NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

It was soft as can be. Under those game conditions the refs should have never made that call. Especially, as many have said the Ravens were previously hitting Allen a lot. So much for consistency. 

If the refs miss 5 calls and then finally make the 6th, are you gonna complain about the call they didn't miss?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

It was soft as can be. Under those game conditions the refs should have never made that call. Especially, as many have said the Ravens were previously hitting Allen a lot. So much for consistency. 

boohoo.  The Bills won.  Sorry that upsets you.  Move on to next week where you predict the Steelers will win based off last year.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Does giving up 23 to Buffalo (with 2 turnovers) really warrant a DC firing? Seems extreme.

When it's a repeated offense, the case can be made.  Had the huge comeback loss to Miami, then today's comeback.  Statistically, I believe I saw they are ranked 32nd overall.  Let's just say if they aren't considering canning him, he's probably not getting a nice Christmas bonus this year.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I didnt watch the game just seen the headline.  Wasnt the score still close at that point?

Depend on 'close', but had they put him in earlier they might not ever have been down 10-0

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

I'm wondering how long trubisky is going to hold on to his job

I'd guess it's already lost. 

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree 100%. All I'm saying is that roughing the passer call was a terrible call. So many have been disagreeing with that. 

I'm not here saying refs don't make mistakes. 

I happen to think that call was a HUGE call. Perhaps a game changer. One will never know for obvious reasons. 2 and 15 at the 41 vs 1st and 10 at the 26. That's HUGE in my book under the circumstances. 

I don’t think 2nd and 15 is close to insurmountable…especially considering we picked up that 2nd and 25 after Allen’s junk got grabbed in the dolphins game. it was fringe fg range also.  

if we didn’t pick up a chunk on second we probably pick up a few yards on third and go up 3 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yep, teams are scared of the Bills. Remember all the stupid decisions from the colts in the playoffs.

was also surprised they went for it on 4th and one on their own 30. 

With such a reckless play as well. If Ricard or Dobbins had taken it up the gut, and failed, our final drive might have started on our own goal line. Instead they surrender the pick and we are on the move right away. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You can't hesitate and then hit a QB high after the ball is gone.  That is called 10 out of 10 times if it's QB's like Brady or Rodgers.  We finally got one to go our way for once.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think 2nd and 15 is close to insurmountable…especially considering we picked up that 2nd and 25 after Allen’s junk got grabbed in the dolphins game. it was fringe fg range also.  

I agree here. Definelty was doable the way Allen was playing. However, the Ravens were bringing lots of pressure. I'm glad the Bills caught a break from the refs. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

You can't hesitate and then hit a QB high after the ball is gone.  That is called 10 out of 10 times if it's QB's like Brady or Rodgers.  We finally got one to go our way for once.

I've seen the replay plenty of times. It's not a penalty in my eyes. Nor was it for the announcer calling the game. So I think your 10 out of 10 theme is way off. 

• Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I've seen the replay plenty of times. It's not a penalty in my eyes. Nor was it for the announcer calling the game. So I think your 10 out of 10 theme is way off. 

The ball was gone.  The defender hesitated, and then, even though the ball was gone, engaged and hit John high and knocked him down.

If you don't think that gets called against Brady or Rodgers, let's just say I've seen both of them get calls nowhere near what this was.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.