Bills open at -14 next week against Steelers

Steel City Mafia

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I had the Ravens and 3.5 points. The hook was the key for me. Got lucky but it was the best of both worlds. Bills win and I win. 

Fast forward to the Steelers. 14 points is a boatload of points in an NFL game. Back door cover is in play. My initial thought is to stay away from the game. However, I can easily see the Bills blasting the Steelers too. 

what kind of fan bets against their team? Like how does that even work. You’re mad when they win? Dude. That actually blows my mind. 

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Steelers are probably going to use the same game plan they used last year and blitz Allen like crazy to get the ball out of his hands. 
Hello running game??

Pickett holds the ball too long to know any better yet. I’d bet at least 4 sacks by the D

What? Blitzing Allen is suicide. 

I haven't watched a ton of Steelers this year. Is Mitch to blame for Najee Harris's 3.5 ypc? Folks thought he would be running with Taylor and Henry as a top back in the league this year. Chase Claypool also continues to be a gigantic disappointment. 

5 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Romo Nantz 100% better than Charles Davis, that guy is worthless. 

Romo has timely pre play insight, he previews the choices for in game decision making—looking around the corner

Charles loves the sound of his own voice.  I found him quite annoying during the game today and had to turn the volume down.

• Agree 1

Pittsburgh stinks. The Bills played a good half after 3 straight bad 1/2’s. Maybe they are starting to roll like after the 2nd half of Tampa last year? If that’s the case, watch out!!!

Last year I was POSITIVE that the Bills were going to crush the Steelers. This year I’m going to bite my tongue. It seems like those teams always play close games. Obviously I think that the Bills will win but I’m not going to predict a 4-score win like I thought was coming last year. 

10 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The Steelers are a mess. The offense especially. It has the looks like the players have quit on their coordinator the last two weeks. 
Pickett threw 3 picks and had a fumble in one half. 
They might start Rudolph at this point. 

Maybe they should bring back Devlin "Duck" Hodges. I heard somewhere he was much better than Josh Allen....

I just hope the Bills don't look ahead to the Chiefs game. This has "trap game" written all over it. 14 is a lot of points but unless the Steelers defense or special teams create a score I don't see Pitt getting many points. Trubisky has been terrible and starting a rookie on the road in a hostile environment is a tough spot to be in. Plus no Watt and Harris has been hurting this year. Sabres 31 Penguins 10 is my early prediction.

Edited by Greg S

Pittsburgh has been hot garbage all season, with the exception of TJ Watt who won't be playing.  They're going to finish last in their division.  Trubisky has been brutal, and their best alternative is a rookie who would be making his first career start on the road against a SB contender.  They just lost to the New York Jets. 

14 is a lot of points, but this game is absolutely a mismatch.

1 minute ago, UConn James said:

What would be the deal with PITT starting Trubitsky? He has familiarity of our system, seeing it in practice all last year, but we have familiarity with him. Is that a wash?

Trubisky is familiar with our defense in the same way that a man on death row is familiar with how electricity works.  Not gonna change the end result.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, UConn James said:

What would be the deal with PITT starting Trubitsky? He has familiarity of our system, seeing it in practice all last year, but we have familiarity with him. Is that a wash?

I think Pitt has to stay with Pickett at this point. They will probably finish last in their division as this is a rebuilding year. Might as well let Pickett play and get him some experience going forward. Trubisky has sucked and he isn't the future anyway.

I think people in here haven’t watched the Steelers play this year. I have. Their one win required a blocked extra point, mostly caused by an injury to the Bengals long snapper. Then they lost to the Pats, Browns and Jets. They could win on Sunday because they are an NFL team and “any given Sunday,” but that line is appropriate.

Also, Steeler Nation is HUGE, and a big line like that will cause a bunch of them to bet the Steelers even though the Steelers have a really hard time scoring against bad defenses.

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think Pitt has to stay with Pickett at this point. They will probably finish last in their division as this is a rebuilding year. Might as well let Pickett play and get him some experience going forward. Trubisky has sucked and he isn't the future anyway.

I don’t hold Mitch completely at fault. The Steelers OL is so bad that it makes the current Bills like look like the 80’s Hogs. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

for real? I saw none of the game, but my buddy was there and thought he looked good.

He didn’t lol he threw 3 picks. They were better off keeping Mitch out there. 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I just hope the Bills don't look ahead to the Chiefs game. This has "trap game" written all over it. 14 is a lot of points but unless the Steelers defense or special teams create a score I don't see Pitt getting many points. Trubisky has been terrible and starting a rookie on the road in a hostile environment is a tough spot to be in. Plus no Watt and Harris has been hurting this year. Sabres 31 Penguins 10 is my early prediction.

I dont think McD is gonna let these guys look past any of their games especially this one. But without TJ Watt and a major QB problem I don’t see Pittsburgh as a threat. They can’t even run the ball that well with Harris. 

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

for real? I saw none of the game, but my buddy was there and thought he looked good.

If your buddy is a Steeler fan, he’s grasping at straws to find a positive. It’s what fans do with rookie QBs. I had that game on, and Pickett looked lost out there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.