Elite second half defensive adjustments

Logic

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How many adjustments do you think they have time to make? They barely have enough time to go to the bathroom at halftime 💩

Clearly they are playing much better in the 2nd half of games but I don't know if you can adjust THAT much given the time constraints. They need to play better to start the game because I doubt this 2nd half run will be able to withstand through the entire season. In game adjustments in the 1st half would be nice to see

Half Baked Boo GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Not new but a little slow

Somewhere last year or in the last 20 some dude made a post and was adamant that us losing to a few AFC teams didn't matter and hurt us. He said our wins over the NFC teams were more valuable because strength of schedule. 

It was maybe 8 pages of beauty 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Somewhere last year or in the last 20 some dude made a post and was adamant that us losing to a few AFC teams didn't matter and hurt us. He said our wins over the NFC teams were more valuable because strength of schedule. 

Glad I missed it :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

Leslie Frazier is certainly the Eric Bienemy of Leslie Fraziers.

Now what has been comin out about Bienemy in recent years, then the criminal stuff in the past, I could really see teams shying away from there.  But a team like say the Commanders that really get not only a good coach but a good person and once that can go along way to change culture while being the coach one of of the NFLs top defense since he has been here.  Really should get him at least multiple interviews we have to sweat.  

This coming from a guy that understands the current league is all offense and history of developing QBs.  

I dont know just criminal IMO he is still the Bills DC

I read (perhaps a Taron Johnson quote) where they knew they had to disguise the defense better. In the first half, they didn't disguise the defense and that certainly made the difference. 

I don't know why they didn't disguise it - perhaps to not confuse the newer starters. 

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I think it was the opposite.  Losing NFC games was better for us because of the tie breakers (conference and division wins).  I believe the logic was that losing to NFC teams was ok because we save our wins for AFC opponents.  It was top notch trolling.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I think it was the opposite.  Losing NFC games was better for us because of the tie breakers (conference and division wins).  I believe the logic was that losing to NFC teams was ok because we save our wins for AFC opponents.  It was top notch trolling.

Yes. That seems right. 

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How many adjustments do you think they have time to make? They barely have enough time to go to the bathroom at halftime 💩

Clearly they are playing much better in the 2nd half of games but I don't know if you can adjust THAT much given the time constraints. They need to play better to start the game because I doubt this 2nd half run will be able to withstand through the entire season. In game adjustments in the 1st half would be nice to see

You got your wish with this game. Ravens stopped scoring sometime in the 2nd and the Bills great drive to end the 2nd. It just continued from there

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It is actually Criminal that Leslie Frazier is still here as a DC (good for us) instead of HC somewhere.

I think this is his last year as DC. You can't have the top defense 2 years in a row and not get another HC job, especially considering there is a rule that teams have to interview you. It will be well deserved and the players have a lot of respect for him. I could see him going to Carolina or Washington. Bears would have been a perfect fit last year so if he doesn't leave this year maybe they will have another opening in 2 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yeah, that's what I tried to refer to earlier.

One of @4merper4mer's finest posts. *chef's kiss*

46 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills defense has allowed only seven points in the second half through four games this season.

Let me say that again: The Bills defense, through four games of professional football, has only allowed SEVEN points in the second half.

I fully agree with your overall point about this defense and adjustment.

But I would argue a little about this game - I think the defense was almost as good in the first half, it just didn't look like that due to the score. But they allowed almost the same yardage (140 vs 129), the only difference was starting position (4y for TD 1st drive after INT, 12y for FG after fumble) and different result of long drive - we gave up 15 plays, 81 yards TD with three 3rd down coversions in the 1st half, and made a huge goal line stand after giving up  14 plays, 93 yards and two 3 and longs in the drive in the the second half.

So I'd say the defense was almost equally great in the first half, it just didn't look that good due to starting position and maybe one or two extra plays made by Milano/Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I nearly lost my mind when Lamar escaped a sack from two Bills rushers and went on to pick up a 3rd and forever.  Everything that could go wrong went wrong in the first half and that trend totally reversed in the second half. 

Jackson escaping the sack was amazing, but the pass he threw was boneheaded, a gift-wrapped interception to Milano, and it was only because of a miracle that it ended up complete. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Dr. K said:

Jackson escaping the sack was amazing, but the pass he threw was boneheaded, a gift-wrapped interception to Milano, and it was only because of a miracle that it ended up complete. 

Thats two consecutive games Milano could have made a game changing INT and managed to do nothing.  Get him in front of a juggs machine.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

That was the point when I thought that it just wasn't our day. 

Idiot Tim Graham over at The Athletic singles out this play as a sign of Jackson's greatness, as if being saved by a miracle from an interception is some sign of his prowess, a "pinpoint heave" that "made possible" the catch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.