Which unit has impressed you more so far this season. Offense or Defense?

Beast

More impressive unit. Offense or Defense?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. More impressive unit

No Oliver, basically all season so far.  

Jordan Phillips missing 2 of 4 games. 

No Tre White yet. 

Those are 3 big time defenders we get back soon.  

Easily the defense.  Practice Squad DT’s playing fantastic.. Milano is a top 3 linebacker in the league.  Elam vs Dane for CB2 is going to be a straight up dog fight. 

• Like (+1) 1

Both have been excellent. 

I picked the defense due to consistency, team play, and handling injuries.  The DL is noticeably the most improved unit on the team so far, and we are playing practice squad tackles some of the time.  The DBs are very young and holding up well considering the injuries to 4 of the 5 starters.  The LBs have been exceptional.  

The offense is mostly Josh and Diggs.  Injuries at WR and OL have slowed down point production a bit in the past few weeks, but they are still producing and moving the ball.  I think the interior OL can use more power and skill and has to be upgraded.   Running back production is pretty much just Singletary.  

Defense and it’s not close. At least not yet. Hopefully the Offense gets it together a bit more. They haven’t been bad. They are too 3 in points scored I think. Allen was as 1st in yards and 2nd in TDs heading into this game. Top 2-3 for MVP votes at this point. But the defense is just something special. And they are doing it without White, Hyde, Phillips, Oliver, Poyer for a game, and Benford out. When they get healthy, they are going to punish people. 

hopefully this means nothing but offense in this years upcoming draft. First round OL, more WR options, more TEs, and yes, until we actually find a decent one, more RBs.

Dedicate the entire draft on offense for once, and give Allen some love. I think the defense will be just fine and hopefully won’t be losing anyone. Pay Poyer, at the least franchise tag Edmunds. Resign Phillips and Shaq to  multi year deals and just roll the same exact defense out there next year again. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Defense is terrific as to be expected given the investment. 

Offense is Josh or nothing…

When we get Oliver,  Phillips and Tre back healthy God help the opposing offenses. Josh needs help from the OL, WR drops and RB mistakes. He can't be expected to do it all.

Defense by far.

Josh Allen is the best player in football but I'm honestly kind of disappointed with the rest of the offense so far. I said the same last week and folks pointed to Allen's passing yards but after watching Gabe today, it seems more people are starting to share the concern. A good large portion of the offseason hype regarding our offense just assumed that both Gabe and Knox would naturally take another step. We'd have our #2 and a great young TE and everything would be wonderful. But unfortunately, this hasn't happened yet.

Furthermore Crowder sucks. I hate to say it because I loved the move this offseason but he's certainly not bringing what Beasley brought to the table. McKenzie and hopefully now Shakir are stepping up but it's not the multi-weapon powerhouse that we thought it would be. It's pretty much just Josh Allen and some Diggs.

• Agree 2

Defense based on my expectations due to injuries. If you told me we were going to be without Tre White, Ed Oliver, and Micah Hyde, I would have thought our defense would be a liability. In reality, they have kept us in games long enough for our offense to finally click. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.