Just in case we lose tomorrow

Italian Bills

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They underachieved to an 11-7 finish last year when they should have been a 15-2 type team.

So they need to play up to their ability this year.........a second straight loss to an inferior opponent would be another case of not stepping up to the challenge.

And yes, Baltimore is inferior...........they have a terrible defense both against the pass and the run and their run game has been lousy and their OL is a mess.........the Bills need to take care of business.

1000000%

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

No offense but you take is hot garbage. For three quarters the Ravens pummeled the Dolphins. 

Wow, for three quarters. How did that work out for them?  Oh, that's right, they got blown out 28-3 in the fourth quarter.  The Dolphins figured out their defense and their offense, which they shut down in the fourth quarter.  The Ravens lost and gave up 547 yards of offense and 461 passing yards.  They have given up more yards than any team in the NFL this year.  

Good teams figure out teams like the Ravens.  Their Defense stinks and you just shut down their TE's and they become a very easy offense to stop. 

BTW, If you are into partial games, maybe you should talk to an Atlanta Falcons fan.  

Edited by Bills2022

8 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hey… i wish to know what would be your thoughts in case tomorrow we will lose again.

I know i would be really sad being 2-2 with to losses in a row, but playing in Baltimore with all the injuries we have and with Lamar playing so good, it’s something very possible. 

That wouldn’t change my opinion about how strong we are as a team and that when all healthy again we could win every single game till the end of the season, but i know i would be down till Tuesday or Wednesday waiting for the next one vs the Steeler. 

What about you ? 

ps. one aspect that could be very important is if we could run better… gaining from 100 to 150 yards on the ground could increase our chance of 15/20% 

Going into the season, sports writers said that if we were 3-4 after the first 7 games we would be in good shape to win 12 games.  We are still in very good shape even with a loss on Sunday.

But we are going to win on Sunday. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

8 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hey… i wish to know what would be your thoughts in case tomorrow we will lose again.

I know i would be really sad being 2-2 with to losses in a row, but playing in Baltimore with all the injuries we have and with Lamar playing so good, it’s something very possible. 

That wouldn’t change my opinion about how strong we are as a team and that when all healthy again we could win every single game till the end of the season, but i know i would be down till Tuesday or Wednesday waiting for the next one vs the Steeler. 

What about you ? 

ps. one aspect that could be very important is if we could run better… gaining from 100 to 150 yards on the ground could increase our chance of 15/20% 

man throwing out some bad vibes my Italian friend.

• Agree 2

Last season, we were 7-6 at one point and still had an opportunity to get to the Superbowl.

Every other team in our division is dealing with quarterback injuries and we have only played one divisional game so far.

I am confident that we can win tomorrow, but even if we lose, we have a long season ahead of us and a lot of star players who will soon return from injury.

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Not sure this is as tough a game as some make it.  Jackson is playing well.  Know who else is:  our DL and LBs.  

Who has a worse secondary than our injured one: Balt.  We have a great passing offense.  

We should score a bunch of points and make a few stops and win by 10-14

It's rainy and cold here.  Not sure what the wind will be doing, but if the Bills passing game is altered in any way by the elements...what else do they have?  

8 hours ago, Augie said:

We knew it was a tough stretch to start. We did NOT know we’d be decimated by injuries. I could live with it. Get healthy and peak in the playoffs. That is how you win that trophy. 

This is the correct take.  I'm not big on making excuses but I don't think anybody saw these type of injuries occurring this early into the season.  I think we can win tomorrow but I won't go in full panic mode if we don't because we haven't been playing at full strength.  Still a long season to go and outside of Hyde we should be able to get everybody back for down the stretch when it really matters. 

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That is far from certain at this point.  I get that we are a better team; we are also already behind in the race for the division, and Miami is going to win 10 or 11 games this year, if Tua plays and is OK.

If we lose tomorrow, Tua plays, Miami wins, people around here will start rethink things a little bit.

Come on man Miami is not gonna be able to hold onto that first play spot and you know it

I’m bracing for 3-3 at the bye with all the injuries. I also sense Gabe is not fully recovered and with Kumerow out it puts even more pressure on Diggs. One thing is clear others are going to have to step up and we shouldn’t expect Josh to bail out the running game. Getting to 4-2 would be fantastic but two tough road games at Balt and KC will be challenging. That’s why losing to MIA sucks even more and we can’t afford a stumble against Pitt. Get to 4-2, hopefully regroup, get healthy and stay healthy! Then have to dominate the remaining games and stack up some wins! 3-3 would suck.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

It's rainy and cold here.  Not sure what the wind will be doing, but if the Bills passing game is altered in any way by the elements...what else do they have?  

The best defense in the league.  They’ll have to win it for us.  It’s possible 

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Last season, we were 7-6 at one point and still had an opportunity to get to the Superbowl.

Every other team in our division is dealing with quarterback injuries and we have only played one divisional game so far.

I am confident that we can win tomorrow, but even if we lose, we have a long season ahead of us and a lot of star players who will soon return from injury.

Yup.. and then we lost to KC in Arrowhead, for the second time in two years.. somewhere we might as well plan on playing again if we lose any game where everything isn’t ideal. 

When the schedule came out, the first 6 games were always going to be the hardest stretch. I was thinking if we survived to go 3-3 for that stretch, we would be in good shape. 

Before the season, I was thinking we would be 1-2 at this point, with losses to the Rams and Titans and a win against Miami. Obviously, the opposite happened! 

The way all these teams are now playing, I can see us losing to Baltimore, but beating Pitt, KC, and GB. It’s going to be a tough stretch and I expect the Balt, KC, and GB games all to be tight ones— but we should come out okay.

A loss tomorrow puts me in the same place as I was after week 1 last year.  This team at 2-2 would have me feeling the same as when they were 0-1 last year.  Optimistic long term but knowing it would be tougher season than some people liked to think it would be.

I would of course expect all of the usual suspects here who shall not be named, to tell us how right they are about this coaching staff not being able to put a winner on the field, personnel or play calling…and how they pine for the days of Rex Ryan’s bully building, and if only we had the Dolphins’ or Jets’ solid roster, etc. What am I missing? 🧐

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I would of course expect all of the usual suspects here who shall not be named, to tell us how right they are about this coaching staff not being able to put a winner on the field, personnel or play calling…and how they pine for the days of Rex Ryan’s bully building, and if only we had the Dolphins’ or Jets’ solid roster, etc. What am I missing? 🧐

A good Sativa strain or a Microdot?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.