NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Great win.  Come from behind on the road in bad weather against a good team and an elite player (Lamar). 

Winning a one score game feels great and they did it right, leaving no chance for the Raven to come back. 

I counted 10 drops today:  Knox (1 that was intercepted), Crowder was dreadful (4), Motor (1), Diggs (1), Davis (2), Cook (1).  I also counted 4 tipped balls, the one that Knox missed was the interception.  

On the positive side was Josh's game management and his critical plays (especially the key runs), and the defense in the 2nd half.  Shakir looked good in his first game - 2 catches and YAC, plus some key blocks.   I think Motor made some big plays despite the fumble.  

Game balls to Poyer and Josh.  

Down 20-3 and we win 23-20.  

We come back home and get ready for the Stillers who befuddled us last year.  This time will be different.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Huge win, the Bills did get a little help from the refs but after the lack of calls last week things tend to even out. This looked like it was going to be an ugly 3-4 possession loss and the defense really is majorly responsible for the win but the offense had a great end to the first half and came out swinging to get the game tied and even despite some stalling in the 4th quarter they got the clutch drive.

It made up for the shot he took in the first half.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, vincec said:

If they don’t activate Hodgins this week then they might as well cut him. 😂

I guess they could also activate Austin??

BTW where was Gilliam today?  I thoiught he played great vs Miami and didn't see him at all today

“That is a Super Bowl caliber win.  Everything goes wrong and they still find a way“

THIS! ✔️👍

Let’s face it. The Bills we’re doing almost everything wrong in the First Half, until that late TD. Gave them and us hope.

But following the comeback to 20s, the Goal Line stand at the end was the SB caliber set of Defensive Downs. I agreed with Harbaugh’s decision. They aren’t playing the 2013 Bills.  

# 17 is at the controls! And you need a TD to counteract that. I like HC BOTH decisions at the end. Harbaugh didn’t impart the word properly and early enough to allow the TD.

As for McClapper? He has redone ‘13 seconds’ 1000x! And he was never, ever gonna screw that up again! ✔️ Kudos to him.

The real key, having FUBARed a W last week is to make certain you Gran this one, which was no easy task.

The early goal is to be 5-2 or better post Packers. I expect them to win easily next week at Home. The next big one is obviously @ KC.

Win that one and the Bills have the talent to finish 16-1, with all the stiffs and chokers on the back half!

YUUUUGE W today! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Where are the haters from the game thread? Man, we have some sorry as posters on this forum. McDermott sucks, Fraizer sucks, Pegulas suck, RB’s suck, defense sucks, Edmonds sucks, did I miss anyone?

Elam had a GREAT game, Milano absolutely beast mode, great coaching. Motor had a great 2nd half. Defense was outstanding! Shakir looks promising and JA is the best QB in the NFL! Nice win when we were not at our best.

I called the first half embarrassing outside of the score right before the half and I think the players would probably agree with me.  They showed real guts though when they could've just rolled over and played a hell of a second half on both sides of the ball and should be proud.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

He doesn't get much love really. But I'm a massive Leslie Fraser fan. I like the man as a person, and I like his work. 13 seconds aside, he's a great D coach IMHO. I don't expect everyone to agree but I just think he's a boss. 

You are spot on, but, he as one big-ish flaw, he has no plan B when things aren’t working well, jmo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Kudos to the coaches for a masterful clock management at the end of the game. Also, we got the close game monkey off our backs.

Tremaine played another strong game. Milano played out of his mind. Kinda rough game plans on both sides of the ball coming in. Good adjustments in-game and everything was clicking by the end.

All the way around, a good way to finish the game out.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

5 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

He’s always come across as classy to me. 

He's always been a good player, the knock on him was being an average passer, he's gotten better at that, he's going to be a pain in the ass, but seems like a class act.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.