NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

46 minutes ago, Big C said:

Totally. I think it’s telling that they weren’t able to agree on any extension before the season started, though. Poyer has been underpaid based on his performance here and he probably wants a little thanks from the Bills. 

He was overpaid his first few years with the Bills though. McDermott took him from obscurity and turned him into an all-pro and he's been paid handsomely for his services. I'd love to keep him but it's likely he wouldn't have the same impact in any other scheme and he's nearing the end of his career so he doesn't have a lot of leverage. His hiring of Rosenhaus says he thinks he can cash in another big contract but I think any other team would be disappointed in their investment if he gets exactly what he wants.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Listen... You can B word about that penalty all you want.  You are the same guy that would come in and criticize fans for complaining about refs.  here you are complaining about a legit call.  Lets just say that the call isnt legit though... it wouldnt have mattered.  That call was on a first down from the Ravens 41 yardline.  The outcome would have been no different, call or no call.

You don't know what the outcome would have been nor do I. 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He barely hit Allen. The Raven defensive player moved his body sideways to soften the hit. He didn't slam him to the ground nor was it a late hit. It was a bad call and even the announcer on TV acknowledged it. Cone on guys let's except the gift. No need to try to justify the terrible refs call. 

Looked to me like he paused to line up his helmet to Josh's face mask, which the Ravens were doing all game, and Josh had been telling the refs to watch for it. Well they finally saw it. Sucks to be cheap, Ravens.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

McKenzie's injury? How many times did Josh end up with unreasonable late head-to-head contact? Sorry I can't remember the specific down for each occurence but there were a few.

Oh I agree the McKenzie hit was a penalty. I didn't really see Allen getting roughed up that would be penalties. However, many here in game time were complaining. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He barely hit Allen. The Raven defensive player moved his body sideways to soften the hit. He didn't slam him to the ground nor was it a late hit. It was a bad call and even the announcer on TV acknowledged it. Cone on guys let's except the gift. No need to try to justify the terrible refs call. 

Too funny.  He did not slam him to the ground because Josh Allen is 40 pounds heavier and 6 inches taller, combined with the fact that he stopped to watch the ball and then continued on, sapping his momentum. Obvious penalty.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You don't know what the outcome would have been nor do I. 

It would have been 2nd and 15 from the 41 yardline.  The Bills drove to the half yard line.  Yes, I know what the outcome woulda been.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Oh I agree the McKenzie hit was a penalty. I didn't really see Allen getting roughed up that would be penalties. However, many here in game time were complaining. 

I'll have to watch back to judge them in full but a lot looked late. Plus I think the Ravens D are very good at sneaky holds away from the ref's eyeline but that could be argued as good play, even if they should be given as penalties.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Who are you man?  Almost seems like you’re upset the Bills won.

Every single game refs miss calls. Today was no exception. Sometimes it goes in your favor. Sometimes it doesn’t. It tends to even out in the end. 

Agree 100%. All I'm saying is that roughing the passer call was a terrible call. So many have been disagreeing with that. 

I'm not here saying refs don't make mistakes. 

I happen to think that call was a HUGE call. Perhaps a game changer. One will never know for obvious reasons. 2 and 15 at the 41 vs 1st and 10 at the 26. That's HUGE in my book under the circumstances. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I’m not sure they called it for helmet to helmet…we’ll probably get an explanation tomorrow.  I think they called it cuz the defender completely stopped then josh got rid of the ball and they hit him anyway 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Too funny.  He did not slam him to the ground because Josh Allen is 40 pounds heavier and 6 inches taller, combined with the fact that he stopped to watch the ball and then continued on, sapping his momentum. Obvious penalty.  

It was soft as can be. Under those game conditions the refs should have never made that call. Especially, as many have said the Ravens were previously hitting Allen a lot. So much for consistency. 

• Vomit 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.