NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

Anyone know why Ravens Peters was all jacked up on the sidelines at the end?

I *think* there was some disagreement regarding their strategy at the end of the game. Perhaps they were trying to let us score and Peter’s didn’t like that? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

This really SUCKS that we messed up the whole “we can’t win close games” theory.   

Just take the other side.   It’s been TWO WEEKS since we’ve blown anyone out.   Also, we’ve not won by more than three points for one game in a row, now.

I followed that close game conversation for quite some time.   Maybe i’m an optimist, but I’d say “No one wins every game, but the Bills blow people out more than anyone.   A few times, teams beat the Bills, but they never crush or bury them like the Bills do when they win.   There are days when it’s just not your day, and still the Bills are close.”

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Why, because they didnt offer him a Watson contract?  They have treated him well there.  They built they entire offense around his skillset.

And he's done very well in it, but they don't want to pay him for some reason

Jackson 100% deserves better than the Ravens 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I called the first half embarrassing outside of the score right before the half and I think the players would probably agree with me.  They showed real guts though when they could've just rolled over and played a hell of a second half on both sides of the ball and should be proud.

Not you particularly, yea it was a bad half of ball, but the posters calling for the coaches to be fired, JA sucks and so on. Wish they would just STFU and try to be positive. These BIlls want to win as much as we want them too. That is enough for me to give them some slack during the game, we don’t have players that are just cashing in. Some posters called them soft, shove the soft where the Sun don’t shine!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Last season he was basically a no show for the first half of last season… when he got more playing time he’d flash and then disappear and repeat…. Week 18 of last season was probably the worst game of his career… he then had the best game of his career against KC two weeks later.

At this point in this career you don’t know what your going to get from him nor can you rely on him.

I disagree.  I think he is a solid #2

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Why, because they didnt offer him a Watson contract?  They have treated him well there.  They built they entire offense around his skillset.

They’ve given him zero weapons apart from Andrews and their playcalling is atrocious. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

They’ve given him zero weapons apart from Andrews and their playcalling is atrocious. 

Thats based on his skill set. He has never been a good passer to the boundries.  They had and still do have solid receivers on that team.  Even Sammy Watkins couldnt get the ball on that team.

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Anyone know why Ravens Peters was all jacked up on the sidelines at the end?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Looked like a couple guys on Ravens defense missed the let them score call

Could just be the same reason as Dorsey last week, losing a close one like that hurts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Just take the other side.   It’s been TWO WEEKS since we’ve blown anyone out.   Also, we’ve not won by more than three points for one game in a row, now.

I followed that close game conversation for quite some time.   Maybe i’m an optimist, but I’d say “No one wins every game, but the Bills blow people out more than anyone.   A few times, teams beat the Bills, but they never crush or bury them like the Bills do when they win.   There are days when it’s just not your day, and still the Bills are close.”

I honestly thought we were being blown out today, until the final offensive drive of the first half.

3 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Where are the haters from the game thread? Man, we have some sorry as posters on this forum. McDermott sucks, Fraizer sucks, Pegulas suck, RB’s suck, defense sucks, Edmonds sucks, did I miss anyone?

Elam had a GREAT game, Milano absolutely beast mode, great coaching. Motor had a great 2nd half. Defense was outstanding! Shakir looks promising and JA is the best QB in the NFL! Nice win when we were not at our best.

I'm not a hater whatever that means. I know I was very upset at the Bills play. I wasn't kind to a lot of the players performance. Does that make me a hater? 

That was one heckava comeback. The players and coaches deserve credit for their adjustments, fight, and execution. 

This can be a nice building block. The Bills will need to play better in the future. Some concerns on both sides of the ball. For now, I just wanna enjoy this win. It as nerve wrecking and euphoric when Bass hit that FG. 

• Eyeroll 1

I just hope that for all the flak McDermott gets about clock management and game management, people give him his due for today's end-of-game sequence.

I would have preferred they called the timeout with a little more time left on the clock on third down just in case the snap didn't get off cleanly or something, but other than that, absolutely masterful job at clock management.

Gotta think today's win will do wonders for this team's confidence.

Soon, they'll have big Ed and Tre back, and then it's clobberin' time.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

And he's done very well in it, but they don't want to pay him for some reason

Jackson 100% deserves better than the Ravens 

Yes/No he's in an offense that plays to his strengths. I fear if he goes elsewhere with a big contract that teams will ask him to pass 25-30x a game which is not a winning formula.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are spot on, but, he as one big-ish flaw, he has no plan B when things aren’t working well, jmo.

I watch a lot of rugby over here. And the South African world champions are accused of this exact thing. But they just say that their  Plan B is to execute Plan A better.  lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.