NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

5 hours ago, Amorgus said:

I stopped posting because that's a jinx. Holy Christ they had no business winning that after the majority of the first half but here we are.

Why? You’ve never seen a team keep it close, make adjustments and win? You must be new to sports

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Just watching some highlights.  On that pass into the end zone that Poyer intercepted, boy was Shaq Lawson being held by the left tackle...totally uncalled of course.

I feel like I saw blatant uncalled holding against Baltimore on at least 5 or 6 plays.

I was yelling when I saw that! It was horrible, and so visible. Glad Pouer made that play 

5 minutes ago, chongli said:

It's funny--in that last thread above, the Ravens fans are whining they lost the game because of bad officiating. That's a tactic bad teams use.

Pretty easy to say the refs were bad all around.  We just got the last call that mattered.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just watching some highlights.  On that pass into the end zone that Poyer intercepted, boy was Shaq Lawson being held by the left tackle...totally uncalled of course.

I feel like I saw blatant uncalled holding against Baltimore on at least 5 or 6 plays.

You are right. Had the Ravens scored on that play, we would certainly be talking about that blatant holding non call. 

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You are spot on, but, he as one big-ish flaw, he has no plan B when things aren’t working well, jmo.

He did today.  He stopped the bleeding and they shut them down in the second half.  

Actually every game he tweaks and fine tunes the opening defense.  I think he is very adept at it.  Last year, sometimes we didn't match up in the trenches but the editions of Von Miller, Jordan Phillips, Settle, Jones and Lawson have helped a lot.  

This defense at full strength will be even better.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

It was soft as can be. Under those game conditions the refs should have never made that call. Especially, as many have said the Ravens were previously hitting Allen a lot. So much for consistency. 

You seem to be the only one on the Bills board complaining about what was a legitimate call.

Why are you campaigning so hard for such a dumb point that is incorrect.  

You have not made a legitimate point about why it should not have been called, while others have pointed to legitimate reasons it should be called. 

It would be one thing if this was actually a discussion, but it is you railroading a point that is wrong and no one else agreeing with you.  You don’t think it was a penalty- we all know that and quite frankly do not need you to sit and say in 30 more posts that you don’t think the penalty where a defender stopped and saw the ball get thrown and then restarted took an extra step and purposely hit Josh in the upper sternum, neck, and head region - should not have been called.

Just go back to your NE board and root for their 3rd sting QB.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Boger was totally blind back there today. I actually think he called no offensive holds on either team. I saw 2 or 3 clear ones that had a huge impact on the play. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Why? You’ve never seen a team keep it close, make adjustments and win? You must be new to sports

I've seen other teams do it many times. The Bills haven't done it in eons.

Edited by Amorgus
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Amorgus said:

I've seen other teams do it many times. The Bills haven't done it in eons.

Not true. This regime has been good at half time adjustments. Let go of the drought era BILLS. Those days are gone. I have friends that are fans of other NFL teams, he’ll my brother is a 49er fan and my other brother a Fish fan.  They all envy the Bills team, the QB, coach and culture. As a Fan that lives in Canada our perception is different. We see fans of every team around and right now the Bills are the team. I see Allen jerseys all over out here it’s crazy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wjag said:

This play was wild.  

They just said on the Pats broadcast that Romo/Nance will be in Buffalo this week.

One other thing, the clock management at the end of the game was brilliant.  The Ravens fans were livid when they realized what was happening.  Kudos to Dorsey for the last two first downs to salt that game away.

Well they can then ride the plane to KC with the Bills for the following weeks game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I'm usually non a fan of Mumbles' crew but they weren't terrible today. The same play that ended a Bills drive when a Raven went through McKenzie just a beat before the ball arrived without a PI flag, that was a mirror image of Poyer arriving just a hair early later in the game that the Ravens fans are freaking out about. So it was a consistent standard there, what's there to cry about?

For as many times as the Ravens got away with clocking Allen in the head - and they were making a point of it all game, every time they got near him - Allen lobbied to watch for it. And when the guy came in late at the end, Allen made sure the helmet to the chin snapped his head back. Whether it hit hard, hit soft, or missed, it was set up by all the liberties they were taking all game long. It's annoying how the replay shows are taking that one play of context and smacking their lips and going "ahhh I don't know if that's a penalty" as if that happened on a down where the Ravens would otherwise have gotten a stop without the call. It's disingenuous and meant only to stir up the syrup.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

So was Rousseau

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Give specifics because your general statement falls weak here. 

I basically agree with you on the roughing the passer call, I didn't think they would throw the flag for it. By technical rule, it may indeed have been roughing the passer (it it was late; and it's hard to tell from the camera angle where the defender's helmet hit Josh---possibly on the chin), but most often probably not called. Yet, there is also the visual aspect of a db trying to tackle Josh. It just doesn't look very violent because Josh is such a big dude. If it was another, smaller QB it may have looked worse and been called...it just doesn't look as bad when it happens to Josh.

But the real reason for my response is to your post above...to give specifics on the bad calls that went against us. You act as if the roughing the passer call was the only bad call in the game and determined the outcome. There was a lot more going on in this game.

In the first half, the first and second Buffalo offensive drives ended on a third down pass play that both should have been called for PI (the first series was to Knox, the second series was to McKenzie). Those two non-calls stalled Buffalo's first two drives, and they were both obvious...a defender arriving too early and playing through the receiver (not bang/bang plays as they often say). And there was also an obvious roughing the passer call (helmet to helmet hit) on Josh in the first half that wasn't called. There was also the defenseless receiver on McKenzie that wasn't called.

And then to add insult to injury, the major non-holding call right in front of the ref on a Baltimore third down that ended up going for 20+ yards because of no flag. 

To me, in the first half alone, we lost 3 first downs and probably 45+ yards (who knows what that would have equated to in points), and the Ravens were given an extra first down and 30+ yards (20 on the pass play, and should have been -10 for holding) all on bad calls by the refs. Plus the refs were letting the Ravens hold and grab a lot in the first half. They finally started calling the Ravens on it in the second (of course on two plays that we converted the first down anyways and declined the penalties).

In the second half then, we got two calls our way. Poyer should have had a PI that the refs didn't call, and then the roughing the QB call that was a bit of a gift.

So, by my tally (not counting any other possible holding calls for either team), the Ravens still had a 5-2 advantage in bad calls going their way.

Overall, a horrible and inconsistently called game by the refs today, for both teams.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.