Worried about Cook……is it too early?

streetkings01

8 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Cook will be fine. His learning curve is a bit longer than we’d all like, but McD is a wizard with rookies. Look at Elam. He rightly started Beneford over him and what happened to Elam? He responded like a pro. Put his head down, went to work, got better, and today he was simply outstanding. He will nail down that 2nd CB spot for the next decade. Same thing will hopefully happen with Cook. McD will give him what he can handle and he will be more involved in the game plan as he can handle it and the season progresses. I hope and think by the second half of the season Cook will be comfortable and contributing 

Coach McD has a proven track record with cornerbacks and safeties. So it's no surprise if Elam and Benford excell. Not convinced when it comes to the running back position. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The pick becomes even more mind boggling when it clearly looks like they don’t know what to do with him. 

I hate seeing Moss get the ball. It’s a wasted play more often than not

Every time Moss gets the ball I’m assuming 2-3 yards at best. 1 or negative yardage most likely. I wish the team would move on. The rookie Dameon Pierce in HOU has a comparable athletic profile but is 10x the runner.

20 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Based on one dropped ball today?  That's not really fair. Dropped passes were contagious today.  Diggs dropped a sure TD.  Singletary coughed it up.

He's barely gotten a chance.  Let's get him more involved in games, then make a critique.  Make him the feature back next week.  Give him 10 carries and a few pass targets and see how he does.

Weekly occurrence!! 

24 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I know he’s a rookie……I get it, but RB is usually the one position where a rookie can make an impact from day #1 which Cook hasn’t. Add in the fact Beane/McDermott haven’t been great at evaluating RB’s either in the draft or free agency. He really needs to start showing he belongs in the NFL over the next couple weeks or we’ll start to see him inactive on game days.

My thought is he is hung up on prior mistakes and its causing them to continue. Once he gets a string of positive plays, I think he will take off. Looking forward to it and hope it starts sooner than later. We could use the big plays he can make!

Needs more carries and they should be at expense of Zach Moss, but yeah, I am worries.  Unscientifically, his body language is all off.  Looks uncertain out there, and defenses feed of that.  

He is not his brother, that is clear.  Who are what he is remains in question, and we won't know if he only gets the call a few times a game.

29 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The pick becomes even more mind boggling when it clearly looks like they don’t know what to do with him. 

I hate seeing Moss get the ball. It’s a wasted play more often than not

Because Moss, who also sucks, doesn’t put the ball on the dirt like Singletary. 

35 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Based on one dropped ball today?  That's not really fair. Dropped passes were contagious today.  Diggs dropped a sure TD.  Singletary coughed it up.

He's barely gotten a chance.  Let's get him more involved in games, then make a critique.  Make him the feature back next week.  Give him 10 carries and a few pass targets and see how he does.

No……based on the first 4 weeks of the season.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because Moss, who also sucks, doesn’t put the ball on the dirt like Singletary. 

Moss is just as careless with ball……he’s been benched in the past because of it.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Shakir looked pretty shaky the first couple times he got in a game but this week much better.  Cook will come around.

Shakir played his first second NFL regular season game today and he was not shaky at all. 

Agree on Cook, we need to see more of him before we judge him.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.