Bills open at -14 next week against Steelers

Steel City Mafia

• Steel City Mafia changed the title to Bills open at -14 next week against Steelers

Steelers got banged up a bit on defense against Jets, but think most of them finished the game.

That's a lot of points, and we're one dimensional on offense right now (similar to LY).  

Steelers offense still predicated with the 50/50 deep passes, even with Pickett.  And still capable of generating pressure with only 4man rush.  

I'd take Bills, if forced to bet, but would stay clear of this one.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The Steelers are a mess. The offense especially. It has the looks like the players have quit on their coordinator the last two weeks. 
Pickett threw 3 picks and had a fumble in one half. 
They might start Rudolph at this point. 

One INT was a 50/50 jump ball to Claypool that took a weird bounce, and another was the hail Mary to end the game.  

Kenny is going to start, and I'm more concerned about their weapons than him.  Johnson, Claypool, Najee, Freiermuth, and Pickens is a complete group.  Trenches will decide this one.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Steelers OC is quite inept to put it lightly. I just hope the Bills don't look past this team. If I'm not mistaken, can Tre practice this week? I know he won't play, but he can start practicing after 4 weeks?

I believe he’s eligible, but not sure they want to start the clock yet.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Steelers are probably going to use the same game plan they used last year and blitz Allen like crazy to get the ball out of his hands. 
Hello running game??

Pickett holds the ball too long to know any better yet. I’d bet at least 4 sacks by the D

Thought Steelers mostly rushed just 4 last year?  It wasn't until late in game, that we decided to stop going empty and run with Motor.

Lots of great connections in this game:

1. Brothers: Tremaine and Terrel.  Although Terrel may have suffered a concussion

2. Pitt Boys: Dane and Hamlin, both local Pitt kids & college, going against their childhood team

3. Levi / Trubisky return: Mitch likely won't be playing, but Levi's 1st game back in B-lo.  

4. Coaching buds: Tomlin and McDermott former college teammates

5. Rivalry: in past few yrs, this has been a contentious battle and 1st game Pitt will play Buffalo without Ben since 2004

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No he’s out until week 6 at least. 

No he can come back this week.  PUP is only 4 weeks.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized you were talking about Watt and someone else was talking about Tre.  You are correct about Watt but Tre will be back.

White, 27, will miss at least the first four games of the season.

White joined the team at the beginning of training camp and raised eyebrows, showing an increased workload while rehabbing, giving the Bills hope that he'd be available to start the season.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.