Bills @ Ravens weather thread

NewEra

I'm in Virginia and our forecast has changed every few hours since Thursday.  Who knows what it'll be like tomorrow. Here's the latest hourly forecast for Baltimore. 

Screenshot_20221001_161926.jpg

Edited by jayg
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am a weather nerd. I like how all the “I am too cool to worry about the weather” cool kids poo poo the weather!  

We have seen over the last few years now several games decided directly because of the weather.

It definitely matters, especially since we are such a pass happy team with very little ability to run the ball. According to at least one article I read, the presence of even light rain decreases passing production by 12%. 

There is no question that it is going to rain during most, if not, the entire game tomorrow. What that means is that we need some good ball security, and we will need to be able to actually run the ball. I am hoping we will see more Jet sweep action and wide zones with Cook. We aren’t going to be able to batter it up the gut against these very good DT’s of the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am a weather nerd. I like how all the “I am too cool to worry about the weather” cool kids poo poo the weather!  

We have seen over the last few years now several games decided directly because of the weather.

It definitely matters, especially since we are such a pass happy team with very little ability to run the ball. According to at least one article I read, the presence of even light rain decreases passing production by 12%. 

There is no question that it is going to rain during most, if not, the entire game tomorrow. What that means is that we need some good ball security, and we will need to be able to actually run the ball. I am hoping we will see more Jet sweep action and wide zones with Cook. We aren’t going to be able to batter it up the gut against these very good DT’s of the Ravens.

"Too cool to worry about the weather" 🤣    Why would anyone worry about the weather.  It is going to be what it is going to be.  We played in 100 degree heat last week and dominated the time of possession by 20 minutes and had 300 more yards than the Dolphins.  We didn't lose because of the heat. We lost because we didn't execute.  Rains and winds are no different.  You lose if you don't execute, not because the weather was bad.  The other teams play in the same weather. You don't think Lamar Jackson would prefer a fast field with no wind?  Pretty sure the rain and wind are tough on him too.

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Pierce is out, but Raekwon Davis was out for Miami and we couldn’t run on them either, so probably doesn’t matter. 

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

One of my dad's favorite sayings was, "Everyone complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

From the NWS...

MDZ011-020000- Southern Baltimore- Including the city of Baltimore 432 PM EDT Sat Oct 1 2022

COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM EDT SUNDAY... .REST OF THIS AFTERNOON...Drizzle and numerous showers. Patchy fog. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

TONIGHT...Drizzle. Numerous showers. Patchy fog. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

SUNDAY...Showers. Highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

SUNDAY NIGHT...Showers, mainly in the evening. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We need more Singletary and much, much less of Moss.

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

"Too cool to worry about the weather" 🤣    Why would anyone worry about the weather.  It is going to be what it is going to be.  We played in 100 degree heat last week and dominated the time of possession by 20 minutes and had 300 more yards than the Dolphins.  We didn't lose because of the heat. We lost because we didn't execute.  Rains and winds are no different.  You lose if you don't execute, not because the weather was bad.  The other teams play in the same weather. You don't think Lamar Jackson would prefer a fast field with no wind?  Pretty sure the rain and wind are tough on him too.

we lost last week because of the heat. It clearly affected our red zone execution. The offense was gassed. We lost last year against New England because of the high wind. The rain is going to be a factor. And it doesn’t impact each team the same. It impacts us more because we rely almost exclusively on the pass than the Ravens.

I am not saying we can’t or won’t win. But the coaches need to understand that it will affect the game, and game plan accordingly— ie, by figuring out how we are going to run more effectively. We are going to need our middling group of RB’s and oline to generate some push and solid runs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Bills will be able to pass in the rain so long as the rain isn't a total down pour. I'm more concerned with wind then rain. If it stays at like 10 to 15 MPH the Bills win be fine. A slight hit to the pass game but nothing substantial. 

Edited by newcam2012

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.