When would we hear if Tre is coming off IR?

Hebert19

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

That is probably the best way to think about it.

Now with all that said - I would not be surprised to see if practicing and the 21 days start for him - especially since we have an open roster spot if that want to see if he is ready for this weekend.

We will know more as they get back into practice.

With the way that Elam, Benford, Jackson and really all the CBs have been playing I agree with you here.  I dont need to see Tre until the playoffs (or 100% healthy) with the way the Defense is playing at this point.

Okay the man was put on the PUP list right which has had him out for 4 games - well we are 3 & 1 i know i'm not real good at the english punctuation thing as made very clear by some here that are nerds for English punctuation & such but i did actually pass basic arithmetic & i do know that being 3 & 1 means this will be week 5 .

So will there be a Tre Day sighting this week at all maybe in a limited role come game day or will they dress him & let him sit on the side line 1 more game .

The Steelers haven't been that good this year & they are starting the rookie this week would this be a good game to get him out on the field & get a limited number of game reps to bring him back slowly and allow him to get into some kind of game shape ? 

Early on we heard reports that Tre was working hard to get back. His idea of working hard is going against Diggs every day. For all we know, he may have been out there pushing the limits for the last 4 weeks and getting in game shape. Could be ready to roll or could need a couple more weeks. Honestly, don't think it's going to be a long road back for him at this point.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

While I agree I want Tre back 100%, I don’t feel like waiting for the playoffs.  Benford, Elam, and Jackson have been holding it down.  They should be on the field if that’s the case.  At some point, you need to tell him that he needs to get moving.  Godwin tore his ACL after Tre and he would have played all 4 games if it wasn’t for a hamstring.  

In my honest opinion, if he can run and jump around dancing in July training camp, he can get his ass to practice.  Love the guy, but we’re putting a lot of money in his salary in our cap space for him to take his time.  I figured taking his time was the 4 games.  It’s time to get him in practice so he can contribute to this team.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

While I agree I want Tre back 100%, I don’t feel like waiting for the playoffs.  Benford, Elam, and Jackson have been holding it down.  They should be on the field if that’s the case.  At some point, you need to tell him that he needs to get moving.  Godwin tore his ACL after Tre and he would have played all 4 games if it wasn’t for a hamstring.  

That's why he had "the hamstring" issue.

Too soon - and I expect Godwin will be 70% Godwin all year and probably get hurt again 

We won't see Tre before Thanksgiving - Sunday October 30 at the absolute earliest.  

5 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

In my honest opinion, if he can run and jump around dancing in July training camp, he can get his ass to practice.  Love the guy, but we’re putting a lot of money in his salary in our cap space for him to take his time.  I figured taking his time was the 4 games.  It’s time to get him in practice so he can contribute to this team.

The playoffs are a long, long way off.  If Tre needs another week or 2 before he starts practicing, well that is what he needs.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Too soon - and I expect Godwin will be 70% Godwin all year and probably get hurt again 

We won't see Tre before Thanksgiving - Sunday October 30 at the absolute earliest.  

I understand that, but what I’m saying is he needs to get on the practice field.  You can’t practice with the team until you’re activated from the PUP.  You can’t get into game shape until you get practice reps.  If he can’t go in 3 weeks, shut him down and let’s get ready for 2023 with him.  Right now Benford, Jackson, and Elam are holding it down.  I don’t feel we should have them lose their spot just because Tre decides he’s ready(if it’s later in the year).  

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

The playoffs are a long, long way off.  If Tre needs another week or 2 before he starts practicing, well that is what he needs.

While I agree with it to an extent, with him jumping around trying to hype the crowd up at the opening of training camp, you’d think the guy is close.  That was 3 months ago.

1 minute ago, BillyBilliams said:

I understand that, but what I’m saying is he needs to get on the practice field.  You can’t practice with the team until you’re activated from the PUP.  You can’t get into game shape until you get practice reps.  If he can’t go in 3 weeks, shut him down and let’s get ready for 2023 with him.  Right now Benford, Jackson, and Elam are holding it down.  I don’t feel we should have them lose their spot just because Tre decides he’s ready(if it’s later in the year).  

It's never been out of the realm of possibilities to me that he could miss the entire regular season.  I don't want to come off as negative on Tre or in general...too much.  

But he had this surgery 2nd week of December 

We all know the timelines..

3 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

While I agree with it to an extent, with him jumping around trying to hype the crowd up at the opening of training camp, you’d think the guy is close.  That was 3 months ago.

Talk to the doctors about when he is ready.  Dancing and playing CB in the NFL are not anything close IMO.

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That’s quite the gap of time in your prediction 

3 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

So when is Benford back, because he’s currently injured and didn’t play Sunday.

Tre will return this season. The question still remains as to when.

The other reality, is that even on his return, we are atm still very thin at CB.

Unless I’m very much mistaken, we only have 4 actually healthy CBs.

And one of those is a PS call up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.