Can someone PLEASE explain the holding rules to me like I'm 8?

Pine Barrens Mafia

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yes or No.

Was the an OPI when ravens were driving for a score?

I've said at least 3 times now it was a horribly called game.  You seem to not be wanting to take yes for an answer for some reason and just keep defending the zebras.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I will keep having conversations.  Try it sometime.

My Biggest complaint with the Refs will remain blowing the call not ONCE but doing it again in REPLAY.  

Lamar easily had that 1st down, now it didnt matter they got it on 4th and 1.  But when you have two looks at something and STILL get it wrong that is the problem.  And why anytime anyone mentions challenging the SPOT I scream NO.  They NEVER change spots in review even it is clearly should be.

Not a fan of pointless conversations.    People show you evidence of holding and your answer is basically so what (dawkins might have held someone)   

Those are holds and the flag should be thrown period.  

Just now, Billz4ever said:

I've said at least 3 times now it was a horribly called game.  You seem to not be wanting to take yes for an answer for some reason and just keep defending the zebras.

Ok so it was a blown call thank you.

Now I think that blown call offsets your hold complaint.  So again blown calls occur that is normal in this league that refuses to really help their officials.  

Bottomline the game was called consistently and rules were applied consistently to both teams.  

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Not a fan of pointless conversations.    People show you evidence of holding and your answer is basically so what (dawkins might have held someone)   

Those are holds and the flag should be thrown period.  

So you want 30 penalties a game again?  You want EVERY HOLD called?  

I dont get people.  These refs applied the rules consistently to both teams and yet here they are complaining yet again, then again probably the same people that complained about having to play in the sun Sunday.

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Josh took a number of hits which were 50/50 calls on being late.  I think the entire second half was a makeup call campaign that screwed the Ravens.  

Ravens were playing physical and aggressive all game. They could have had more calls against them, for sure.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Now I think that blown call offsets your hold complaint.  So again blown calls occur that is normal in this league that refuses to really help their officials.  

Bottomline the game was called consistently and rules were applied consistently to both teams.  

There's no such thing as "offsets".  Offsetting penalties are only when penalties occur by both teams on the same play.  Penalties, depending on when called, can have much greater impact on the game then others.

According to you apparently, they are all the same.  They are not.

You've backed yourself into a corner now defending a horribly called game and your only response is to now say they just "offset" each other, when nothing could be further from the truth.

I expect better from NFL-level officiating.

Just now, Pokebball said:

Ravens were playing physical and aggressive all game. They could have had more calls against them, for sure.

What i did notice on the Josh Slides the Ravens still where able to get to make contact with Josh with their knees.  If you look at every slide there was a drive by knee near the head area like it has been practiced over there.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So you want 30 penalties a game again?  You want EVERY HOLD called?  

I dont get people.  These refs applied the rules consistently to both teams and yet here they are complaining yet again, then again probably the same people that complained about having to play in the sun Sunday.

yes, if there’s a blatant hold it should be called 

idk about this every play there’s holding story 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Agree 1

There's no such thing as "offsets".  Offsetting penalties are only when penalties occur by both teams on the same play.  Penalties, depending on when called, can have much greater impact on the game then others.

According to you apparently, they are all the same.  They are not.

You've backed yourself into a corner now defending a horribly called game and your only response is to now say they just "offset" each other, when nothing could be further from the truth.

I expect better from NFL-level officiating.

I am sorry are you new to the NFL.

Did you also cry for a week about the heat in Miami?

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

yes, if there’s a blatant hold it should be called 

idk about this every play there’s holding story 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fingers closed on pads inside or outside frame is a Hold (by the rule so yep EVERY PLAY)

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

LMAO, you've been provided undisputable evidence of holding and you're claiming rules were applied consistently.  

The only thing you've managed to accomplish here is to defend zebras for a horrible called game.

I'm still waiting for you to admit who your relative is on that squad.

LMAO, you've been provided undisputable evidence of holding and you're claiming rules were applied consistently.  

The only thing you've managed to accomplish here is to defend zebras for a horrible called game.

I'm still waiting for you to admit who your relative is on that squad.

I personally dont need too.  So again back to crying about the refs, it is just like you crying about the sun last week.  

Guess what will happen tonight (missed calls) guess what will happen every game this yar (missed calls) 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bob, really.

That's BLATANT, it's a chokehold!

I dont know either but I see those arm bars  go uncalled all the time and more egregious ones than that.  It happens in like every game across the league.

I never really care about the refs as long as they are calling/not calling things the same both ways.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am sorry are you new to the NFL.

Did you also cry for a week about the heat in Miami?

Fingers closed on pads inside or outside frame is a Hold (by the rule so yep EVERY PLAY)

I never said a word about the heat in Miami, and better yet, defended it as a case of one team being acclimatized better than the other.

Now, it's quite obvious you're willing to just make crap up as you go.

You're now doubling down on a horribly called game. Hilarious.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I personally dont need too.  So again back to crying about the refs, it is just like you crying about the sun last week.  

Guess what will happen tonight (missed calls) guess what will happen every game this yar (missed calls) 

I love getting to mute people who decide to double down on their own stupidity.

When you're defending the zebras for a terrible game of officiating, time to do a little self-reflection.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure. 

holding can be called on every NFL play. Is that the type Of football you want to watch?  

Yes....the more a team gets called (punished) for it, the less they'll do it.  I want a fair and equitable game. I don't give a rats ass how long it takes to get fixed.  Or eliminate the rule altogether and let everyone hold.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.