Bills open at -14 next week against Steelers

Steel City Mafia

12 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

Well, they played the jets yesterday and lost, soooooooo, GO BILLS! :)

Yeah I looked at their schedule! They lost 3 games in a row!!!! GO BILLS!

I’ve watched every Steeler game this year because they’ve been in local TV. They can’t move the ball and they can’t score. They scored 20 against the Jets yesterday and 10 of those points were gifts from Zach Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Uhmmm have you forgotten about week 1 last year?  

Pretty much. Why? Week 1 is different than coming off the road and 2 tough games if attrition.  They either smoke em or win by less than 14 cause the Steelers scored late. Well you're valid but bigger payback probably already entered their minds. Qb gap is too wide now. Growth and regression

Edited by gridirongold
Incomplete

13 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

the Steelers typically are a strong defensive team

News flash:  not this year.

The Stillers are ranked 24th in yards against and 15th in points against -- and they've played the Browns, Jets, and Pats***.

On offense, they're even worse.  30th in yards gained and T-24th in points scored.

Bad, bad team.

Conversely, the Bills are top 3 in all four of those categories.

Bet the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Rewatch the game last year they really made it a point to have Allen get rid of the ball quickly 

Did they blitz or get pressure without blitzing? I personally don’t recall. That said blitzing him is not a good idea. 

On 10/2/2022 at 8:16 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

We going to get the rookie QB in his first start on the road against arguably the #1 defense in the league? 

Let's be careful out there.  4 years ago I remember a rookie QB making his 1st road start in a game where he was going against a highly rated D and was a 17 point underdog.   Don't be the next one to make a $5,000 mistake.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:32 AM, FrenchConnection said:

I’ve watched every Steeler game this year because they’ve been in local TV. They can’t move the ball and they can’t score. They scored 20 against the Jets yesterday and 10 of those points were gifts from Zach Wilson.

Well then, we can beat the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🥳

The whole narrative of "looking past" a lesser team is fan and media driven.  The players aren't going out there giving a half-a$$ed effort, especially knowing Pittsburgh beat em on opening day last season as big underdogs.  

I think the Bills play a solid game in this one.  No one really knows what this rookie QB is all about? The Bills should beat the Steelers handily.  But it's not college ball, the Steelers are professional football players for a reason...so ya just never know.  I suppose that's why they will actually play this game and not declare it a forfeit because the Bills are too good :)

On 10/2/2022 at 8:58 PM, develop8181 said:

what kind of fan bets against their team? Like how does that even work. You’re mad when they win? Dude. That actually blows my mind. 

I don't bet big money. I always cheer for the Bills to win regardless of my bets. I took +14.5 and Pitt this week. Too many points, Pickett makes the Steelers a better team than Mitch, Pitt always plays Buffalo tough, and Tomlin us good in an underdog role. I expect a Bills win but that number is too high. 

Edited by newcam2012

On 10/4/2022 at 2:49 PM, zow2 said:

The whole narrative of "looking past" a lesser team is fan and media driven.  The players aren't going out there giving a half-a$$ed effort, especially knowing Pittsburgh beat em on opening day last season as big underdogs.  

I think the Bills play a solid game in this one.  No one really knows what this rookie QB is all about? The Bills should beat the Steelers handily.  But it's not college ball, the Steelers are professional football players for a reason...so ya just never know.  I suppose that's why they will actually play this game and not declare it a forfeit because the Bills are too good :)

I do agree with it being a media narrative. I do question whether the gameplan is different in games like this. I haven't really paid that much attention and I believe regardless of opponents the players give their all. But, have you or anyone else really dug into the plays and play calls? Do teams play more basics or less risky/physical against considerably weaker teams? ( not the Biils specifically,  just in general). Do they use these kind of games to "try new things" that maybe they wouldn't say against an A team?Just thinking out loud here. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

Two things:

(1) Don't worry about any Steelers "tactic" from Week 1 of last year.  Pittsburgh is notorious for running a real training camp with real hitting and so they are always more prepared to play football in Week 1 than their opponent, unless they too run a real training camp.

(2) Re: the point spread, anyone afraid of 14 is actually being square.  You might think the "sharp" play is to take all those underdog points but then you're forgetting that the Bills love to blowout bad teams and sometimes good teams we match up well against.  Our weakness has been, until last week, clutch execution in tight games.  But don't stress the 14 lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.