Worried about Cook……is it too early?

streetkings01

I know he’s a rookie……I get it, but RB is usually the one position where a rookie can make an impact from day #1 which Cook hasn’t. Add in the fact Beane/McDermott haven’t been great at evaluating RB’s either in the draft or free agency. He really needs to start showing he belongs in the NFL over the next couple weeks or we’ll start to see him inactive on game days.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3

5 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I know he’s a rookie……I get it, but RB is usually the one position where a rookie can make an impact from day #1 which Cook hasn’t. Add in the fact Beane/McDermott haven’t been great at evaluating RB’s either in the draft or free agency. He really needs to start showing he belongs in the NFL over the next couple weeks or we’ll start to see him inactive on game days.

Based on one dropped ball today?  That's not really fair. Dropped passes were contagious today.  Diggs dropped a sure TD.  Singletary coughed it up.

He's barely gotten a chance.  Let's get him more involved in games, then make a critique.  Make him the feature back next week.  Give him 10 carries and a few pass targets and see how he does.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Not overly worried yet, especially bc he has had limited opportunities.

I think we should be giving him more reps.  Motor is the better overall back, right now, but the way we run our offense I don't understand why he's not getting more chances.  Other than if the coaches aren't convinced on his pass protection yet.

Dressing "4 RBs", with Jones, is a waste with our offense.  Moss should be sitting and we should be dressing another WR each week...but with recent injuries, not sure that changes.

• Like (+1) 1

Cook will be fine. His learning curve is a bit longer than we’d all like, but McD is a wizard with rookies. Look at Elam. He rightly started Beneford over him and what happened to Elam? He responded like a pro. Put his head down, went to work, got better, and today he was simply outstanding. He will nail down that 2nd CB spot for the next decade. Same thing will hopefully happen with Cook. McD will give him what he can handle and he will be more involved in the game plan as he can handle it and the season progresses. I hope and think by the second half of the season Cook will be comfortable and contributing 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

It’s too early, and he’s not gotten enough opportunities. That said, his confidence looks shot to me. Body language since that first fumble has been off. He has to shake it off and lock in. He could be a big weapon for us down the stretch, but he has to pull himself out of this funk. 

• Agree 2

Winning in the NFL is never easy but the schedule after the bye week opens up a little. If the Bills stay healthy and take care of business it should open up more opportunities for him. Our schedule has been brutal to start the season. Not ideal for throwing a rookie into the backfield.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Everyone need to understand Cook was a home run swing because the bench is loaded.

he might be a miss. And they still have a great roster 

He may be a grand slam as well, very early to tell.

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

It’s too early, and he’s not gotten enough opportunities. That said, his confidence looks shot to me. Body language since that first fumble has been off. He has to shake it off and lock in. He could be a big weapon for us down the stretch, but he has to pull himself out of this funk. 

Ever see the guy speak he is quite low key anyway, looks like he's half asleep to me and subdued.

• Like (+1) 2

Being he has gotten maybe eight total snaps in four games…, I’’m going with way to early.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.