Around the NFL - NFL Games (other than Bills) Week #4 Discussion Thread

ColoradoBills

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Does the Mark Kelso style padding on the outside of the helmet make a difference at all?  

It looked silly, but if it had any impact on reducing head injuries, I may want me $40+ million dollar QB using it.

I’d be fine with putting Josh in pink bubble wrap if it means he’ll be safe out there!

Zack Wilson beating the steelers that is nice to see.

23 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Pitt a below average team trending downward. Jets a below average team trending upward.

Regarding the Jets, that metallic green color of their helmets looks great in the bright sun.

The Jets are also a team I could get behind and like, but then I remember what their fans are like. EVERY team has bad/arrogant fans when they win a game, but Jets fans can be some of the worst.

Steelers lost Watt that was the end. 

16 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I thought I saw a study of college and pro QBs that show they get injured just as much in the pocket as they do out of the pocket.  I'd like to see Josh slide more and avoid contact, but other than that, I'd ALMOST rather see him run where he can see what is in front of him as opposed to him staying in the pocket and taking more blind-side hits.

whenever he's having a rough game he always seems to come out of it and start playing better when he takes off running.

I've come to the conclusion that getting hit just helps him get into the flow and play better, almost as though it loosens him up. The designed runs I'm not in favor of but his scrambling is much easier to protect himself and such a huge part of his game that I want that to continue

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

whenever he's having a rough game he always seems to come out of it and start playing better when he takes off running.

I've come to the conclusion that getting hit just helps him get into the flow and play better, almost as though it loosens him up. The designed runs I'm not in favor of but his scrambling is much easier to protect himself and such a huge part of his game that I want that to continue

hes said it himself, he likes that first run, lowering his shoulder and trucking someone. Shakes the jitters out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rodgers is looking dreadful against the Pats...

3 of 8 for 38 yards...Patriot QBs are outplaying him haha...

Now just threw a pick 6...wow. 

Could Rodgers get benched at the half?? He deserves it.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.