Dolphins Fans Reactions to Tua’s Injury

Rigotz

Is anyone else observing the trend of Dolphins fans doubling down on Tua being “fine” during the Bills game?

All over Twitter, all I see is an “us vs them” mentality from Dolphins fans and it’s really embarrassing to watch.

Objectively, all of our hearts and minds should be with Tua and nothing else. 

Is this a normal reaction? I feel like if Josh (god forbid) had a similar situation we would be angry at THE BILLS for allowing him to play… not mad at everyone else.

What am I missing here?

Edited by Rigotz
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

There's a video that showed a bunch of dolphins reacting to the situation that a Pats fan put together that's a little rough, shows the injury a bunch of times, one of them reacts to the second injury insisting that it's his back repeatedly until the broadcast comes back and confirms concussion.

1 minute ago, Rat-boy said:

Goes way beyond football I’m afraid, jefe.

It's part of the BIRGing and CORFing effect in fan behavior.

Fans attach themselves to a team and then associate themselves with the success or failure of said team, reacting accordingly. It's why fans say "we" when referring to the team even though they're not a member of that team. Obviously not everyone who says "we" has mental issues, but fans that take it too far automatically go on the defensive in a situation like this. Same thing they would do if personally accused of neglect in their actual lives.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Is anyone else observing the trend of Dolphins fans doubling down on Tua being “fine” during the Bills game?

All over Twitter, all I see is an “us vs them” mentality from Dolphins fans and it’s really embarrassing to watch.

Is this a normal reaction? I feel like if Josh (god forbid) had a similar situation we would be angry at THE BILLS for allowing him to play… not mad at everyone else.

What am I missing here?

there’s a contingent of bills fans that would act exactly the same way if it was Allen. Exactly.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's part of the BIRGing and CORFing effect in fan behavior.

Fans attach themselves to a team and then associate themselves with the success or failure of said team, reacting accordingly. It's why fans say "we" when referring to the team even though they're not a member of that team. Obviously not everyone who says "we" has mental issues, but fans that take it too far automatically go on the defensive in a situation like this. Same thing they would do if personally accused of neglect in their actual lives.

Just admit you like ranch, loser. 

• Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

What am I missing here?

you’re not missing anything. You’re just cherry picking and exhibiting a false sense of superiority. You’re just as bad as them.

• Agree 1

Tribalism is a powerful influence for many bipedal primates. 

To defend the Dolphins organization's handling of this situation is understandable, but also ABSOLUTELY DISQUALIFYING!

The head coach, who I otherwise really liked, now looks like an absolute buffoon. There is no reasonable counterargument, given the abundance of damning video evidence. The player was concussed in week 3, obviously, and then, predictably, concussed even more severely on a short turnaround in week 4. The video is SO obvious it's infuriating. Coach McDaniel is now complicit in a shameful, dangerous injury cover-up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

If the Bills staff handled Josh that way I would be just as pissed as I am about the way Miami handled Tua.  This ***** is no joke and the NFL not taking this stuff seriously instead of being about the views and the money destoys peoples lives.  It could have gotten Tua killed.  For what?  A meaningless week 3 game.  Even if it was his "back," which I don't buy for one second, he never should have been put back in the game and he should have had medical scans and xrays of his "back."  

• Like (+1) 6

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think it’s stupidity. It’s that people don’t like to admit they’re wrong. 

Bills fans would be doing the same thing.

Absolutely agree…hence my comment previously that this goes way beyond football.

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If the Bills staff handled Josh that way I would be just as pissed as I am about the way Miami handled Tua.  This ***** is no joke and the NFL not taking this stuff seriously instead of being about the views and the money destoys peoples lives.  It could have gotten Tua killed.  For what?  A meaningless week 3 game.  Even if it was his "back," which I don't buy for one second, he never should have been put back in the game and he should have had medical scans and xrays of his "back."  

Coach McDermott would never allow Josh to return to the field no matter how bad Josh would want to come back in.  Someone from the Dolphins medical staff and/or coaching staff made a serious mistake and they should be dealt with in a very serious way.  After 1 week of football Tua could be on his way to early Dementia/Alzheimer's sooner more than later.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Yeah Miami's a terrible place. The city has sucked for 30+ years and they're going to kill their quarterback.

He isn't the QB they wanted, they tried to get rid of him MANY times. They don't care if he gets RGIII'ed out of the league.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.