Potential WR FA/Trade candidates

MasterStrategist

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

After he pulls some ***** out of his ass to buy time and play back street football.😅

And then who catches it?  

Again your absurd attempt at some sort of distorted victory lap about saying we need WR help back in the off-season just because 4 of the WRs we kept are now dealing with injuries is pretty lame.

18 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

With all due respect, did anyone expect Crowder to stay healthy this year?

OTOH, Davis has also missed games in each of his 3 NFL seasons

Hodgen should already be on this active roster he earned that in the preseason they do have a practice squad to pick off of and it’s interesting how it’s the slot receivers that are getting hit the hardest whenever that was our deepest position but also keep in mind hear that we do have shakur Who is probably eventually going to take over that position anyway

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Davis seemingly has ankle issues every year as well and is inconsistent,… even today the dude dropped some balls that hit him right in the hands. Nothing new with him. Crowder looks semi washed. 

They all struggle for separation outside of Diggs… and it’s no coincidence the GM himself stated BEFORE the season they were looking for more help at outside WR. 

I stand by my statement. Diggs is terrific everyone else is meh at this point. 

Beane is looking to add talent at almost every position at all times.  He’s said that too.  

stand by it. I wanted another WR too. I just realize that it would’ve come at the expense of another position.  If healthy, our welcome unit is just fine.  Kumerow played  well up til the injury.  I expect my boy Shakir to step up and play a role.  

The big fail has been James Cook. Hopefully he can change that soon

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think in general people forget there’s no money to spend right now. 

Curtis Samuel is really the one unrealistic target, as Bills would be on the hook for base salary (not bonus money).

Both Cooks and Clapyool have <$2m cap implication to Buffalo, with a hypothetical trade.  Cooks is most realistic.

We shall see, but so far think the front office plan of using Crowder/McKenzie in the slot and Cook as a pass catching RB threat, has mainly whiffed.  Obviously early in the season, but think we need to figure out how to better utilize Knox/Cook/Shakir, or look outside the organization to acquire.

• Like (+1) 1

C'mon folks. Neither Crowder nor Kumrow were making any significant impact whatsoever. Both barely made the 53 man roster cut. Now we need to replace them with an all pro? Ridiculous. Hodgins and Shakir already know the playbook. Shakir is already making an impact. Hodgins almost made the final cut and has good size and speed. If the Bills sign an unsigned free agent to fill a spot on the practice squad that's fine. The rest of this conversation is pure fantasy.     

5 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

C'mon folks. Neither Crowder nor Kumrow were making any significant impact whatsoever. Both barely made the 53 man roster cut. Now we need to replace them with an all pro? Ridiculous. Hodgins and Shakir already know the playbook. Shakir is already making an impact. Hodgins almost made the final cut and has good size and speed. If the Bills sign an unsigned free agent to fill a spot on the practice squad that's fine. The rest of this conversation is pure fantasy.     

Would love it if Hodgins stepped up, but he barely created separation in the preseason against 2nd-3rd stringers. 

Honestly think Speedy has more of a chance at making an impact, he has playmaking potential.  Should know this week how close he is to returning from IR.

We have had issues beating press coverage, now every team doesn't have personnel in the secondary to execute, but that problem continues to be evident.  At least, with Davis banged up.  I had hopes we'd get more production frrom Knox/Mckenzie/Crowder/Cook, but it's not happening yet.  Front office isn't going to make a snap decision. but if things don't turn around soon (and with recent injuries), think its definitely possible we look to add another WR.

Maybe later in the season but still not sure you look to do anything now. Crowder and Kumerow should be back after the bye week hopefully. McKenzie “could” be back for the Steelers. Would expect Davis to be much better with another week. Tavon Austin and M Stevens are options for depth from the PS. For the Steelers game looking like Diggs, Davis, Shakir will be your starters. Would be a nice game to get some plays from Knox. Hoping the Bills could out the gate next week strong and put the game away early!

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Hodgen should already be on this active roster he earned that in the preseason they do have a practice squad to pick off of and it’s interesting how it’s the slot receivers that are getting hit the hardest whenever that was our deepest position but also keep in mind hear that we do have shakur Who is probably eventually going to take over that position anyway

Chiefs aren’t afraid to start rookies on offense that’s all I’m going to say 

Even after Shakir has a notable impact on the game in the final minutes, two key conversions and a great block to spring Singletary on the last drive, we're having this conversation? 

Just keep rolling with what we got. Shakir and Hodgins. Get Morris more involved. No need for knee jerk reactions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.