shot somewhere.  

IMO opinion the way Leslie gets a Head Coach job is by having a team with a bright young OC who team does not want to lose and had a couple of years left on contract.  During interview Leslie tells owners and GM that he thinks OC is doing a great job and will keep him and any offense coaches he wants to keep.  He also wants OC to be assistant HC and it will be a true partnership.  Then he will go into all of the lessons he learned under Coach McD and hopes to transform this team using that model.

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think this is his last year as DC. You can't have the top defense 2 years in a row and not get another HC job, especially considering there is a rule that teams have to interview you. It will be well deserved and the players have a lot of respect for him. I could see him going to Carolina or Washington. Bears would have been a perfect fit last year so if he doesn't leave this year maybe they will have another opening in 2 years.

I dunno.  He has been a head coach before and he is old.  Most teams want a young offensive minded guy.  Although Bowles did get the TB gig.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:32 PM, Scott7975 said:

I dunno.  He has been a head coach before and he is old.  Most teams want a young offensive minded guy.  Although Bowles did get the TB gig.

Let Terry pile money on his doorstep and McBeanenes throw accolades upon him for another 5 years. he's a keeper.

and he wont get treated any better than he does in Buffalo if he keeps doing what he is doing and gets us to and through the Big One.
I want to see this Defense continue to improve. they have slowly gotten all around better with McBeanes and Company

Slowly ! But surely. This year is feeling like the Cake is made and the icing is getting ready to be applied

edited for idiocy  spelled Terry P

Perry

yikes

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.