Bold predictions on NFL.com is also concussed, or they have been hanging around Einstein too long

Draconator

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-week-4-bold-predictions-lamar-jackson-beasts-bills-devin-lloyd-for-defensive

Marc Ross - It's a shame that this week's Bills-Ravens contest isn't in prime time. With Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson lighting up the league, this game is must-see TV. Jackson has only been a home underdog twice in his career, and he won both times. He will continue that streak -- and his bid for a second league MVP -- with another dazzling performance of four-plus touchdowns against the NFL's top defense. 

Jackson comes into this game with 12 of Baltimore's 13 total touchdowns -- league highs for individual and team TDs. After Week 4, Lamar's TD total will be greater than the TD outputs of all other 31 teams.

DeAngelo Hall - All eyes are on Sunday's Bills-Ravens matchup, particularly the battle between MVP front-runners Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. In a plot twist, the defenses are the stars of this low-scoring affair. Baltimore's D ranks dead last in yards allowed, but it's tied for first in takeaways. Mike Macdonald's unit puts together its best performance yet, forcing three turnovers and holding Allen to fewer than 250 yards of total offense.

Brian Baldinger - I'm taking the underdog Ravens to defeat the Bills in a very high-scoring game. The difference in this contest is Lamar Jackson, who's nearly impossible to defend when he's playing like this. The Ravens have used several different offensive line combinations so far this season, but it doesn't seem to bother the fifth-year quarterback, who's averaging more than 11 yards per carry over the past two weeks. He's also very content to stay in the pocket and pick defenses apart. He'll get his again on Sunday, even with the Bills' top-ranked defense coming to town.

OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!1

😠

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

I see no problem with non-Bills fans predicting Baltimore wins. They're both good teams with good QB's, and as another poster pointed out, Bills haven't won in Baltimore since the very first time they played there.

But DeAngelo Hall thinking Baltimore's defense is going to put on a great performance (after all 3 other AFCE QB's put up 300+ yards against them), is absurd. Sure, it COULD happen, but wtf would lead you to assume that given what you've seen Mac Jones, Tua, and JOE FLACCO do against them? 🤣

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Mcdermotts done a nice job against Lamar the last two meetings…our offense just couldn’t get going in that regular season ravens game a few years ago 

I won’t be mad if Buffalo loses… I want better odds on their Super Bowl future. They fall to 2-2 we might finally get around +1000, they remain a heavy favorite right atm at +450.

That being said, I don’t think Buffalo loses. We always play Lamar well, getting some guys back this week on the defensive side of things, Bills win and cover.

12 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

I love it when everyone picks the Bills to lose. I remember how sure everyone was we'd lose to the Ravens 2 years ago in the playoffs, it was comical then, still is now. 

The pundits have short memories, for sure.  Not to mention they ignore key points like the fact that even though we lost last week, we dominated the game and are probably getting some key contributors back this week.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Some of these analysts just can’t wait to turn on the bills it’s so evident in their predictions one supposed ***** in the armor and they’re already picking the other team

Jordan Poyer is the key to the game IMO. The route Tua hit on 3rd and 22 last week is pretty much Lamar Jackson's favourite throw and one he makes as well as anyone in the league. I am confident the Bills can stop him beating them running. I am confident they can clog up the short middle and force him to try and throw outside. But I worry about the seam and the deep post if we have two young safeties back there again. And for all that people (myself included) worried about them trading Hollywood Brown they have just slid Devin Duvernay (himself a sub 4.4 guy) into that downfield receiver role and kept rolling. 

Won't be an easy game. The Bills could lose, I want to see how healthy we are first. If we start getting our guys back I'd pick us.

• Agree 1

I don't see it. If they put up that many points then our secondary is completely dead and we generate no pass rush. They don't have that many weapons. Not as many as we do with a QB that's putting up even better numbers. Dobbins should be back to somewhat full strength and could pop at some point, if he's actually healthy. Averaged 6 ypc his rookie year but I doubt he suddenly pops back up this game, didn't look very good last week with limited carries. Caught a couple passes though so should be active in that role.

Hall's prediction that it will be a low scoring game is clearly the dumbest of the dumb. He barely even connected that first sentence to the rest of his take, as if he knew mid-way how awful it was. The Ravens have given up the most passing yards per game going back to the start of last season now, and Tua's historic 2000 yard - 12 TD  performance shows that they haven't learned a thing. Points will be scored.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.