Dolphins Fans Reactions to Tua’s Injury

Rigotz

2 hours ago, transient said:

This is the part that makes me ask where the team loopholes are in this process. If Tua even enters the protocol, based on no-go criteria posted on the NFL website, he’s out. I have to think any independent consultant with the benefit of all of the information that fans had at their disposal, mainly the video evidence of the sequence, are not going to risk their livelihoods over a side gig and clear him even if his testing was normal. They’re obviously not replaying the sequence in the stadium like they did on the broadcast. Regardless, it was obvious enough that spotters should have caught it. Where’s the disconnect? It makes me wonder what is the jeopardy to their credentialing? Is there an agreement in place with the NFL that limits their liability in this position?

So I wonder was it a case where the independent doctor is examining during the Bills game, but meanwhile  the Miami doctors and trainers are  telling him, "no it's his back, it's been bothering him all week"  Tua, maybe partially being in a concussed confused state and the typical professional athlete mentality of never wanting to come out, confirmed, yeah it's my back.

The one thing I have not seen mentioned anywhere, was Tua on the injury report going into Bills game for a back issue?  If not then the Dolphins would at a minimum be in trouble for not reporting an injury.

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I will say this in defense of Phin fans- the smart ones are just silent in social media, only the idiots are out and talking, trying to defend the team. 

That's social media in general. A decade ago these outcasts sat alone in their parent's basement picking their boogers. Now, everyone gets a voice and it's the ones that shouldn't that are the loudest

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Is anyone else observing the trend of Dolphins fans doubling down on Tua being “fine” during the Bills game?

All over Twitter, all I see is an “us vs them” mentality from Dolphins fans and it’s really embarrassing to watch.

Objectively, all of our hearts and minds should be with Tua and nothing else. 

Is this a normal reaction? I feel like if Josh (god forbid) had a similar situation we would be angry at THE BILLS for allowing him to play… not mad at everyone else.

What am I missing here?

Shouldn't we be concerned about the Phish Fans who have the equivalant of a Volkswagon up their butts?

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That kid could literally have been killed Thursday night if he had gotten hit the wrong way.  The way this went down is disgusting.

But wait.. they said he had a back injury.. The coaches and Tua said this as well. Why did they fire the guy?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

That kid could literally have been killed Thursday night if he had gotten hit the wrong way.  The way this went down is disgusting.

We'll see.  I want to hear from Tua's camp about whether they felt (prior to Thursday's game) he was being rushed back too soon. 

• Agree 1

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Was he fired by the Dolphins so they could save face ... Or ... Was he fired by the NFL for not doing his job,and also to save face.

He was fired by the NFLPA, probably because he shouldn't have let a player with a concussion back on to the field.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Is anyone else observing the trend of Dolphins fans doubling down on Tua being “fine” during the Bills game?

All over Twitter, all I see is an “us vs them” mentality from Dolphins fans and it’s really embarrassing to watch.

Objectively, all of our hearts and minds should be with Tua and nothing else. 

Is this a normal reaction? I feel like if Josh (god forbid) had a similar situation we would be angry at THE BILLS for allowing him to play… not mad at everyone else.

What am I missing here?

Yeah, ,Buffalo never has an us vs them mentality.

*Sarcasm

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Yeah I am sure there would be none of that head if it was Allen.  

Agreed. I think is fans actually like Allen as a person as much as his performance. None of us would want to see him pulled a Tua. I don’t know how Miami fans view Tua, but it just seems like “get up, dude, and play”

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

A lot of the Ariza reaction also fell along the lines of "he's just a punter" responses. Tua  is not looked upon as the franchise for half that fan base. He's expendable. Many Miami fans would likely cut ties with Tua before Mike McDaniel if they had to make a choice. And McDaniel has only been at the helm for 4 games. 

Very much a different situation in Buffalo where Allen has become this entire organization. 

That said, I would like to think I would also lay into McDermott and Beane if Allen were put in a similar situation. And Allen is the ultimate competitor, it's probably just a matter of time before those boundaries are tested and hopefully the Bills organization makes the right decision. 

They pulled him in 2019 when he suffered a head injury and wanted to continue playing. Though we wasn't quite the central figure then he is now, but I think that would mean we'd protect him even more in these kinds of situations. Not that that should be what decisions are made on - if someone's concussed they need to be pulled from the game immediately.

15 hours ago, itaos said:

“Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of em’ are stupider than that” 

- George Carlin

Being that the median IQ is 100, that means half the population has an IQ under 100…, pretty scary when any thought is given to such a realization…, and a lot of those people drive motor vehicles and vote, which is even scarier…, so yes, lots of folk with restricted cognition out roaming the streets daily…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Someone knows the truth in this, and I’d love them to speak up. 

Also, I think McDaniel is in over his head on this. We know Stephen Ross is a dirtbag… gotta wonder if part of the desire to bring McDaniel in is because he’s a ‘kid’ and potentially easily influenced. (Maybe not though?)

There are too many things that aren’t adding up, and my gut says that McDaniel knows more than he’s leading on. 

The HC & medical staff are lying through their teeth, they have combined to do a RG3 job on Tua, and should be held accountable, but it’s the NFL, the league only cares if an action slows/restricts the flow of money, other than that, the train keeps rolling. 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The HC & medical staff are lying through their teeth, they have combined to do a RG3 job on Tua, and should be held accountable, but it’s the NFL, the league only cares if an action slows/restricts the flow of money, other than that, the train keeps rolling. 

That’s my take. How can McDaniel not be lying?  How can they change the injury in Bills game from a head injury to a back injury?  How can they double down on the back injury during the week… but also be testing him for a concussion all week?  It wasn’t a head injury, they say, but they give him multiple concussion tests still.

And now the doctor gets fired?

It’s not adding up. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

That’s my take. How can McDaniel not be lying?  How can they change the injury in Bills game from a head injury to a back injury?  How can they double down on the back injury during the week… but also be testing him for a concussion all week?  It wasn’t a head injury, they say, but they give him multiple concussion tests still.

And now the doctor gets fired?

It’s not adding up. 

The NFLPA - whose thoughts, I think, are along the same wavelength as most people - sacked the doctor. But they can't sack doctors hired by the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.