Huge shout out to the Bills D

ILBillsfan

Impressive play by the Bills D after getting down 20-3 to shut out the Baltimore D and come up with the huge turnover in the EZ.  

Poyer

Lawson 

Milano 

Could list more but those are the ones I thought stood out.  Without the D this comeback is not possible and should get a game ball with how well they kept fighting.  How about doing this with some key guys out on IR.  They will only get stronger

Way to go Bills....... GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

Impressive play by the Bills D after getting down 20-3 to shut out the Baltimore D and come up with the huge turnover in the EZ.  

Poyer

Lawson 

Milano 

Could list more but those are the ones I thought stood out.  Without the D this comeback is not possible and should get a game ball with how well they kept fighting.  How about doing this with some key guys out on IR.  They will only get stronger

To be fair, 10 of the 20 points Ravens scored were really the result of the offense not really the defense.  They only gave up one real TD drive and played a great overall game.  They kept Lamar in check again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

To be fair, 10 of the 20 points Ravens scored were really the result of the offense not really the defense.  They only gave up one real TD drive and played a great overall game.  They kept Lamar in check again.

They let up two real drives.  The last one was stopped w the int.

Looking at the games this season, our d allows two real drives a game.  We aren't getting trucked as bad as we did last season at times either.

Some of the stats are better for the O, and Josh really is our whole team, but the D is the better squad this season.

5 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Poyer

Lawson 

Milano 

Could not agree more. The offense did them no favors in the first half and they hung in like champs. Bend but don’t break and contained Lamar as much as you can in that situation.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bferra13 said:

And we locked him up at a great price too.

absolutely....Beane has done a gret job of getting ahead for the most part on getting guys signed to some really good contracts

I trust he has a good plan with Poyer as well, specially with the Hyde injury that I hope is not similar to other players with neck injuries that they end up retireing.

Every game this year the opposition has gone 3 and out on their opening 2nd half possession(and maybe their first 2 actually). 

3 of the 4 games they have not allowed a single point in the 2nd half. Miami got 7 on us and that has been it.

Bills D still has not allowed a 300 yard game..296 by Baltimore with only 134 passing. They were the first team that gained more than 250.

Those numbers are absurd.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, colin said:

They let up two real drives.  The last one was stopped w the int.

Looking at the games this season, our d allows two real drives a game.  We aren't getting trucked as bad as we did last season at times either.

Some of the stats are better for the O, and Josh really is our whole team, but the D is the better squad this season.

We are the number one D in the league and we are doing this against the good teams on our schedule.  This isn't like last year.  We are truly elite now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And that drive in fairness was mainly Greg Roman being freaking awesome. He is such an underrated coordinator and that was a brilliant drive. He is so creative but nobody gives credit for creativity in the run game.

They had one drive each half and second half we held on 4th down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Credit to Beane and the staff in drafts and bringing in players on good contracts to help with the depth that is seen on this D Line

In the not so far away future White gets health Benford will eventually get on the field it just makes me smile that the Bills will have White, Jackson, Benford, Elam that is going to make this D even more versatil and will be interesting to see what Frazier schemes up

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Two weeks of short field TDs for the opponents after turnovers. nice to overcome this one.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Remember when some people were complaining that they paid Milano $10m a year ? 

Milano is one of my favorites. He reads offenses like I haven't seen before. Reminds me a bit of the Biscuit. He always knew when to fly to the ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.