NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

That is correct.

I believe Singletary went down because he felt the Raven coming and wanted to protect the ball and ensure he did not get pushed-dragged into the end zone.

At that point the Bills still needed a 1st down to ensure they could run the clock out.

I think the number one thing was to not get the ball stripped or punched out and to not score the TD. They still had two chances to get that first. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Boger was totally blind back there today. I actually think he called no offensive holds on either team. I saw 2 or 3 clear ones that had a huge impact on the play. 

I prefer they don't get too forensic with flagging the trenches. That's just me.

There are more than a few times our guys get that hold on DL players that beat them... just enough for Allen to take off.

So many teams are lining up their talented speed rushers in that wide 9 look outside the right tackles.

Brown is long and pretty athletic, but those RTs get beat like a drum week in and week out. Brown has his share of whiffs too. They have a tough job.

Just not sure I want every one of those flagged. I think refs are looking at how long and how blatant.

236017176_ScreenShot2022-10-03at6_35_54PM.thumb.png.49ab4438c54362f14face38c992e65de.png

Wide open on the left.  Lamar never even looked to that side of the field.  He was watching his target the entire time.  He also could have stepped up through that gaping hole but backpeddled instead because he was too locked in on that target.

Edited by Scott7975

26 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I prefer they don't get too forensic with flagging the trenches. That's just me.

There are more than a few times our guys get that hold on DL players that beat them... just enough for Allen to take off.

So many teams are lining up their talented speed rushers in that wide 9 look outside the right tackles.

Brown is long and pretty athletic, but those RTs get beat like a drum week in and week out. Brown has his share of whiffs too. They have a tough job.

Just not sure I want every one of those flagged. I think refs are looking at how long and how blatant.

Agreed. I don’t mind a lax approach, similar to college. Just when it is really egregious— they have to call it. The Hold on Dane was the difference between a 10-yard sack and a 30-yard completion, and was very blatant. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

To me it is the major problem with analytics.  

The math said go, but the math does not always take every probable scenario into account and make factors - along with things like the weather.

But did the math say so?  According to Greeny today on his show, the math said it was 0.4% better.  They went because Harbaugh did not trust his defense.  And I'm here for it.  I can never ever ever root for the Cleveland Ravens.

Edited by wjag

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s not all on the running backs…even when our starters are in on the offensive line we have some of the worst run blocking in the league 

Doesn't matter.

Talented RBs usually find gaps and holes on their own. Our offensive line can do so much. At this point, I'd rather have our backs used as extra protection for Josh Allen and check down plays.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yes, I was indeed referring to the int in the endzone. Apologies if I missed any context. 

No worries mate! I'm in the middle of rewatching, it was the last series of the first half where Poyer came through the receiver and could have been flagged but wasn't, just like the Raven defender on McKenzie in the first half wasn't. Both 3rd downs, both resulting in a defensive stop. It was one of the first blitzes the Bills ran, and forced the first punt from the Ravens.

Speaking of adjustments, I was dumping all over Frazier midway through the 2nd quarter but the Bills D coaches definitely were figuring it out. Baltimore drives:

1) TD

2) TD

3) FG

4) FG

5) Punt

6) Punt

7) Punt

8) Punt

9) Int

10) Int

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 hours ago, K-9 said:

Per the bold, if Ravens fans are upset about the play Poyer made, they should acquaint themselves with the rule book. Poyer has just as much of a right to make a play on the ball as the receiver does, which is exactly what he did. Unlike Poyer, the Ravens DB who clocked McKenzie did no such thing. As far from a “mirror image” as can be. 

Poyer said in his post game presser that he was playing with Lamar's eyes (paraphrasing) and that he is sure Lamar would want that pass back.

To me that not only reaffirms Poyer was playing the ball, but also that he was baiting Lamar to make that throw.

I thought the Ravens' DBs were getting there early throughout the game without making a play on the ball and not getting the DPIs.

If I was a Ravens fan, I am not sure officiating is where I would look for answers with their string of late game collapses.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Omg. Byrant not only occupies 3 of their blockers, but he drives Richard back to the 8 yard line and pancakes him. Holy *****. 

He was a terror all preseason. I would have kept him over Lawson honestly, but he got through to the PS and since has been signed to the 53, because pro scouts see this stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yes, I was indeed referring to the int in the endzone. Apologies if I missed any context. 

That Poyer INT in the end zone was almost as good as Hyde’s come out of nowhere pick in the New England playoff game.  Almost.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.