Brett Kollmann Breaks Miami Dolphins coverage schemes vs Bills

Protocal69

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Morse injury hurt quite a bit, but Saffold, Bated and Brown have all sucked to start the season as evidence in some aspects of his breakdown. 

I mean that’s true…but the guys that replaced them sucked worse and the guys that replaced the guys that sucked worse sucked a lot worse lol not to mention they couldn’t give saffold or Dawkins a breather down the stretch because there were no healthy players left 

we would’ve obliterated Miami if we had even half the injuries which still would’ve been a ton of injuries by normal standards 

theres this narrative that Miami had injuries too but looking at the snap count it’s just not even remotely close to the mess we had. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh threw for over 400 yards and two touchdowns

this was despite barely having enough offense of lineman to finish the game

We were missing half of our starters on defense

players were dropping like flies due to injuries and the humidity heat

Despite all this we almost won

It just wasn’t the bills day

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Morse injury hurt quite a bit, but Saffold, Bated and Brown have all sucked to start the season as evidence in some aspects of his breakdown. 

To be clear they have not sucked they played plenty well enough against the first two games at least in pass protection

I know that you keep on trying to spit that narrative to get it to flow but it just sinks right to the bottom of the pool

Having to use back up o lineman Really hurt us last game and caused actual turnovers not having Mitch hurt

Edited by John from Riverside

29 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean that’s true…but the guys that replaced them sucked worse and the guys that replaced the guys that sucked worse sucked a lot worse lol not to mention they couldn’t give saffold or Dawkins a breather down the stretch because there were no healthy players left 

we would’ve obliterated Miami if we had even half the injuries which still would’ve been a ton of injuries by normal standards 

They would have obliterated Miami if they could have run the ball at all.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Guess I will leave this here for you too since you ignored it in the other thread to continue your narrative.

Lets do some stats through 3 weeks keeping in mind that week 3 by the second half sometime we were down to 2 starting linemen, some of them 3rd stringers, and one guy finishing the game on a torn ACL.

Hurries 7 - 19th fewest in the league

Knockdowns 6 - 22nd fewest in the league

Sacked 7 - 12th fewest in the league

Blitzed 30 - 13th most in the league

Pressured per drop back 13.1% which is 31st lowest in the league.

Also keep in mind only 4 teams have more pass attempts than Josh and 2 of them have an extra game. 

Yeah, you might see some turnstile and missed blocks here and there but all teams have that.  Yes, Josh even helps make the line look better.  Even still the line is also why those stats are in a pretty good place.  Mahomes for example is way more pressured than Josh... 31.4% of his drop backs which is 4th most in the league while only being blizted 7 more times than Josh.

Yes I would like to see them use some resources in the oline but they arent as bad in pass blocking as you are acting.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They were terrible Sunday but that was their worst game. Not bad vs. the rams or titans…. They’ll be better with Morse back. It could be trouble with Brown. Cross your fingers he bounces back this week….

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

To be clear they have not sucked they played plenty well enough against the first two games at least in pass protection

I know that you keep on trying to spit that narrative to get it to flow but it just sinks right to the bottom of the pool

Having to use back up o lineman Really hurt us last game and caused actual turnovers not having Mitch hurt

They played well in LA (Bates apart). They did not play well against TEN but Josh covered up a lot of sins. Saffold has got worse each game. He was good week 1, just below average week 2 and an absolute blazing disaster week 3. Brown had a really good first game then two tire fires. Bates is a good backup. Paying him like a starter does not a starter make though.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They played well in LA (Bates apart). They did not play well against TEN but Josh covered up a lot of sins. Saffold has got worse each game. He was good week 1, just below average week 2 and an absolute blazing disaster week 3. Brown had a really good first game then two tire fires. Bates is a good backup. Paying him like a starter does not a starter make though.

Bates It’s fine he’s not a pro bowler or anything he’s a starting level guard in the NFL

• Disagree 1

this analysis is all scheme-based and passive-aggressive about Josh and cat-mouse play-calling of the coords, all of which the OL which has a vote in and unfort had an overall weak performance based on quality of play, reserves playing, and some playing out of position, not to mention the heat-humid-fatigue factor esp for the left-side as Dawkins and Saffold managed to play the entire game...incredible that we could have won the game as we left over 20+ points on the field, including that pass to Isaiah that coulda-shoulda won the effing game...we are healthier overall this week which was a factor going into the game as well, we have to get a better performance from the OL, they are our lowest rated players so far, and Saffold  so far has been subpar and bears monitoring and hopefully not concern.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Guess I will leave this here for you too since you ignored it in the other thread to continue your narrative.

Lets do some stats through 3 weeks keeping in mind that week 3 by the second half sometime we were down to 2 starting linemen, some of them 3rd stringers, and one guy finishing the game on a torn ACL.

Hurries 7 - 19th fewest in the league

Knockdowns 6 - 22nd fewest in the league

Sacked 7 - 12th fewest in the league

Blitzed 30 - 13th most in the league

Pressured per drop back 13.1% which is 31st lowest in the league.

Also keep in mind only 4 teams have more pass attempts than Josh and 2 of them have an extra game. 

Yeah, you might see some turnstile and missed blocks here and there but all teams have that.  Yes, Josh even helps make the line look better.  Even still the line is also why those stats are in a pretty good place.  Mahomes for example is way more pressured than Josh... 31.4% of his drop backs which is 4th most in the league while only being blizted 7 more times than Josh.

Yes I would like to see them use some resources in the oline but they arent as bad in pass blocking as you are acting.

Oh look he ignored this in two threads so he can keep going in other threads acting like our Oline is the worst in the league.

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You take it personal don’t you?😅… never said their offensive line was the worst in the league, it’s just not a good one… They are an average to below average starting 5 that lack depth IMO.

They were good in week 1, OK in week two, and down right awful last week.

Where are those statistics from? 

Nah I dont take it personal at all.  I have no bad feelings for you man.  I just find it funny you keep posting about the oline but ignored the stats twice.  I happen to agree that we need upgrades.  I just think you are overly harsh on them and try to potray them as terrible but in pass protection they are relatively average compared to the rest of the league.

stats are here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/advanced.htm

18 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

theres this narrative that Miami had injuries too but looking at the snap count it’s just not even remotely close to the mess we had. 

yep !

7 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

this analysis is all scheme-based and passive-aggressive about Josh and cat-mouse play-calling of the coords, all of which the OL which has a vote in and unfort had an overall weak performance based on quality of play, reserves playing, and some playing out of position, not to mention the heat-humid-fatigue factor esp for the left-side as Dawkins and Saffold managed to play the entire game...incredible that we could have won the game as we left over 20+ points on the field, including that pass to Isaiah that coulda-shoulda won the effing game...we are healthier overall this week which was a factor going into the game as well, we have to get a better performance from the OL, they are our lowest rated players so far, and Saffold  so far has been subpar and bears monitoring and hopefully not concern.

Not sure how you can get any real evaluation from last weeks game. Not really worthwhile to value.
 to many crazy factors in the equation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.