Dolphins Fans Reactions to Tua’s Injury

Rigotz

9 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Wouldn't he?  Seems we had a similar situation a few years ago.  Josh had a concussion and we thought he would need to sit out at least one game but then he played.  It made a lot of us very uncomfortable.  I don't remember the exact details but maybe someone can help me out here.

I think there is a difference between getting a concussion and putting that player right back on the field and a player being pulled and going through actual protocol to make it back in the next game. 

21 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The NFLPA - whose thoughts, I think, are along the same wavelength as most people - sacked the doctor. But they can't sack doctors hired by the team.

They can issue suspensions and fines though.  Maybe not to the doctor but to the team and coaches. 

• Like (+1) 1

Unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant who evaluated Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa fired over 'several mistakes,' 

If it looks like fraudulent b.s., sounds like fraudulent b.s., then that is exactly what it was! As EVERY fan who watched that game could attest!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Depends. 

We all watch plays, then the replay and have a strong opinion on what did or did not happen. In some of those we are confirmed right or wrong. But in others, it is clear to virtually everyone watching EXCEPT THE REPLAY OFFICIAL what did or did not happen. Just because they have the power to make an incorrect choice, doesn’t mean we need to admit we were wrong, when we can see we are not.

In the case of Tua, what happened in the Bills game was not hidden, in any way, shape or form. In order…

1) Tua’s head bounces off the turf on the push;

2) Tua gets up and shakes his head;

3)  Then Tua wobbles;

4) Finally,  Tua would have collapsed, were he not held up by his linemen.

Clearly, these are signs of trauma to the brain and concussion possibilities.

Nobody with their own brain intact- can deny what they saw!

Fish Mgt. + their HC did!

This is why I strongly condemn the Dolphins org in general and the head coach in particular: his comments COMPLETELY ignore the video evidence following the Milano hit.

I think he wants to believe that he'd never knowingly put his players in harm's way, and maybe he did NOT in fact see Tua being obviously concussed and wobbly on the field in real time, but he has had NO comment on the replay that the rest of the sports world has seen multiple times? That's some soulless, corporate, litigation mitigation right there.

17 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I gave the Dolphins the benefit of the doubt when they put Tua back into the game against us.  I thought he had obviously been concussed -- just like everybody else who saw him stumble around -- but I thought it was pretty unlikely that any NFL team would send a concussed player back into a game in 2022, so I figured hey maybe this "back" story is really true.

If I gave the Dolphins coaching staff and medical people the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure I would have given the Bills the benefit of the doubt if the same thing had happened with Allen.

If tua grabbed his back instead of grabbing and shaking his head I would’ve given them the benefit of the doubt.  Given how he reacted to the injury though there’s just no way you can pass him on the ‘gross motor instability’ test.  A back injury probably could cause the fall but the head grab/shake made concussion the most likely cause by a healthy margin.  

I believe the rule is written in a way that if the player passes the other tests and there is some possible alternate explanation for the fall they are not automatically ruled out though.  The neurologist likely got fired for ignoring common sense/their medical training and following the rule too closely imo

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is why I strongly condemn the Dolphins org in general and the head coach in particular: his comments COMPLETELY ignore the video evidence following the Milano hit.

I think he wants to believe that he'd never knowingly put his players in harm's way, and maybe he did NOT in fact see Tua being obviously concussed and wobbly on the field in real time, but he has had NO comment on the replay that the rest of the sports world has seen multiple times? That's some soulless, corporate, litigation mitigation right there.

He also said ‘tua definitely wasn’t concussed during the bills game’ after the bengals game which is an outright lie on someone’s part.  No doctor on earth would definitively rule out a concussion after that hit and short onfield test…they might say a back injury could cause the fall though but concussion was still a pretty likely cause and would not have been ruled out 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If tua grabbed his back instead of grabbing and shaking his head I would’ve given them the benefit of the doubt.  Given how he reacted to the injury though there’s just no way you can pass him on the ‘gross motor instability’ test.  A back injury probably could cause the fall but the head grab/shake made concussion the most likely cause by a healthy margin.  

I believe the rule is written in a way that if the player passes the other tests and there is some possible alternate explanation for the fall they are not automatically ruled out though.  The neurologist likely got fired for ignoring common sense/their medical training and following the rule too closely imo

TuaBellRung.png.2edbd284d467fd554463e01b5c2cb9a0.png

I posted this numerous times.  This is the Milano push.  Did they not see this?  His hands, clenched and frozen reaching to head.  It's not a back injury, he's sitting up, got himself up.

This is a pretty damning photo of a person with a concussion.  This is before he went to his feet and stammered.

He's clenched and adjusting his helmet, clearly clearing the cobwebs away. He isn't reaching to his back!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.