Potential WR FA/Trade candidates

MasterStrategist

Now through 4 weeks of the season, time to take a step back and look at our roster & potential roster moves over the next 4-6 weeks:

Biggest Concerns:

1. WR

2. OL/Run game

YAC & speed is a key component missing, IMO.

What would you do?:

1. Should we look to make a trade for a WR?

2. Do we give Shakir, and possibly, Hodgins/Speedy a chance to show what they can do?

3. Option 2, and look to sign someone like OBJ later in year (if needed)?

4. Stay the course with current group?

IMO, I think we need to get another playmaker immediately (especially w/Crowder & Kumerow out).  I'd be looking for Beane to swing a trade, and think these players could be available in the coming weeks:

1. Brandin Cooks - Texans: Houston quickly falling into oblivion, and Cook is the type of speed weapon that we could use in this offense.  Estimate he'd take a 4th rounder to acquire

2. Curtis Samuel - Commanders: he's a top target player for Washington, but they have McLaurin and Dotson that they are ultimately building around. They aren't making the playoffs this season, but likely will ask for a 3rd rounder. Samuel isn't the deep ball threat, but more a YAC guy who this offense could use.  He carries a decent cap hit, so it might be too costly

3. Chase Claypool - Steelers: this will be a difficult decision for Omar Khan, as he was a 2nd rounder & early producer for their offense. Flip-side, he brings a "diva" attitude & they just gave Diontae his $$$s and drafted Pickens (looks like a very good future player) in the 2nd. Steelers might be looking to keep as many playmakers as possible, as they acclimate Kenny to the NFL...but they are clearly in a rebuild period.  Likely would cost a 2nd rounder, as he's on his rookie deal & 1 more year under a cheaper contract.

I haven't assessed OL options, but think they are "all-in" with this current group (for this year). 

My guess, we'll give Shakir a chance & look to swing a trade for a Brandin Cooks type at the trade deadline.

• Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

I would prefer Denzel Mims but they’ll never give him to us. 
I mentioned Terrance Marshall from Carolina but I have no info other than he’s probably available. 
Some of those options above are very unrealistic 

@MasterStrategist there is no cap room to bring in most of those guys you mentioned. You need a low round rookie or vet minimum contract 

Edited by Rc2catch

I mentioned Greg Dortch in another thread. Has had a good start to the season and he's a Punt Returner but is going to get lost in the depth at WR with Brown, Rondale Moore and the return of DeAndre Hopkins. Longshot but maybe a 4th would be enticing enough for them.

I honestly think T.Y Hilton is the best option. Plays the slot which they need. Still might have something in the tank. Its probably too early in the season for a lot of teams to be in tank mode and be selling.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would prefer Denzel Mims but they’ll never give him to us
I mentioned Terrance Marshall from Carolina but I have no info other than he’s probably available. 
Some of those options above are very unrealistic 

@MasterStrategist there is no cap room to bring in most of those guys you mentioned. You need a low round rookie or vet minimum contract 

Why? Do we need a waterboy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.