Bills Never Win Close Games, Bad Coaching!

DieHardBillsFan

We put the game on the line on a 3rd and 2 QB sneak. We don't get the 1st on that sneak the Ravens get the ball back with more than a minute only needing a FG to tie with the best kicker in the NFL.

Bills have a high powered offense and supposedly good defense with defensive coaches but playing these stupid ticky tack cutesy games at the end of the game. This is something sub-500 teams do to scratch out a win, not a Super Bowl contending power house.

This small minded football isn't the brand of a powerhouse team that we are. We took a massive risk today that was entirely unnecessary.  Put the ball in the end zone and trust your defense vs a team that didn't score a TD since the 1st.

Even in a game we won we illustrated qualities that are why we have the record we do in 1 score games.

Take the W, huge playoff level win today vs a top seed contender. But my god i fear this coaching staff will never learn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

We put the game on the line on a 3rd and 2 QB sneak. We don't get the 1st on that sneak the Ravens get the ball back with more than a minute only needing a FG to tie with the best kicker in the NFL.

Bills have a high powered offense and supposedly good defense with defensive coaches but playing these stupid ticky tack cutesy games at the end of the game. This is something sub-500 teams do to scratch out a win, not a Super Bowl contending power house.

This small minded football isn't the brand of a powerhouse team that we are. We took a massive risk today that was entirely unnecessary.  Put the ball in the end zone and trust your defense vs a team that didn't score a TD since the 1st.

Even in a game we won we illustrated qualities that are why we have the record we do in 1 score games.

Take the W, huge playoff level win today vs a top seed contender. But my god i fear this coaching staff will never learn. 

This post actually makes no sense.  In general, please excuse me if I tend to value and trust the decision making ability of a professional NFL coaching staff of a winning, even dominant team, over the the weak uninformed views of some random message board poster.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Ummmmm it can end until the first quarter next week. 

I am pretty sure we will be "unprepared" again if Steelers somehow score on their first drive and we make a drop or two.

23 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

It was 2nd and 2 but don't let the facts derail you.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This is the guy who isn't happy no matter what happens. He would be the guy saying they should have ran the clock out if the Bills score a TD there, Ravens come back to tie and win in OT.

Amazing people actually have the mindset where nothing someone can do is right.

It's called situational awareness. Think that after the 13 second game, this shows they have learned a lot.

Edited by Big Turk

I made this post on Friday:

The only thing that concerns me is the question of why the Bills don't win close games.  Not that they can't win them, but they don't.  Allen skips the throw to McKenzie against the Dolphins.  Allen slips on the fourth down run last year against the Titans.  A blocked punt against the Steelers, and the offense doesn't score enough to overcome that single bad play.  A half dozen or more missed opportunities against the Texans in the playoff loss in Allen's second year.  Allen underthrows just enough to Clay against Miami, the last time the Dolphins beat the Bills, for him not to score the winning TD.  And of course 13 seconds.  Is there some crucial guts component to this team, that's missing?  I hope not, and I love watching them destroy other teams in a riot of scoring and big defensive plays.  But not all the games are blowouts.  The Bills have a running streak of all their consecutive wins by double digits.  I would dearly love to see that string broken, by the Bills pulling out a tough close game for the win.

And so I am so happy not only that they won, but HOW they won.  They were clearly in a fog in the first half against the Ravens, maybe still coming out of the fatigue from the Dolphins game.  Then they came out from halftime and we got to see the real Bills.  If any of the Bills had a little nagging doubt in their mind about close games, that should have gone away with Bass's automatic kick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Thank God you're not coaching 

47 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I guess we need to stop blowing other teams out so they'll stop saying we can't win close games, huh?

When people have an agenda, they'll distort any positive into a negative. 

Now it's "well they're only 1-7 in their last 8". 

The game is called "you can never win my respect. Ever." 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.