Just in case we lose tomorrow

Italian Bills

1 hour ago, Flucod said:

Aww need a tissue? It is a bad take brah! Watch the replay of the game and tell me when JA is slowing down because he is trying to tell rookie RB and PS center who to block and what routes to run. Sure though, the guy who leads a team to 497 yards with back up players was at fault, LMAO! Does your mom know you are on the computer?

Watched it twice. We don’t agree, fine. Just curious why you are such an ass to a post that wasn’t addressed to you? My mom knows. She saw your post and laughed while calling you a wannabe keyboard tough guy, but is really a kitty cat. I’m going to ignore you from now on. But holes like you aren’t worth my time. 
Mods… you know. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Vomit 1

Just now, teef said:

No they won’t. 

Sure they will.  You don't think the national media is going to jump all over the 2-2 "Paper Tiger" Buffalo Bills who can't win a close game?  If the Bills Defense gives up a late TD and they lose I can guarantee you the Bills will start being referred to as the "same old Bills" who don't show up when the game is on the line. 

Just now, Bills2022 said:

Sure they will.  You don't think the national media is going to jump all over the 2-2 "Paper Tiger" Buffalo Bills who can't win a close game?  If the Bills Defense gives up a late TD and they lose I can guarantee you the Bills will start being referred to as the "same old Bills" who don't show up when the game is on the line. 

This is really what worries you?  What the national media says?   A quarter of the season isn’t even over, and you’re actually worried about people saying, “same old bills”. The season is a marathon, and the bills are a beaten up team rig by now. No matter what happens tomorrow, we may see a drastically different team by the end of the season, good or bad.   Good teams go through bumps. Weren’t the bucs 7-6 at one point of their Super Bowl winning season?  It’s just too early to panic or make super bowl plans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m expecting both. A loss tomorrow and winning the Lombardi in February.

The Raven's defense has given up the league's worst 458 yards per game.  The Bills defense is the league's best 214 yards per game. If you lose to the Ravens, a team the Dolphins already beat, you aren't winning the Super Bowl.  Their Defense is garbage. The only way the Bills lose this game is if they don't show up. If they don't show up in back to back weeks they aren't going anywhere.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The Raven's defense has given up the league's worst 458 yards per game.  The Bills defense is the league's best 214 yards per game. If you lose to the Ravens, a team the Dolphins already beat, you aren't winning the Super Bowl.  Their Defense is garbage. The only way the Bills lose this game is if they don't show up. If they don't show up in back to back weeks they aren't going anywhere.

This is an absurd comment. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, teef said:

This is really what worries you?  What the national media says?   A quarter of the season isn’t even over, and you’re actually worried about people saying, “same old bills”. The season is a marathon, and the bills are a beaten up team rig by now. No matter what happens tomorrow, we may see a drastically different team by the end of the season, good or bad.   Good teams go through bumps. Weren’t the bucs 7-6 at one point of their Super Bowl winning season?  It’s just too early to panic or make super bowl plans. 

Certain teams can't handle pressure.  Usually those are the types of teams that are 0-7 in close games.  Why would anyone believe a team that goes to 0-8 in close games is capable of winning anything?  If you are 0-8 in close games you have issues and those issues don't go away.

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hey… i wish to know what would be your thoughts in case tomorrow we will lose again.

I know i would be really sad being 2-2 with to losses in a row, but playing in Baltimore with all the injuries we have and with Lamar playing so good, it’s something very possible. 

That wouldn’t change my opinion about how strong we are as a team and that when all healthy again we could win every single game till the end of the season, but i know i would be down till Tuesday or Wednesday waiting for the next one vs the Steeler. 

What about you ? 

ps. one aspect that could be very important is if we could run better… gaining from 100 to 150 yards on the ground could increase our chance of 15/20% 

My paizano friend, you’re neglecting how horrible the Ravens secondary has been allowing an avg of 353 air  yds a game to the lame ars Pats, Jets, and Fins.

The Bills will have a potent air attack as they were against the World Champs and the #1 AFC seed destroying both.  They made some crucial mistakes related to the heat and other factors.  Tim Brown is a host on NFLR on Saturday mornings, and he stated for games like Miami he used to proactively tap an IV prior to the game as he just expected the problems that happened Sunday.  No one ever came out Monday and said they were doing these things which is on our guys.

The injuries are a significant concern, but they are as banged up as us.  Our backup secondary held Miami in check for most of the game.  We made critical mistakes with a dropped TD pass to Davis, dropped pick 6 by Milano, miffed snap before the half, missed 38 yd FG by Bass, and so on.

We outplayed them at all levels  so take the emotion out of it, and I’m betting we have a get right game with the Ravens.  I’m not asking everyone to be Pollyanna, but the sky isn’t falling either.  Lamar has never played well against a Frazier/McD defense.  We have to take out their TE’s, and Lamar will have problems.

I think we win, but instead of a healthy team in the Bills and destroying them, it’s more of a closer game with us winning 28-23.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Bro, there's no world in which the ability to win or lose a Super Bowl can be predicted from a week 4 game. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Bills2022 said:

Certain teams can't handle pressure.  Usually those are the types of teams that are 0-7 in close games.  Why would anyone believe a team that goes to 0-8 in close games is capable of winning anything?  If you are 0-8 in close games you have issues and those issues don't go away.

How we’re the bills in close games in 2020?  Every season is new and has a new set of circumstances.   If the bills lose tomorrow, I’d rather have them lose than get blown out.  At least they’re being competitive while being banged up.   

I’d obviously rather see the bills win tomorrow, but a loss by team missing a lot of starters doesn’t cripple the season in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Bro, there's no world in which the ability to win or lose a Super Bowl can be predicted from a week 4 game. 

I think if the bills lose the game tomorrow, he considers the season over. 

• Agree 1

NFL is not MLB.  Every game really does matter.  Last year the Bills lost a number of games they should have won, and lost home field playoff advantage. Even more critical is the bye week only one team earns.  And the one seed plays a weaker team than the 4 seed does. And the loss to the dolphins put the division in play. 

Losing tomorrow is a cause for concern.  If the loss is another game like the 13 sec debacle, or last weeks game, were we can't find a way to close, the concern is even greater. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

I think if the bills lose the game tomorrow, he considers the season over. 

I think if the Bills lose a close game tomorrow then they aren't winning the Super Bowl. You can't overlook a team going 0-8 in close games. Especially when they have all this talent. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I think if the Bills lose a close game tomorrow then they aren't winning the Super Bowl. You can't overlook a team going 0-8 in close games. Especially when they have all this talent. 

The bills have gone 0-8 in games this year?  Why just include last year and this year?  Would you feel better with a blowout loss rather than a close loss?  

Edited by teef

Just now, teef said:

The bills have gone 0-8 in games this year?  Why just include last year and this year?  Would you feel better with a blowout loss rather than a close loss?  

They went 0-6 in 1 score games in 2021.  They lose a close game tomorrow and they will have lost 8 straight 1 score games.  Yes, same coaches.  You know the ones that are also 1-3 in 1 score playoff games.  The same coaches the froze in the playoffs last year.   Some coaches can only take a team so far. 

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

They went 0-6 in 1 score games in 2021.  They lose a close game tomorrow and they will have lost 8 straight 1 score games.  Yes, same coaches.  You know the ones that are also 1-3 in 1 score playoff games.  The same coaches the froze in the playoffs last year.   Some coaches can only take a team so far. 

We’ll, if you think it’s a coaching issue, I get that.  I don’t totally agree, but I get it. My point more was that even if the bills lose tomorrow, it doesn’t doom a season, (not considering how anyone feels about coaching). 

• Like (+1) 2

Despite my OTT reaction last week, my pessimistic prediction at the start of the season, once the schedule was released, was a 2-5 start before winning the remainder, except maybe against the Bengals. So it'd be great to win tomorrow, but a defeat won't be the end of the world.

Just now, teef said:

We’ll, if you think it’s a coaching issue, I get that.  I don’t totally agree, but I get it. My point more was that even if the bills lose tomorrow, it doesn’t doom a season, (not considering how anyone feels about coaching). 

I don't think losing tomorrow determines if we win the Super Bowl. I do think if we lose another close game we have to come to grips with the fact that our coaching staff is "playoff caliber" but will never be "championship caliber."

• Like (+1) 1

I just don’t get it 

I would rather the Bills lose by 1 point than lose by 7 or more. 

the narrative won’t change when they win a close game !!!

that narrative will only change when the Bills win 10 close games. 

1 hour ago, teef said:

1 hour ago, teef said:

1 hour ago, teef said:

This is an absurd comment. 

You saved me a boat load of typing 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

No offense but you take is hot garbage. For three quarters the Ravens pummeled the Dolphins. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I’m expecting both. A loss tomorrow and winning the Lombardi in February.

Same.  I’m a pessimist when we play in windy and rainy weather due to our inability to run the ball with any consistency.  I think that corralling LJ is going to be tougher in this weather. I don’t expect Ed to play this week (or next).  Hope to be wrong.  

i fully expect to win the Super Bowl as long as we’re not completely devastated by injury.  

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Because Super Bowl favorites / Champions always go undefeated, especially against talented teams on the road? Great teams lose to other teams every year .. one win or lose does not anoint or eliminate them. It certainly would help with home field tiebreakers.

Because you’re talking to Gene.  Shame on you! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

They underachieved to an 11-6 finish last year when they should have been a 15-2 type team.

So they need to play up to their ability this year.........a second straight loss to an inferior opponent would be another case of not stepping up to the challenge.

And yes, Baltimore is inferior...........they have a terrible defense both against the pass and the run and their run game has been lousy and their OL is a mess.........the Bills need to take care of business.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.