NFL WEEK #4 - Bills at Ravens - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Stupid guys on CBS postgame make it sound like it was Harbaugh's fault they lost the game vs. giving any credit to Buffalo in the comeback.

I agree with them. The way we were playing, and based on our record in close games, a FG lead would have been almost insurmountable. 

The pressure would have been on. We would have passed on all of our remaining plays until we were in FG range making us one dimensional and predictable. Josh would have forced things he shouldn’t. And besides, short of an INT by us, we would have been starting the drive way inside our territory. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

They're forgetting the calls missed by the officials prior to then? So much holding and a massive OPI, if I recall correctly.

Yep even if we lost I would have zero problems with the refs this game.  They called it the same both ways and thats all I ever care about.  Ravens got away with some too.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The first half game thread was one to forget. A lot of you should be ashamed at the amount of ignorant crying and whining.

I see this post often so not singling you out

It's an anonymous message board, it's what you're always going to get; deserving or undeserving 

People aren't going to whine and complain to their family/friends they are going to let it out on a message board 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah it really shouldn’t be a discussion. Going for it is the right call. Really lousy execution on the play is the real culprit. Your downside on that call is an incompletion and the Bills start pinned against their end zone. Not a pick in the end zone to set us up at the 20.

Even if they kicked the FG.  Bills still drove down and could have went for a td instead of a fg.

Bills had every reason to fold the tents and go home and make the "it's just not our day excuses".

Instead they did what they did in TB last year and said F this we are going to take over.

Didn't finish last year, they did this year...

A lot of streaks broke today by the Bills...

Broke their 8 straight opening drives with a TD, broke the double digits winning streak and most importantly broke the streak that they couldn't win a one score game.

Also kept a few streaks alive...all 4 games the opposition has gone 3 and out on their opening drives of the second half. And possibly their first 2 drives.

Miami is the only team to have scored at all in the second half against us. They got 7 points. The other 3 games the D allowed 0 points. That is pretty damn impressive.

Also the Bills have not allowed a team to gain over 300 yards all year...Baltimore finished with 296, only 134 passing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

I agree with them. The way we were playing, and based on our record in close games, a FG lead would have been almost insurmountable. 

The pressure would have been on. We would have passed on all of our remaining plays until we were in FG range making us one dimensional and predictable. Josh would have forced things he shouldn’t. And besides, short of an INT by us, we would have been starting the drive way inside our territory. 

We did that regardless and could of easily scored a TD for a W.

The Ravens D had zero answer to the Bills O the 2nd half. 

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Milano was a sure tackler and managed to get Lamar in space a couple times. Edmunds got caught flat footed against Lamar on that one 3rd and long run but overall I thought he played well too. Don’t be surprised if we extend Edmunds and keeping running this duo. Even at the expense of Poyer. 

cept that poyer won this game...  two ints.   hard to give up his playmaking

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shakir the rook had some huge catches and a great block in crunch time!

the guy just seem to possess star quality already. And he has very good hands and football instincts. Clearly. I'm on the Shakir train!~!~!!! 

I believe that roughing call was legitimate. The Ravens player broke down and stopped when Allen threw it. He then took A free shot at Allen, regardless of how weak it was. Injuries could have happened for absolutely no reason. The defender KNEW Allen threw it and there was no momentum carrying him forward. He chose to grab Allen and take him to the ground for no reason.

The only bad call was the non call for interference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.