Why talk radio is better with NO callers…

LabattBlue

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Was just in the car running a quick errand.  Flipped on WGR.  Lets take a call…

Caller…The Dolphins should have to forfeit the game against the Bills!

Me…immediately changed to music. 

I mean… this thread is basically the internet version of a radio show caller.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I swear when I listen to the morning show I always hear a couple that sound half in the bag. At 7:30am. On a Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I had this discussion my buddy. As soon as you change the result of a game after it happened you open Pandora’s box. Once it’s final it HAS to be final. Deal with it after the fact. 

• Agree 1

Are you kidding?  It can be some of the best comedy ever.  Just dont be drinking coffee while listening in your car or you'll be needing a detail.

Thinking they should forfeit the game is ridiculous though.  That is never going to happen.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I had this discussion my buddy. As soon as you change the result of a game after it happened you open Pandora’s box. Once it’s final it HAS to be final. Deal with it after the fact. 

Which is why the Pats* are regarded so highly despite all the cheating, while certain college programs have had to vacate wins/championships (USC)

3 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Which is why the Pats* are regarded so highly despite all the cheating, while certain college programs have had to vacate wins/championships (USC)

Vacating after the fact is still different than forcing a team to forfeit the result the same lesson let alone 1 week later. On a side note, should Reggie Bush really have had to return his Heisman? That was ridiculous IMO

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

Vacating after the fact is still different than forcing a team to forfeit the result the same lesson let alone 1 week later. On a side note, should Reggie Bush really have had to return his Heisman? That was ridiculous IMO

I don't remember the details of it.  I remember him losing yards for the Bills and now he's selling gross looking Wendy's food 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I've stopped listening to the WGR postgame, because those two guys say very little and then they open it up to callers.  

On Car Talk on NPR, one day those guys asked an important question:  Do two people who don't know what they're talking about know more or less than one person who doesn't know what he's talking about?   Talk radio is 20 consecutive people who don't know what they're talking about.  It adds up to negative knowledge. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the only time I've honestly called for a forfeit was when the Tennessee Plaguerats were holding illegal secret practices in the middle of an outbreak and screwed our schedule.

But once a game is played, it's played unless there was some sort of 1000% egregious, unprecedented cheating going on with a smoking gun/confessions to prove it.

30 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I heard that. LOL

The caller before him was a good call about the 4th and 4 in the 4th quarter. it brought up some good debate.

As much as I did complain about Schopp and the Bulldog when I listed to them they did do a pretty good job of putting bad callers in their place. That is when they ever stopped talking about American Idol and their favorite types of breakfast meats and got around to actual sports talk. 

Edited by BillsfaninChicago
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.