NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Not that it mattered, but I believe there should’ve been a flag thrown against the Ravens on the pass to Singletary right at the end. Spencer Brown got up incredibly upset and I wondered why until I saw the replay. The Ravens guy went low on him to engage both Brown and Singletary-pretty sure that’s illegal. Don’t know why I remember it, but the same thing happened years ago in the Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl. Hassleback went low on a defender trying to block him as the guy who had the ball tried to get by and he was called for a penalty. Again didn’t have an impact on the game at all, but I think there could’ve been a flag 

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I thought Singletary had a few nice critical plays. 

Awesome news. The Bills secondary is so much better with him. 

Saw that.  That was a pretty hard collision.  I'm glad he was able to hold onto the ball.  This is not even close to the same defense if Hyde AND Poyer are out.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

It was soft as can be. Under those game conditions the refs should have never made that call. Especially, as many have said the Ravens were previously hitting Allen a lot. So much for consistency. 

It was an obvious penalty.  Whether it was called or not is an entirely random event depending on the perceptions and inconsistency of any particular subpar NFL crew.  In this case, they got it right.  Score one for the good guys.  Calling it a soft call is just wrong.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder when the last time the bills won having never lead in the game until the last play. 

edit: oddly I didn’t see SlimShadys post before I posted. Weird timing. But my question is still a bit different with the never having led in the game. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Ravens fans also overlooking the number of late hits against Josh NOT given today. And the McKenzie hit which didn't bring out a flag.

Yep.

There was one helmet driven into Allen's chin pretty early.

A bit later there was also the flying knee "thing" when Allen went into his slide that I thought was very avoidable.

The scales ended up getting balanced.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Ravens fans really think 2nd and 10 would have saved them.

Didn't the Bills get flagged for RTP today?

Never mind.  I just looked through the drives and they did not.  The guy is still wrong though as it's not often Josh benefits from a late hit call.

Edited by jkeerie

33 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Not that it mattered, but I believe there should’ve been a flag thrown against the Ravens on the pass to Singletary right at the end. Spencer Brown got up incredibly upset and I wondered why until I saw the replay. The Ravens guy went low on him to engage both Brown and Singletary-pretty sure that’s illegal. Don’t know why I remember it, but the same thing happened years ago in the Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl. Hassleback went low on a defender trying to block him as the guy who had the ball tried to get by and he was called for a penalty. Again didn’t have an impact on the game at all, but I think there could’ve been a flag 

Neither team is allowed to go low like that on a pick/fumble return, but it's perfectly legal on a typical play where there's no change of possession.

• Like (+1) 1

Just watching some highlights.  On that pass into the end zone that Poyer intercepted, boy was Shaq Lawson being held by the left tackle...totally uncalled of course.

I feel like I saw blatant uncalled holding against Baltimore on at least 5 or 6 plays.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I was already thinking to myself as I read that... werent the Bills also the first team... then I read the rest.

I also remember the “Lamar Jackson has never thrown a red zone INT in his career” thing before Taron took that one to the house in the playoff game. Don’t know if he’s thrown another one since, but Poyer had another one today.

2 end zone INT’s in last 2 games against the Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.