NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

42 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

People aren't going to whine and complain to their family/friends 

My wife may disagree on this point

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Not you particularly, yea it was a bad half of ball, but the posters calling for the coaches to be fired, JA sucks and so on. Wish they would just STFU and try to be positive. These BIlls want to win as much as we want them too. That is enough for me to give them some slack during the game, we don’t have players that are just cashing in. Some posters called them soft, shove the soft where the Sun don’t shine!

First half felt like the minds of everyone on the team were somewhere but on the field today.  Not sure why that's what it seemed like, but they didn't give me a sense they came ready to play.  

The fact they were able to regroup, make the adjustments, and start holding onto the ball shows that as easy as it is to write them off after a bad half, they only went to the half down 10 and people shouldn't overreact.  If you didn't see the score but saw how they played, you'd have sworn they should be down by 3 TDs. They did what they needed to do to pullout the W today in some not so nice weather.  Hats off to them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats based on his skill set. He has never been a good passer to the boundries.  They had and still do have solid receivers on that team.  Even Sammy Watkins couldnt get the ball on that team.

Fine, then get him a big bodied receiver like AJ Brown to go over the middle. Right now, it's easy to jam Andrews and cover their scrub receivers. He's athletic enough to make up the difference for the most part, but Lamar can't do everything. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

First half felt like the minds of everyone on the team were somewhere but on the field today.  Not sure why that's what it seemed like, but they didn't give me a sense they came ready to play.  

The fact they were able to regroup, make the adjustments, and start holding onto the ball shows that as easy as it is to write them off after a bad half, they only went to the half down 10 and people shouldn't overreact.  If you didn't see the score but saw how they played, you'd have sworn they should be down by 3 TDs. They did what they needed to do to pullout the W today in some not so nice weather.  Hats off to them.

I told my wife this could either be the Colts game or the Bucs game at halftime.  Luckily we got the Bucs game and FINISHED this time.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ravens fans complaining about the roughing passer. I read some tweet’s calling Allen the NFL’s princess. 😂

I love it. This is how teams sounded playing Brady. Sure it was a soft call. Oh well. 

A soft call like that in the last few minutes of the game is inexcusable. Imagine if the shoes were reversed. We'd be livid! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Looks like Picket might get the start. Not sure if that's good or bad. Either way the Bills should win but we know how that goes. 

Steelers seem to be one of those team that always gives us fits for some reason. Here's hoping the Bills get off to a better start next week so we don't need dramatic comeback wins.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Not you particularly, yea it was a bad half of ball, but the posters calling for the coaches to be fired, JA sucks and so on. Wish they would just STFU and try to be positive. These BIlls want to win as much as we want them too. That is enough for me to give them some slack during the game, we don’t have players that are just cashing in. Some posters called them soft, shove the soft where the Sun don’t shine!

Try not to take anything in the game thread seriously.  It is a moronathon every week.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

A soft call like that in the last few minutes of the game is inexcusable. Imagine if the shoes were reversed. We'd be livid! 

Still it was a first down play though in a tie game with plenty of time left for either team to win it..  people are talkin like that was a 3rd down play 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

These things all even out.

How about the no-calls on "hit to a defenseless receiver" in back-to-back weeks against the Bills -- to Dawson Knox last week and McKenzie this week. Both should've been worth 15 yards.

Blaming a loss on the refs is chump *****. Maybe Ravens fans should be upset that their team couldn't score a single second half point or that they gave up 20 unanswered to the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Big win - didn't see it coming. That first quarter was so bad, and when we went 3 and out with about 2-3 minutes left at the end of the first I thought we were toast. At that point, with the way things were going, it felt like Ravens would score before HT and on their first possession of the 2nd half too.

So going in at 10-20 instead of 3-27 was absolutely huge, and I think that had the effect of both galvanizing the Bills and making the Ravens creak. We'd played so badly and yet we only had a 10 point deficit. 

2nd half was so good comparatively - although still felt the Bills were some way off their absolute best. 

Poyer - there was a thread the other day about not paying the guy when his contract's up, and it may well be the right move. But my word I love that guy. his knack of being in exactly the right place at the right time is just uncanny. The ground he had to make up for that 2nd INT - had no right to get there.

And as for Josh.....running out of superlatives. Massive for him to have a big come-back win. Kept his head so well and some unbelievable plays. 

Shakir promising too!

Huge win. HUGE.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.