NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

The BEST thing is... I did that reverse psychology bet thing and bet on the Ravens (since many of us Bills fans are convinced that we bring bad luck to the team), but I got in the line when it was Bills -3.5 before it went down to -3 where it was for the majority of the week, so Bills win AND I won.  Love it.  

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats based on his skill set. He has never been a good passer to the boundries.  They had and still do have solid receivers on that team.  Even Sammy Watkins couldnt get the ball on that team.

Plus they give him Greg Roman as an OC

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And he's done very well in it, but they don't want to pay him for some reason

Jackson 100% deserves better than the Ravens 

How so?  By getting him star outside receivers?  Lamar isnt good at throwing to the boundries.  He just isnt.  Star outside receivers isnt going to do that team much good.  Maybe another TE as good as Andrews but those arent easy to find.  They are either going to give Lamar a huge contract like Watson because he seems unwilling to take any less and that team will fall apart in the talent department or Lamar will be on another team that isnt built for his skillset with an OC that doesnt have plays designed for his skillset like Roman is.  The dude is not a pocket passing QB.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

These things all even out.

How about the no-calls on "hit to a defenseless receiver" in back-to-back weeks against the Bills -- to Dawson Knox last week and McKenzie this week. Both should've been worth 15 yards.

Blaming a loss on the refs is chump *****. Maybe Ravens fans should be upset that their team couldn't score a single second half point or that they gave up 20 unanswered to the Bills.

Bulldog on wgr made a good point about the roughing the passer - it came on first down. It wasnt 3rd or 4th down. Had it been 3rd or 4th down, I think it would've been a little more ticky tack.

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

A soft call like that in the last few minutes of the game is inexcusable. Imagine if the shoes were reversed. We'd be livid! 

If the ravens player doesn't wrap his arms around Allen I don't think it gets called.

If he just kind of ran through making an attempt to avoid him it doesn't get called

Really no reason he needed to wrap up which is why it was called in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Looks like Picket might get the start. Not sure if that's good or bad. Either way the Bills should win but we know how that goes. 

Bet the Bills and give up whaetver points they're favored by, probably 14?  Frasier destroys rookie QB's

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Oh I agree but that doesn't ease the Raven fans pain or make the refs decision correct. 

But again...if they want to be salty, they should be salty that their team couldn't score a single second half point or stop the Bills from scoring 20 unanswered.

Blaming the refs is for losers.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

I watch a lot of rugby over here. And the South African world champions are accused of this exact thing. But they just say that their  Plan B is to execute Plan A better.  lol

I can see that, but, being that the Bills haven’t been world champions…, a plan B would be something to give consideration to…, again, jmo.lol,

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It wasn't soft, the rusher stopped and charged again. It was clear as day.

He barely hit Allen. The Raven defensive player moved his body sideways to soften the hit. He didn't slam him to the ground nor was it a late hit. It was a bad call and even the announcer on TV acknowledged it. Cone on guys let's except the gift. No need to try to justify the terrible refs call. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Still it was a first down play though in a tie game with plenty of time left for either team to win it..  people are talkin like that was a 3rd down play 

It would have been 2nd and 15. Hard to say what would have happened if their was no penalty call. We know the call absolutely helped the Bills! 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.