NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

What was the raven flippin out about at the end tiwards his own team?  Peters maybe, could be wrong.  I was in a loud place w no game sound.

The consensus is a disagreement.  Some guys wanted to let the Bills score so their offense would have time to try and match it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

Just got back in from the game.  Bills fans swarmed that Baltimore Stadium, There were lots of empty seats.  Shame on you Baltimore

2. Shut them out in second half!!!!!

when you had lost 4 straight home games and blew double digit lead 

fair weather fans 

58 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He barely hit Allen. The Raven defensive player moved his body sideways to soften the hit. He didn't slam him to the ground nor was it a late hit. It was a bad call and even the announcer on TV acknowledged it. Cone on guys let's except the gift. No need to try to justify the terrible refs call. 

I could have easily not hit him at all.   He took a step, slowed down, then took another step and hit him anyway.  Not only did he hit him, he wrapped him up and tackled him.  Earlier in the game Allen took a head hit and talked to the ref about it, he was in their head.   

How many times has this call gone against us?  

Get a clue, stop listening to "announcers", you cannot late hit a QB.  If you do you will get called 9 put of 10 times.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

With such a reckless play as well. If Ricard or Dobbins had taken it up the gut, and failed, our final drive might have started on our own goal line. Instead they surrender the pick and we are on the move right away. 

Yeah, situational football there. Int was the worst thing that could happen. I suspect he didn’t expect Poyer to close like that. Dude is playing lights out. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

What was the raven flippin out about at the end tiwards his own team?  Peters maybe, could be wrong.  I was in a loud place w no game sound.

That was Peters (whom I always thought was a punk).  I was wondering what he was all pissed off about

15 minutes ago, wjag said:

9. Heard Harbaughs explanation for why they eschewed the FG.  Not sure I agree with the decision.

The way he explained it basically threw Lamar Jackson and the coordinator under the bus

The pass play call was terrible 

The thought behind it was solid, the only things you couldn't do is take a huge loss on a sack or throw an int

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I believe that roughing call was legitimate. The Ravens player broke down and stopped when Allen threw it. He then took A free shot at Allen, regardless of how weak it was. Injuries could have happened for absolutely no reason. The defender KNEW Allen threw it and there was no momentum carrying him forward. He chose to grab Allen and take him to the ground for no reason.

The only bad call was the non call for interference.

The guy could have let up. I understand about incident contact and in fact I'm often ok with taking the 15 in the right spot because I want a QB off his mark.

Defender knew what he was doing. 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Baltimore milked that clock all game continually snapping inside 5 seconds on the play clock, didn’t work out wasting all that time 

I wonder if they regret that now

11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I could have easily not hit him at all.   He took a step, slowed down, then took another step and hit him anyway.  Not only did he hit him, he wrapped him up and tackled him.  Earlier in the game Allen took a head hit and talked to the ref about it, he was in their head.   

How many times has this call gone against us?  

Get clue, stop listening to "announcers", you cannot late hit a QB.  If you do you will get called 9 put of 10 times.  

Yep. It was also like the 3rd or 4th time in the game though none had been flagged. It also was totally unnecessary by the defensive player and I think that’s why they finally threw the hanky. The ball was long gone and he saw it. On the heels of Tua I’m not surprised. Bills have been burned on lots of those so I’ll take it. It was also first down, not a 3rd and 25 or something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So Harbaughs explanation was interesting.  He said taking the FG there would expose his defense to 4 down territory all the way down the field.  If they don't make it, they leave Buffalo at the 1 yard line.  That's the beauty of analytics as they don't properly weight turnovers and MOMENTUM.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought the RtP was a little weak but they missed one on the sack earlier when the player went low and another player hit Allen's helmet. I think this was sloppy from the officals. Some very noticable holding from the Ravens OLine and Bills OLine were not called. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

So Harbaughs explanation was interesting.  He said taking the FG there would expose his defense to 4 down territory all the way down the field.  If they don't make it, they leave Buffalo at the 1 yard line.  That's the beauty of analytics as they don't properly weight a turnovers and MOMENTUM.

I'd say he'd of rather turned it over on downs than have Lamar throw that pick.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

So Harbaughs explanation was interesting.  He said taking the FG there would expose his defense to 4 down territory all the way down the field.  If they don't make it, they leave Buffalo at the 1 yard line.  That's the beauty of analytics as they don't properly weight a turnovers and MOMENTUM.

Or the fact he essentially told his defense he didn't trust them to hold the 3 point lead.  

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

So Harbaughs explanation was interesting.  He said taking the FG there would expose his defense to 4 down territory all the way down the field.  If they don't make it, they leave Buffalo at the 1 yard line.  That's the beauty of analytics as they don't properly weight turnovers and MOMENTUM.

I understand what he’s saying, but they were outside the 2 yard line, so it wasn’t 4th and inches. Take the lead in the game with 4 minutes left.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.