The curious case of: Devin Singletary

Special K

12 hours ago, Simon said:

Because it may well be Bean's philosophy that you fill the RB position with 2nd/3rd round picks on rookie contracts instead of spending big money at the position.

I don't question spending higher picks on RB'S ,  I do question the choices. we have invested 3 higher picks in that position. I still don't see anyone of starter quality and our running game or lack of it is still the Bills biggest question mark. We have had this problem for the past 2-3 seasons and some fans  convinced themselves that Singletary is the guy. That Chiefs playoff game exposed his lack of burst and hitting the hole. Both Moss & Singletary ran 4.65 forties which is slow in this league and it shows up when holes are open and not being able to get to the second level.

57 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I don't question spending higher picks on RB'S ,  I do question the choices. we have invested 3 higher picks in that position. I still don't see anyone of starter quality and our running game or lack of it is still the Bills biggest question mark. We have had this problem for the past 2-3 seasons and some fans  convinced themselves that Singletary is the guy. That Chiefs playoff game exposed his lack of burst and hitting the hole. Both Moss & Singletary ran 4.65 forties which is slow in this league and it shows up when holes are open and not being able to get to the second level.

I do question spending the higher picks on RB's.  I'm not entirely sure the problem is the RBs.

A good quality OL seems able to turn lesser RBs into serviceable ball carriers, especially when the D is scared of the QB.  I don't think Edwards-Helaire and Isiah Pacheco are 14th and 15th for YPA entirely because they're such fantastic RBs; they have a good OL now which is decent at run blocking

The same can not be said for the Bills.  Now part of that is the need to mesh together, perhaps, but one can't call the Bills draft investment in OL extensive.

E-H ran a 4.6 40 btw; people put a little too much stress on the "underwear olympics" given that in pads and cleats some guys play faster and some slower.  Pacheco was fast though (4.37 40), and plays like it.

On 10/3/2022 at 8:52 PM, 97bills said:

I got to ask showcase for what. Because I doubt we could get anything for him. Maybe a devin singletary auto mini helmet. 

1 minute ago, Billsfanatixs said:

In hindsight that's exactly what I was thinking. If he had done well or at least ok, maybe it would have worked out well. Lol at the Mini Helmet! 

But who thought Beane could get much for Ford. He's ourMagic Beane

Edited by Billsfanatixs

On 9/30/2022 at 10:51 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Singletary, for whatever reason, is in the McDoghouse.  He's clearly the superior back (cue the haterz with his low avg per carry because he's been getting hit 5 yards deep in the backfield).  But we all saw the best example in Miami of what happens when Zack Moss inexplicably gets two carries in a row for 1 yard.  Josh coughs up the strip sack, and we hand the Fish 7 points and the ballgame. 

1. Our OL sucks at run blocking 

2. Our RB's are all mediocre with Motor the best

3. Dorsey knows this and has decided to use screens & dump offs as our run attack. 

4. Kromer's impact so far has been underwhelming 

5. Just like last year we'll start pulling guards in the 2nd half of the season in an attempt to generate some D/E gap runs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.