1989 Buffalo Bills game with Dolphins opening game in the 4th quarter

sonyab1974

24 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

Does anybody remember? :) Some parts of this game reminded me of  today's game! :) Oh look it's Marino! Look Flutie!!! :)

1989 and it’s Marino and Flutie?

More like, oh look, you’re drunk again!

• Haha (+1) 3

That was the game where Jimbo scored a TD on the games last play to win it. He said in an interview later that he was saying to himself "boy, I'd better make it" while he was running to the endzone. Both teams left the field thinking the game was over, but the officials made both return so the Bills could kick the meaningless extra point. NBC didn't even show the try since they too thought the game was over and the  TV screen read "Buffalo 26, Miami 24 Final", and went to a commercial break, lol. [The NFL has since changed that rule.]

EDIT: The famous Kelly play in the video above is at 19:48. Or here:

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This game was memorable because it was the only NFL game I ever watched from the sidelines. The Edinboro band performed that day, and they had some special sideline seats set up for them. My handicap friend was helping them with some announcements, and I volunteered to help push his wheelchair. We were so low sometimes you couldn't see the games because the players on the sideline were in the way.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.