NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

His description of when a receiver becomes a runner was quite stunning.  Am I wrong on this? 

That was a clear penalty. Listening to that clown on why that wasn't a penalty pissed me off but made me laugh at the same time. 

How could someone be that stupid and be able to talk to Millions of viewers?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Harbaugh went for it instead of taking the 3 out of fear of the certainty of Allen scoring a TD on the next drive. Clear as day. 

Yep. And again, if you’re the QB on that play, the only thing you absolutely can’t do is throw a pick. Starting at the 20 and not the 2 is a big deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Shakir has 100% earned more snaps. He shows more than Crowder. 

Im still sick of Moss. Putting him on the field is a huge sign to the defense that we are running up the gut. 

Crowder had at least 2 drops.  Not good.  Gotta give Shakir more playing time for sure.

Just now, TheCockSportif said:

... who can't run.  Seriously, this team is good, but their flaws are on display.  Want to win a SB?  Gotta correct them.

Do not have the road grader types to open holes.  It has to be quick hitting runs and many of the running plays are too slow in developing.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Looks like Shakir is going to get a real shot then.  I hope he has good hands on punt returns.

I remember thinking that what I saw from him in preseason was he has hand of glue. I think he'll be fine. Where his game needs to grow is blocking. I think he's a diamond in the rough

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Crowder had at least 2 drops.  Not good.  Gotta give Shakir more playing time for sure.

Yes, I don't think that Crowder is any good.  That and the lack of ability to execute running plays with regularity is a concern.  Is Moss running through deep water?  It looks that way.

Just now, Big C said:

Yep. And again, if you’re the QB on that play, the only thing you absolutely can’t do is throw a pick. Starting at the 20 and not the 2 is a big deal. 

To be fair, the guy was open to start with, and Poyer made a great read and play on the football.

Lamar does have a live arm, but you would have to think that Allen gets it there ahead of the Safety, if the situation was reversed. ;)

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Even if he doesn’t for some dumb reason, then Crowder shouldn’t if he’s healthy. Was a fan of the move this off-season but I’m over it. Shakir/McKenzie are the better compliments to Diggs until Gabe or Knox can hopefully get right and start to really contribute.

Shakir optimized his opportunity today.  We'll see more of him.  Cook, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Totally. I think it’s telling that they weren’t able to agree on any extension before the season started, though. Poyer has been underpaid based on his performance here and he probably wants a little thanks from the Bills. 

true but the bills gave him the opportunity to be what he is and has been here.   yes he's made the plays and put in the work but had he gone some where else i dont think he is the same player.   guess we'll see how important the team first theme is to him.  

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Harbaugh went for it instead of taking the 3 out of fear of the certainty of Allen scoring a TD on the next drive. Clear as day. 

Which is the wrong call IMO, especially in a wet game.  You get the opportunity late in the game to get a lead, you take it.

You have no idea what might happen when the other team gets the ball.  INT, fumble, you never know.  To come away with nothing there though gives the advantage to the opponent because now they only need a FG to beat you.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.