Elite second half defensive adjustments

Logic

53 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It is actually Criminal that Leslie Frazier is still here as a DC (good for us) instead of HC somewhere.

No one wants an older, Defensive Minded “re-tread” as their HC. 

Unfortunately for Fraiser it’s all about getting young fresh talent and Offense minds these days. 

He’d be a tough sell to any fan base looking to turn their franchise around. 

Just now, DaggersEOD said:

No one wants an older, Defensive Minded “re-tread” as their HC. 

Unfortunately for Fraiser it’s all about getting young fresh talent and Offense minds these days. 

He’d be a tough sell to any fan base looking to turn their franchise around. 

And it is why most of those teams will continue to recycle their coaches every 3 years.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Idiot Tim Graham over at The Athletic singles out this play as a sign of Jackson's greatness, as if being saved by a miracle from an interception is some sign of his prowess, a "pinpoint heave" that "made possible" the catch. 

People want to find meaning in the randomness. That was a bounce that went their way. when Andrews broke up that INT, he had no way of knowing that it would shoot straight into the arms of Duvernay. Also, why doesn't Buffalo have any homers in its local sports media? 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And it is why most of those teams will continue to recycle their coaches every 3 years.

I agree completely. Look what getting a D minded coach did for us. 

It’s probably the right choice a lot of times. 

But even in the Bills instance, we still got a young guy with energy. 

Leslie just doesn’t SEEM to bring that and in the hyper media world sports lives in, that would probably leave him off of most short lists. 

Im not sure of a route that gives him another HC opportunity. Great for the Bills but must be frustrating for him. 

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I agree completely. Look what getting a D minded coach did for us. 

It’s probably the right choice a lot of times. 

But even in the Bills instance, we still got a young guy with energy. 

Leslie just doesn’t SEEM to bring that and in the hyper media world sports lives in, that would probably leave him off of most short lists. 

Im not sure of a route that gives him another HC opportunity. Great for the Bills but must be frustrating for him. 

I agree the other teams loss is our gain with being able to keep him as DC

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

How many adjustments do you think they have time to make? They barely have enough time to go to the bathroom at halftime 💩

Clearly they are playing much better in the 2nd half of games but I don't know if you can adjust THAT much given the time constraints. They need to play better to start the game because I doubt this 2nd half run will be able to withstand through the entire season. In game adjustments in the 1st half would be nice to see

The coaches have plenty of time to discuss strategic adjustments in the playcalling…there’s not a whole lot of time to address the players though 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

It is actually Criminal that Leslie Frazier is still here as a DC (good for us) instead of HC somewhere.

13 seconds has everything to do with him still being here.

If the Bills come thru and win the SB, he will be as good as gone.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Thats two consecutive games Milano could have made a game changing INT and managed to do nothing.  Get him in front of a juggs machine.

Those jugg machines have an artificial feel. They're just not like the real thing. 

• Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

People want to find meaning in the randomness. That was a bounce that went their way. when Andrews broke up that INT, he had no way of knowing that it would shoot straight into the arms of Duvernay. Also, why doesn't Buffalo have any homers in its local sports media? 

Matt Parrino is probably the closest you'll get to a homer.  I really enjoy his podcast, "Shout!"

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Thats two consecutive games Milano could have made a game changing INT and managed to do nothing.  Get him in front of a juggs machine.

Speaking of dropped "gimme" interceptions, if Patrick Queen makes that easy pick with 1:03 left in the first half, we most likely don't walk out of Baltimore with the win.  That was a huge break for the Bills that no one seemed to mention post game.  

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He's had several interviews for a HC job, plus it would be a good thing for the league to see another black HC, and yet he STILL can't get a job.  I don't know what the problem is. He seems very quiet on the sidelines so maybe it's just a personality thing, where other teams owners or GMs don't light up after talking to him.  Or maybe other teams are focused on hiring the next very young genius type.  Who knows.  I have to agree he certainly seems to have earned another shot somewhere.  

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Still, it doesn’t change why he isn’t being seriously considered.

LF is a good coach, and more importantly a good person, but that is in this case not good enough, so far…, if he gets a ring, the dynamic may change, and then, bobs your uncle…, 

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Those jugg machines have an artificial feel. They're just not like the real thing. 

Milano might have been the Bills best player yesterday, considering the entire game's production.  Sure Allen did great but he didn't start out playing great.  Milano has been showing us all his extension was a great move.  

The dropped INT against Miami was the really disappointing miss.  

As for JUGGS, if Milano had great hands he'd be a tight end.  As it is he's one more excellent piece of the puzzle for this great defense.  

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Still, it doesn’t change why he isn’t being seriously considered.

LF is a good coach, and more importantly a good person, but that is in this case not good enough, so far…, if he gets a ring, the dynamic may change, and then, bobs your uncle…, 

I also think there is a bit of, well that is McD defense going on as well, I am sure he has a shadow from McD a bit

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Leslie Frazier is certainly the Eric Bienemy of Leslie Fraziers.

Bienemy is sort of a jerk.  Frazier is a class act all the time.  If I were a player I don't think I'd want Bienemy as the HC, but I think Frazier would be a dream come true.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

How many adjustments do you think they have time to make? They barely have enough time to go to the bathroom at halftime 💩

They have enough time to get a hotdog and a beer.

Edited by clayboy54
  • Haha (+1) 1

Lets look at the 10 new HC this season 

Lovie Smith (Defensive Mind) - 2 time HC before the hire career .500 coach  - Yep Frazier would be better here.

Matt Eberflus Defensive Mind) - First time HC, young, work hard type coach (similar to the Lions coach) - Sure ok hard to say here going young vs Frazier I get it here.

Doug Pederson (Offensive Mind)  - I get this one, get a guy that has history of developing QBs with Lawrence.  

Brain Daboll (Offensive Mind) - I get it another offense (thanks you Josh for turning him into a QB whisperer I guess) to team with Jones or new QB in future makes sense.

Kevin O'Connell (Offensive Mind) - I get this wasnt going to be Frazier coming back to Min.  This is a hire to try and salvage Cousins 

Mike McDaniel (Offensive Mind) - I get this too left a winning Defensive Minded coach and this hire was all about maximizing Tua 

Nathaniel Hackett (Offensive Mind) - I never will get the Buzz and hype with this guy, Frazier would have been the better hire here.

Dennis Allen (Defensive Mind) - Former HC as well so second stint.  One could have made the argument for Frazier here as well.

Josh McDaniels (Offensive Mind) - Like hackett I dont get the love for this guy, second HC stint, and will fail here too IMO (Frazier would have been a better hire for the Raider)

Todd Bowles (Defensive Mind) - 2nd Stint as HC already, but this hire is different than others, this hire was dictated by Brady to come back.

SO looking at this list from last year there is a case that can be made Frazier would be better for at least 3 of these teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.