Bills Never Win Close Games, Bad Coaching!

DieHardBillsFan

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

He is 1-8 in one score games in his last 9.

One win doesn’t change that but it sure is fun!

Wait are you going back to 2020 and only counting half of the games? By my count since 2020 we are:

2020 7-2 in 1 score games and 8-2 in 2+ score games.

2021 0-6 in 1 score games 12-1 in 2+ score games.

2022 1-1 in 1 score games and 2-0 in 2+ score games.

For a grand total of 8-9 in 1 score games and 23-3 in 2+ score games from last 3 years.

6 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Wait are you going back to 2020 and only counting half of the games? By my count since 2020 we are:

For a grand total of 8-9 in 1 score games and 23-3 in 2+ score games from last 3 years.

I was actually quoting a tweet.

Looks like it was referencing 2021 and this year.

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

We put the game on the line on a 3rd and 2 QB sneak. We don't get the 1st on that sneak the Ravens get the ball back with more than a minute only needing a FG to tie with the best kicker in the NFL.

Bills have a high powered offense and supposedly good defense with defensive coaches but playing these stupid ticky tack cutesy games at the end of the game. This is something sub-500 teams do to scratch out a win, not a Super Bowl contending power house.

This small minded football isn't the brand of a powerhouse team that we are. We took a massive risk today that was entirely unnecessary.  Put the ball in the end zone and trust your defense vs a team that didn't score a TD since the 1st.

Even in a game we won we illustrated qualities that are why we have the record we do in 1 score games.

Take the W, huge playoff level win today vs a top seed contender. But my god i fear this coaching staff will never learn. 

This has my vote for crap post of the year. It’s an impressive display of not only ignorance (it was second down not third) but a complete lack of situational awareness and strategy. That last drive was a master class in coaching and execution. Singletary going down, then Josh getting the first on sneak without losing the ball or scoring was elite level execution. Milking the clock while the Ravens lose their sht on the field and sidelines was a thing of beauty.

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Exactly right. Instead of enjoying a great win. This thread cherry picks a stat to make the coaches and Josh Allen look bad. What's the point? Just go back less then 2 years with the almost same exact offense and their were plenty of tight game wins. Some people just like to be miserable.   

29 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

McDermott was 19-11 in one score games in the regular season his first 3 seasons.

Even before today on a run of 6 consecutive defeats in one score games he was above .500 for a career. 

20-17 is his current record. 

EDIT: should add he is 1-3 in the playoffs. For full candour. So 21-20 if you include regular and post season.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

McDermott was 19-11 in one score games in the regular season his first 3 seasons.

Even before today on a run of 6 consecutive defeats in one score games he was above .500 for a career. 

EDIT: should add he is 1-3 in the playoffs. For full candour. So 21-20 if you include regular and post season.

So..pretty awesome!

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So when the games are close, he's about 500 but if its a blow away, its over 80%. I'll take those odds. I would say he learns from his losses. I think we could all agree... After the Pats were destroyed in a close game that was cold. And the next hot game in Miami will be a blow out as well!

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So..pretty awesome!

It feels like it was a real strength in his early years with a less talented team. As the team has got better they have got worse in those situations. Was it a random trott of bad luck (certainly some randomness in some of those games), was it them maybe coaching it differently than when they were being cautious with less talent? Was it a mix of factors? Who knows. 

I do think the Bills needed the monkey off their backs though. Keep losing them and it does start to become a mental thing.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It feels like it was a real strength in his early years with a less talented team. As the team has got better they have got worse in those situations. Was it a random trott of bad luck (certainly some randomness in some of those games), was it them maybe coaching it differently than when they were being cautious with less talent? Was it a mix of factors? Who knows. 

I do think the Bills needed the monkey off their backs though. Keep losing them and it does start to become a mental thing.

true.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Literally there were people demanding to fire McD in the shout box during the first half.  

Unbelievable.  

really?   

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

seemed to me the better players were used to blowing pol out and tightened up too much in close games. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.