NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

10 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I apologize for the horrible screenshot, may have been brought up and it's moot now... but would this not be offensive PI? 

The ridiculous play on that 3rd and long that Lamar got out of, Andrews tipped the ball to Bateman.... Andrews was all over the back of Milano way before the ball ever got there. Seems like offensive PI. 

(tried to highlight the ball with yellow)

ma.JPG

I had to go back and take a pic of this with my phone during the commercial break. I was in SHOCK there were TWO officials right there watching and neither threw a flag. The Ravens held EVERY DAMN PLAY

That looks fine to me because both players have a right to try to catch the football…absolutely massive play by Andrews on that one.  That’s gonna be talked about one of the great Lamar plays rather than a terrible decision because Andrews was able to deflect that ball.  

The hold in the bottom pic was probably the most obvious hold I’ve ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

There doesn't seem to be much talk about how many times Allen ran the ball yesterday (11 times). Usually there is a pretty vocal group when Allen runs that much in a pretty physical game. Is it because his runs yesterday were so essential to winning the game?

Just curious.

If we see him running like that against the Steelers on Sunday, we will be vocal about it again ha.

Allen unleashed is as close to impossible to stop as there is in the NFL. However, the coaches need to pick and choose their spots.  They've clearly realized this when he doesn't run at all in the Titans game.  

This game though, coming off a loss, against a team we may very well be competing against for the 1 seed... I'd rather we have any semblance of a traditional run game, but since we don't.. this was a big win, and they did what they needed in order to get the victory. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They were holding all day…we got away with some too.  In those games where we’re like ‘why is our offensive line invisible’ it’s because the refs are lettin them play on the offensive line 😁

I rewatched, just the highlights im not paying for NFL+, and noticed alot more holding on the Ravens part then the Bills. 

45 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

They knew if they kicked the FG, Allen would just drive it down for a TD.  Their best bet was to go for it, maybe they should have run it instead of having their RB throw it?

He obviously doesn't trust his defense. They did blow a big lead against the Dolphins as well as yesterday. But still you have to get the lead at that point in the game. There was about 4 minutes left. I know the Ravens defense has sucked but he should have let them have the chance to win the game at that point. 

1 hour ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

ill just leave this here.

NotAHold2.jpg

Not saying it shouldnt be called but I see those type of arm bar holds go uncalled all the time.  Not just our team.  Even worse one when the tackle is at the back of the player and still doing an arm bar around the front.  I do not know why these dont get called.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Disappointing how ill informed GMFB was about the end game situation.  

Ravens absolutely did let us score once we got to their 10 yard line.  Singletary had a run where he realized that and went down at the 3 on his own.  Then Allen somehow executed a 2 yard sneak for a first down while making sure he didn't cross the goal line. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, wjag said:

In most of those games he relied on analytics and they have backfired.  Live on the altar of analytics die on the altar..

Did Harbaugh says that this time he used analytics?

Anyway, two comments from my side.

1. If analytics says go for it, you go for it. Math is always right. The only problem is the data you put into it.

2. I really don't get why he is getting so heavily criticized. Even if we don't care what math says (I have no idea in this case), to me it seems like quite an easy decision to go for it. If you get it, you force Allen to march complete field which is twice as hard than to get just a FG. And if you don't, you force Bills to start at their own 2 with no running game.

Decision to go for it wasn't a problem. Lamar just needs to do better than throw an INT. That was the real killer.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

There doesn't seem to be much talk about how many times Allen ran the ball yesterday (11 times). Usually there is a pretty vocal group when Allen runs that much in a pretty physical game. Is it because his runs yesterday were so essential to winning the game?

Just curious.

He didn’t take any unnecessary hits and made more of an effort to slide and get down. That’s all I care about.

Allen running is part of his game, I just don’t need to see him try and bulldoze through defenders for a few extra meaningless yards.

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Disappointing how ill informed GMFB was about the end game situation.  

Ravens absolutely did let us score once we got to their 10 yard line.  Singletary had a run where he realized that and went down at the 3 on his own.  Then Allen somehow executed a 2 yard sneak for a first down while making sure he didn't cross the goal line. 

Agreed. All the talking heads make it sound like the Ravens screwed up, but you can see Devin slow down once he hits the 3 yard line. He was going down whether a Raven was there or not.

38 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Agreed. All the talking heads make it sound like the Ravens screwed up, but you can see Devin slow down once he hits the 3 yard line. He was going down whether a Raven was there or not.

Singletary definitely voluntarily stopped before going into the end zone. He did well.

To then follow it up with the QB sneak for the first down was beautiful. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Singletary definitely voluntarily stopped before going into the end zone. He did well.

The player that tackled Devin said "I didnt even tackle him, he just went down" He was trying to strip the ball, once he touched Devin, Devin dropped.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Yep, Sean made mention of it in his postgame comments. They discussed not scoring during the 2 minute warning.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The first clip brought up another observation yesterday.  Because the game was so close in the 4th, nobody left.  And then when Singletary got the big run a bunch started to stream out.  And then when Josh got the first, a bunch more headed for the parking lots.  And then the 2 consecutive kneel downs, swarms were heading out.  They didn't even stick around to see if Bass missed and the game went into OT.  When the game was over, you could absolutely see how many Bills fans were there.  Answer, plenty.  It was glorious.

I had this Ravens fan sitting behind me and my family all game.  And he was screaming derogatory stuff about the Bills all game and I mean all game long.

"Allen sucks", "Where's Diggs?", "MVP", "Move those chains", "Your defense sucks", etc. 

It was so satisfying to turn around and celebrate in front of him.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

@newcam2012 - know you were asking about ref decisions going against us as you felt the final call was soft. I'm watching the game back and, on our second drive back, we could have easily had a roughing the passer and DPI be given in our favour against Queen and Stephens. This was on the second offensive series, just before we kicked the field goal. A small sample, but shows how decisiosn went against us as well as for.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.