Breaking News: Doctor that cleared Tua in concussion protocol is fired...

Protocal69

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

nope. we all saw him staggering.  we all saw his head hit the turf. c'mon.  This was malpractice and I'm not a fan of the lawsuits , generally.  We all make mistakes. But this was egregious.

I totally agree.  I meant we have to wait and see if any official penalties are given to Miami.

They can't put it all on the UNC, he has no power.

3 hours ago, vincec said:

If this is going to be credible at all, then the NFLPA needs to explain the mistakes that they claim he made.

They don’t actually have to prove anything to dismiss him. They can do that even if he made no mistakes at all.

The NFLPA and the league have contracts with these independent neurologists. They most likely have to be able to demonstrate cause to unilaterally terminate the contract.  If they can't demonstrate cause for termination or have a specific "employment at will" clause in the contract, this could end up in court with the neurologist claiming a breach of contract.  Being the cynic that I am, I suppose they could always pay off the neurologist to go away quietly.  I don't believe we will ever know the real story.

• Disagree 2

4 hours ago, Malazan said:

DeMaurice Smith is a moron. He fires this guy which gives a perfect scapegoat for the league and Dolphins. He should have been attacking the protocol and the team.

The Doctor was part of the team.  The question is did the Dr. say yes based on pressure from the coach ?

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The Doctor was part of the team.  The question is did the Dr. say yes based on pressure from the coach ?

The guy that was fired was not part of the team. He was the independent doctor (approved by the league and NFLPA). The NFLPA can not fire the team doctor. 

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

you think Smith is done? This is more than likely just step one.

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Oh, I'm sure he is. He doesn't have the power to fire team doctors like he did the UNC. I'm sure this is just Step 1. I'd be shocked if the Team Doctor survives this and the Dolphins don't face consequences. As minimal as Offense 1 violation punishment is.

Did I say he was 'done'? I said he gave the NFL and Dolphins a scapegoat. Also, given his track record of always losing to the league.. does it matter if he's not done? 

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahha. 

Nobody is a moron. If you have no ethics, this is the perfect move. 

What else would the NFL do if they had no ethics? 

What are you even talking about? DeMaurice Smith works for the NFLPA, not the NFL. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

It's sad that this needs to be a "rule"

I understand that every player is always going to want to play, that's why you have coaches/doctors/gms to make that choice for the player.

This is the job of the coach to make sure he doesn't go back in. His job is to make the tough decision, to make the unpopular choice, to take the heat off his player  

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I totally agree.  I meant we have to wait and see if any official penalties are given to Miami.

They can't put it all on the UNC, he has no power.

Doubt it. The Dolphins and McDaniel are the golden children of this early season. I think the NFL will try to pin it on the consultant and sweep the rest under the carpet.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

After the clarification above re the protocol, it’s clear to me that the Union had the power to can the UNC, But likely has no say about the dolphins doctor. 

While the team doctor is the one to ultimately blame, it is probably on the dolphins to fire him— which I am guessing is coming next. 

I mean they haven't admitted doing any of the things they've been punished with so far this year I don't think.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Nah this is about player safety.  Id rather incompentent people just get fired and lose their license while the team gets heavily fined and loses draft picks for the next two years because I dont think they have any this year.  It should be heavy because this is the second time they failed to follow protocol.

They are simps.  They still will think its a witch hunt.  They dont give two ***** about player safety.

Agree - plus I am sure there are a subset of them that “know” they are right and that any evidence that contradicts their viewpoint is coming from a source that is not trustworthy. Welcome to today’s world, and pass the beer nuts.

Edited by Rat-boy
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Everyone watching that game knew Tua had concussion. It did not need a medical professional to say otherwise; McDaniel could have stepped in and said Tua would not return.

I may be naive, but I wholeheartedly believe if Sean had seen Josh get up and stumble like that, HE would have made the decision not to let Josh return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, KHAN said:

I may be naive, but I wholeheartedly believe if Sean had seen Josh get up and stumble like that, HE would have made the decision not to let Josh return.

One would only hope.  People forget, or didn't see it... Tua's hands did the same thing on Sunday as they did on Thursday.   He was just sitting up and the symptoms got lost in the Dolphins blinding obsession for beating the Bills for the first time in 4 years.  Dolphins management would have turned him into a vegetable for that win on Sunday.

Look at his hands on Sunday:

TuaBellRung.png.864ac534c967365428928d2713987711.png

Something is definitely not right with the Dolphins organization... Going back to the Flores lawsuit too.

Karma is a MuthaPh**ker... Sadly, Tua the pawn.

They can have their ill-gotten win.  I simply don't wanna win like this. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I wonder what all the indignant, righteous Dolphins fans who've spent the past few days calling this a witch hunt and saying everything was done by the book are thinking right about now.

I have an idea but can't post it. I really pissed some folks off talking about Miami already. 😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

What are you even talking about? DeMaurice Smith works for the NFLPA, not the NFL. 

And what's the NFLPA? At the very top. Pure love and goodness? 

I hate to ruin your fantasy. Smith works for Goodell and the owners. There's some free will there, but when push comes to shove they all have the same boss. NFL is a sham. 

• Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

And what's the NFLPA? At the very top. Pure love and goodness? 

I hate to ruin your fantasy. Smith works for Goodell and the owners. There's some free will there, but when push comes to shove they all have the same boss. NFL is a sham. 

Right.

Aliens.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Is he? He says they should be talking about player safety instead of his socks and then proceeds to talk about his ***** socks.

I really think he doesn't want to talk about his socks or knee pads. He doesn't want to bring it up, IMO... But they keep fining him for ticky-tacky stuff and blow off the big stuff, so it gets brought up.

I don't get the vibe he was being an attentionwhore about his socks.  It just needed to be stated.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I really think he doesn't want to talk about his socks or knee pads. He doesn't want to bring it up, IMO... But they keep fining him for ticky-tacky stuff and blow off the big stuff, so it gets brought up.

I don't get the vibe he was being an attentionwhore about his socks.  It just needed to be stated.

He was asked about Tua and player safety and steered the conversation to his fines for the uniform violation he's not changing and even explicitly saying he won't change.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.