NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

A soft call like that in the last few minutes of the game is inexcusable. Imagine if the shoes were reversed. We'd be livid! 

Pllllease. There were missed or poor calls all game (on both sides.. and the Ravens had their share of no-calls). And while that RTP call HELPED, it was also not the reason the Bills won. It’s not like a bad PI in the end zone on the last play of the game (or something like that).  

The Ravens have a million more things to be upset about before a questionable RTP call!

Edited by Playoffs?
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Give specifics because your general statement falls weak here. 

McKenzie's injury? How many times did Josh end up with unreasonable late head-to-head contact? Sorry I can't remember the specific down for each occurence but there were a few.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

He barely hit Allen. The Raven defensive player moved his body sideways to soften the hit. He didn't slam him to the ground nor was it a late hit. It was a bad call and even the announcer on TV acknowledged it. Cone on guys let's except the gift. No need to try to justify the terrible refs call. 

I disagree he hit him in the head a bit. Secondly how many times has Josh been hit late or low or in head with no call? So for once he got the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully the BRADY rule will now start applying to him!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Fine, then get him a big bodied receiver like AJ Brown to go over the middle. Right now, it's easy to jam Andrews and cover their scrub receivers. He's athletic enough to make up the difference for the most part, but Lamar can't do everything. 

They already have two guys plus the RBs that go over the middle.  How many people you going to throw in the middle?  This is why Lamar isnt going to win a SB.  He is always going to run into a team that can take away Andrews and the middle and contain him.  They have lost almost every game that has happened in.  It isnt because they dont have receivers.  Its because he isnt a good pocket passer.  He has a nice ball to a certain area of the field and thats it.  They win a lot of games because he is so athletic most teams cant contain him.  

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

These things all even out.

How about the no-calls on "hit to a defenseless receiver" in back-to-back weeks against the Bills -- to Dawson Knox last week and McKenzie this week. Both should've been worth 15 yards.

Blaming a loss on the refs is chump *****. Maybe Ravens fans should be upset that their team couldn't score a single second half point or that they gave up 20 unanswered to the Bills.

Agree but how many of us blame the refs every game? 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Oh I agree but that doesn't ease the Raven fans pain or make the refs decision correct. 

Nope. Allen was calling for flags all game and they gave him that one. 

Refs make bad calls. I wish they didn’t but it’s part of the game . Not why Baltimore lost.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, LondonBill said:

Also, Shakir looks legit.

Good to see preseason Shakir enter the regular season at last.

I must admit I'm a little sad that the streak is over. No, not that one... the 20 straight double-digit wins.

• Like (+1) 3

Probably been said on board here, forgive my laziness for not looking through all the comments.

That ending today was kind of Fred Jackson like against NE where touchdown called back down at the 1 & Bills just killed clock by kneel downs to kick FG.

Singletary possibly going down on purpose at the 1.

That was a way bigger monkey off our back than today. It was kind of like we could laugh at the Patriots for a minute plus until exterminating then 🙂

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If the ravens player doesn't wrap his arms around Allen I don't think it gets called.

If he just kind of ran through making an attempt to avoid him it doesn't get called

Really no reason he needed to wrap up which is why it was called in my opinion 

Agreed,  but I think the hesitation got him, too.  At that point,  he had his momentum under control. There's no need to take another step or two into the QB.  He might still have gotten away with it had he raised his hands into the contact and acted like it was accidental,  but wrapping up sealed it.  Easy call, IMO, and one that probably gets called more often than not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Give specifics because your general statement falls weak here. 

Listen... You can B word about that penalty all you want.  You are the same guy that would come in and criticize fans for complaining about refs.  here you are complaining about a legit call.  Lets just say that the call isnt legit though... it wouldnt have mattered.  That call was on a first down from the Ravens 41 yardline.  The outcome would have been no different, call or no call.

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It would have been 2nd and 15. Hard to say what would have happened if their was no penalty call. We know the call absolutely helped the Bills! 

Who are you man?  Almost seems like you’re upset the Bills won.

Every single game refs miss calls. Today was no exception. Sometimes it goes in your favor. Sometimes it doesn’t. It tends to even out in the end. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

I agree with them. The way we were playing, and based on our record in close games, a FG lead would have been almost insurmountable. 

The pressure would have been on. We would have passed on all of our remaining plays until we were in FG range making us one dimensional and predictable. Josh would have forced things he shouldn’t. And besides, short of an INT by us, we would have been starting the drive way inside our territory. 

Except it wasn’t insurmountable.   The Bills drove to the one yard line with a first down and time enough for a full series of plays.   Harbaugh weighed the odds of scoring a TD against the odds of being tied with the Bills pinned inside their five, up three with the Bills starting at the 25, or up seven with the Bills starting at their 25.  He liked up seven or pinned inside the five.    As Yolo said, it was the interception and tied with the Bills at the 20 calculus he failed at.   It’s Buffalo  - you take the kill shot.

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Who are you man?  Almost seems like you’re upset the Bills won.

Every single game refs miss calls. Today was no exception. Sometimes it goes in your favor. Sometimes it doesn’t. It tends to even out in the end. 

I agree. No I am elated the Bills won. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Ooof. Gotta be the DC already?  I cant see them firing Roman.  He is the perfect OC for that QB.

Would have thought so. They had a 21 point lead over the Dolphins in week two and lost; a 17 point lead over us today and lost, both at home.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Great win.  Come from behind on the road in bad weather against a good team and an elite player (Lamar). 

Winning a one score game feels great and they did it right, leaving no chance for the Raven to come back. 

I counted 10 drops today:  Knox (1 that was intercepted), Crowder was dreadful (4), Motor (1), Diggs (1), Davis (2), Cook (1).  I also counted 4 tipped balls, the one that Knox missed was the interception.  

On the positive side was Josh's game management and his critical plays (especially the key runs), and the defense in the 2nd half.  Shakir looked good in his first game - 2 catches and YAC, plus some key blocks.   I think Motor made some big plays despite the fumble.  

Game balls to Poyer and Josh.  

Down 20-3 and we win 23-3.  

We come back home and get ready for the Stillers who befuddled us last year.  This time will be different.  

What was the score again? 😛

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.