NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I've seen the replay plenty of times. It's not a penalty in my eyes. Nor was it for the announcer calling the game. So I think your 10 out of 10 theme is way off. 

Will you give it a rest already? We get it, you think it was a soft call. Fine. Do you have to hijack the entire thread about one soft call? Get on a conference call with FilthyBeast and Gene and you guys can all come up with why we will lose next weeks game to Prickett and the Steelers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

44 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I've seen the replay plenty of times. It's not a penalty in my eyes. Nor was it for the announcer calling the game. So I think your 10 out of 10 theme is way off. 

Dude. You need to stop talking about this. It’s absolutely ridiculous. You’re talking like this was absolutely the reason they won.

Again, for the 100th time, calls are subjective. Maybe this was soft, but get over it (can’t believe I’m saying that to a Bills fan(?)).  The Bills get screwed plenty. Calls go both ways. It’s done. The Bills mounted a great comeback and deserved that win. 

For someone who’s ‘elated’ that the Bills won, it’s blowing my mind that you’ve made 20+ posts about a ‘bad’ call that was made against the Ravens. 

Kind of pathetic. 

Edited by Playoffs?
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

How many drops did Buffalo receivers have?  It seems like the wet conditions bothered the Bills receivers a lot more than it did Baltimore receivers.  I think Josh's stats took a major hit from the drops.

Half a dozen, at least.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

And the Ravens first pressure of the game smacked Allen directly in the helmet. No call. McKenzie hit. No call. Especially when compared to the defenseless receiver call against us last week against Miami. 

Calls are made and missed on virtually every play. You're just focusing on this because it fits your narrative of finding something negative to complain about. 

Did the penalty matter? Sure. If it wasn't called would we have still won? Maybe. If the 1000 other random missed calls happen do the results of many other games change? Probably. 

Enjoy the win. If you're "elated" about the win like you said maybe you should stop focusing on the random bull#### and just enjoy the win. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Harbaugh getting killed for not kicking the FG in the halftime report....like the Bills didn't drive it down to the 1 with 3 downs to get it in at the end of the game.

Yeah broadcasters just don’t get it and let the outcome of the play/game dictate whether or not it was the right call. So irritating. I should have tried to get into the business of NFL commentary!

Harbaugh explained everything right. Worst case was supposed to be the Bills backed up at their own 2. He just has to use the word “analytics” to get these guys all riled up lol.

It still looks to me like Lamar had a TD if he looked at Mike Davis but running backwards and throwing off your back foot into the end zone for a pick just can’t happen there. 

3 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

How many drops did Buffalo receivers have?  It seems like the wet conditions bothered the Bills receivers a lot more than it did Baltimore receivers.  I think Josh's stats took a major hit from the drops.

That’s why stats are partly BS, especially if looked at as a small sample size. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

At least 5 or 6 and probably more. As for Allen's stats - who cares - the only stat that mattered was the W and Allen was a key reason that the Bills gutted this win out.

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree 100%. All I'm saying is that roughing the passer call was a terrible call. So many have been disagreeing with that. 

I'm not here saying refs don't make mistakes. 

I happen to think that call was a HUGE call. Perhaps a game changer. One will never know for obvious reasons. 2 and 15 at the 41 vs 1st and 10 at the 26. That's HUGE in my book under the circumstances. 

And the refs missed an obvious roughing the passer call on the Bills 2nd drive that ended in a FG.

• Like (+1) 2

The AfterGlow

1. Just got back in from the game.  Bills fans swarmed that Baltimore Stadium, There were lots of empty seats.  Shame on you Baltimore

2. Shut them out in second half!!!!!

3. Poyer with the play of the game

4. What a rough start, but that drive to end the first was huge.

5. Seemed to me as the weather worsened, it was harder on Baltimore than Buffalo

6. Surprised the passing game struggled so much

7. Same old run game.  Just struggles to open up real holes

8. Down two more WRs.  The injuries on this team, sheesh

9. Heard Harbaughs explanation for why they eschewed the FG.  Not sure I agree with the decision.

10. How the f! did NYJ beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh?

11. Big time tie breaker on a likely division winner.

12. 3-1 sure looks better than 2-2

13. Bring on Pickens.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Just now, Lagoon Blues said:

What was the raven flippin out about at the end tiwards his own team?  Peters maybe, could be wrong.  I was in a loud place w no game sound.

They were trying to let the Bills score to get the ball back with time but apparently someone didn't get the message and tackled motor.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.