Chad Kelly still blames everyone else

Dan Darragh

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Gonna say what I always do when he comes up.  Is he entitled, probably.  Has he made some really dumb mistakes, yes.

But he has also done a lot of good for kids through Kelly Camp and works with the ARC of Erie and Niagara Counties.   Gotta give him credit for some of the good too.   Everyone has their stuff.  His is just a lot more public.

I keep reading about this kids camp stuff whenever a Chad thread pops up.  When was the last time he did this?   And was this done out of personal altruism or his advisors telling him to rehab his image?

10 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

He talks about how hard it is to stay out of fights and how he’d rather “spend time at home with an acquaintance” than go out drinking. Not very believable phrasing.

Way too many people I grew up with in Buffalo never got anywhere because of constant drinking and partying. 

Agreed.   Number of people I grew up with spent their time drinking and partying after working in gas stations during school. Most were underage but had someone in party a few years older. They used to criitisize me for my nose being in book but some of them are still working in gas stations while I have been professionally working since I graduating college. ironically I collected the cans they left behind each night for my spending money.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

He had a huge talk with my kid the last three years at Kelly Camp.

Well if he is doing something good in his uncles camp then good for him.  But the other endeavors he’s been involved in have not gone all that great. Wasted opportunities in NFL due to bad personal decisions and now doesn’t seem to be doing so hot in CFL.

4 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I sit 4 rows behind Jim Kelly in section 134. He has like 8 seats. Chad was at one of the games a few years ago. He was all decked out in Bills gear, the legit NFL gear. I was surprised at how small he looked without a uniform on. He was a beast at Ole Miss, but he did not look like an NFL athlete at that game. And of course he was boozin it up with his buddies.

You'd probably say the same about Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.    He's the same stature as those guys.   

As for him boozing it up with his buddies.........that's not surprising..........he's a Kelly..........they party at football games, it's a tradition.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You'd probably say the same about Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.    He's the same stature as those guys.   

As for him boozing it up with his buddies.........that's not surprising..........he's a Kelly..........they party at football games, it's a tradition.

He just looked like an average joe when I saw him. Jim is much bigger in person. And I know Jimbo used to be a big time partier, but I have yet to see him or his brothers have any brewskis at the game. But I also know they go up into the Toyota club at times. Maybe that's where they shotgun some beers. Lol

32 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

Chad Kelly is done.  He went to HS at my alma mater, and the Kelly pedigree, of course, was attractive.  But, he's not good enough, and for a variety of reasons, and everybody else has moved on.

Well........no........he's not done and everybody else hasn't moved on from him..........he is still playing pro football.

I have never understood the jealous nobody's who insist on running the guy down...........lot's of talented athletes don't make it big in pro sports.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He just looked like an average joe when I saw him. Jim is much bigger in person. And I know Jimbo used to be a big time partier, but I have yet to see him or his brothers have any brewskis at the game. But I also know they go up into the Toyota club at times. Maybe that's where they shotgun some beers. Lol

The era where bigger, taller, less athletic QB's like Kelly, Marino, Bledsoe and Peyton Manning ruled the game is long gone and they have been replaced by more athletic 6'2" guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, Dak, Lamar, Jalen Hurts etc..   It's why people act astonished about Josh Allen.   He's tall like an old school QB but also athletic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well........no........he's not done and everybody else hasn't moved on from him..........he is still playing pro football.

I have never understood the jealous nobody's who insist on running the guy down...........lot's of talented athletes don't make it big in pro sports.

To be clear, I wanted him to succeed.  Now he's in CFL feeling sorry for himself, and it's more of the same.  Godspeed to that guy, but where does he fit in the NFL?  Why has his phone gone cold?  I think that his body of work and personal conduct answers that for us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.