NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I still cant believe Harbaugh didn't kick the FG to take the lead. Who cares as it worked out for the Bills. The INT was "the play" within the play. Got the Bills out to the 20 instead of starting at the 2. This game will most likely get replayed on the NFLN this week. Hopefully 8:00 either Tuesday or Wed night. It always nice to re-watch exciting games especially when the Bills win them.

You take the lead late in the game. Terrible call

• Agree 1

There doesn't seem to be much talk about how many times Allen ran the ball yesterday (11 times). Usually there is a pretty vocal group when Allen runs that much in a pretty physical game. Is it because his runs yesterday were so essential to winning the game?

Just curious.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Now that I've watched Poyer's postgame interview...pretty obvious to me that his injury question dismissal of merely getting "the wind knocked out" of him is TOTAL BS. He definitely either tweaked his previous elbow injury, suffered new shoulder and/or rib damage, or I'm just wrong. His answer in the press conference felt obviously disingenuous. So rushed. 

Big hit, ribs hurt, gets xray, xray is negative; just got the wind knocked out of him.

Seems reasonable to me.

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

There doesn't seem to be much talk about how many times Allen ran the ball yesterday (11 times). Usually there is a pretty vocal group when Allen runs that much in a pretty physical game. Is it because his runs yesterday were so essential to winning the game?

Just curious.

I think on a wet day like that, having a running QB is a real weapon. I just don’t like him running at the end of games that we have already won.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Process said:

Took a peek at the Ravens message board...can't believe how many of their fans are questioning the decision to go for it at the end. 

It was the right decision, not even debatable IMO. 

Can't be results oriented. 

The "pass rush win rate" mentality in a nutshell.

5 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

How is that not called?

NotAHold.jpg

I REMEMBER this play.  I had a perfect view of it from my seats.  It was so far away from the scrum as to be obvious.  And not called..

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Also, Two things I noticed watching the highlights.  Motor is not being used properly and Moss should not see the field, and Josh needs to stop asking for Flags.

Agree Moss should not be on the field.  Josh asking for flags gave us a critical first down.  Josh takes multiple hits to the head every game and they are NEVER called. He took a few yesterday that weren't noticed by the refs. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Agree Moss should not be on the field.  Josh asking for flags gave us a critical first down.  Josh takes multiple hits to the head ever game and they are NEVER called. He took a few yesterday that weren't noticed by the refs. 

I agree, but I dont want him turning into Brady.  Looking for a flag after every bad play.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

A win is a win. We take it.

We were behind 17 points, shut down MVP QB Lamar Jackson in the 2nd half of a game for the 2nd time in his career, to come back to win on the road.

We da real deal Bills.

Our running back core is abysmal though. OMG. There is nothing the coaches and management can do about that at this point. Just air it out. And unfortunately, Josh Allen has to use his legs, too. *shrugs* oh well.

Our defense remains number one in the NFL. That's hot.

It’s not all on the running backs…even when our starters are in on the offensive line we have some of the worst run blocking in the league 

26 minutes ago, nucci said:

You take the lead late in the game. Terrible call

25 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Agreed. Both Dungy and Garrett said they would have kicked the FG on SNF. 

They knew if they kicked the FG, Allen would just drive it down for a TD.  Their best bet was to go for it, maybe they should have run it instead of having their RB throw it?

3 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

They knew if they kicked the FG, Allen would just drive it down for a TD.  Their best bet was to go for it, maybe they should have run it instead of having their RB throw it?

Yea I think harbaugh said his logic was there’s no way they stop josh in 4 down territory…Lamar was in the classic damned if you do damned if you don’t situation.  If he throws the ball away on 4th down it’s a waste of a play because they were turning the ball over on downs if the pass was incomplete anyway but the interception in the end zone was devastating because we got 16 extra yards of field position 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I think harbaugh said his logic was there’s no way they stop josh in 4 down territory…Lamar was in the classic damned if you do damned if you don’t situation.  If he throws the ball away on 4th down it’s a waste of a play because they were turning the ball over on downs if the pass was incomplete anyway but the interception in the end zone was devastating because we got 16 extra yards of field position 

yep, when Poyer intercepted it, first thing I thought was: Great, Better Field Position!

I apologize for the horrible screenshot, may have been brought up and it's moot now... but would this not be offensive PI? 

The ridiculous play on that 3rd and long that Lamar got out of, Andrews tipped the ball to Bateman.... Andrews was all over the back of Milano way before the ball ever got there. Seems like offensive PI. 

(tried to highlight the ball with yellow)

ma.JPG

24 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

How is that not called?

NotAHold.jpg

I had to go back and take a pic of this with my phone during the commercial break. I was in SHOCK there were TWO officials right there watching and neither threw a flag. The Ravens held EVERY DAMN PLAY

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.