When would we hear if Tre is coming off IR?

Hebert19

They have 21 days to make a decision. 

activate, IR or cut 

he can start practicing though today while the Bills can wait on the decision for 3 more weeks. 

I think they have until Saturday to activate him for this week 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They have 21 days to make a decision. 

activate, IR or cut 

he can start practicing though today while the Bills can wait on the decision for 3 more weeks 

Yeah, basically if the Bills don't add him to the active roster within 3 weeks he has to be put on IR.  

Interesting that while the Games missed was cut from 6 weeks to 4 weeks, the time allowed to make a roster decision after those games expired was also cut from 5 weeks to 3 weeks. So in previous seasons, the teams had til week 11 to make a decision on a player, not they only have til week 7.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

OK thanks.  I can only imagine how good this D will be when he is out there too.  

Only question is does elam get more playing time vs Dane on the opposite side. 

Will be White (rotation with Elam McD will ease him back into full playing time)

Dane Jackson 

22 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

OK thanks.  I can only imagine how good this D will be when he is out there too.  

Only question is does elam get more playing time vs Dane on the opposite side. 

Dane has locked down the CB2 (he'll be CB1 until Tre is fully back) spot imo. Kair gets the starts with Tre on a pitch count.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

My Biggest question is....

Has this defense shown that they need to Rush Tre Back?  If anything I think the defense has held up perfectly and the Bills can take their entire 21 days, no reason to rush Tre back.

We do play the Chiefs in two weeks.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

We do play the Chiefs in two weeks.

Yeah and I will be fine with the current secondary I think I am fine with where we are, but if anything that is the target return IF he is 100% healthy.  If he isnt take the full 21 days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Re: the 21 days -  that starts when he starts practicing, at which point he'll be taken off PUP but not added to the roster.  After that we have 21 days to add him to the active roster.  Still, my guess is he'll be practicing this week (probably tomorrow is the first practice?) and I am sure we'll hear it right away.

• Like (+1) 1

We play the Steelers at home next week and they're starting a rookie QB after benching Tribusky. Then we play the Chiefs at Arrowhead.  Our Defense should be able to handle the Steelers offense without Tre.  The question is do you bring him back for the Cheifs? His first start of the year against the Cheifs?  I doubt that, he'll probably be back after the bye and we'll be either 5 and 1 or 4 and 2 going into the bye and getting everyone healthy at that point. 

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah, basically if the Bills don't add him to the active roster within 3 weeks he has to be put on IR.  

Interesting that while the Games missed was cut from 6 weeks to 4 weeks, the time allowed to make a roster decision after those games expired was also cut from 5 weeks to 3 weeks. So in previous seasons, the teams had til week 11 to make a decision on a player, not they only have til week 7.

That probably was due to the IR rule changes in length and amount of players allowed to come back from IR. 

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Short or long term IR?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.