I know they are talking heads, but here comes the Lamar MVP talk again-Hope Sunday changes all that

Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I wasn't being negative on Lamar, though not his biggest fan.

I just thought the videos didn't even acknowledge Josh.  

I am not a believer in Jackson being an elite QB.  I think he is a 2nd tier QB and always will be.  I think the MVP talk is silly, but I also think he is a solid NFL QB.

22 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s okay to not like a rival. I hated Marino as well. I despise Tom Brady. He has played in 10 Super Bowls. It’s not okay to LIE about how good they are to seemingly make our guy look better. People complaining about other stars getting props is weird/insecure. We need to be better than that. We can argue the merits of Allen without pretending that Lamar/Mahomes aren’t also elite.

I’m not sure where race entered this conversation? PLEASE do not try to randomly bring race in as a way to say that “race has nothing to do with it.” That was an uncomfortable place to take this conversation for no reason at all…

If you or your sons can’t appreciate the play of Lamar, Allen, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes then I feel sorry for you. I didn’t say “LIKE” them. I said “APPRECIATE” their accomplishments. Please refrain from using those words interchangeably.

So now anyone that debates which player is better is a liar?  You're really going off the rails with that.  So I'm to tell my son's they must appreciate all QB's and they're liars if they think Josh is the best because you dictate it?

And now you can talk about race and dictate who else can?

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

So now anyone that debates which player is better is a liar?  You're really going off the rails with that.  So I'm to tell my son's they must appreciate all QB's and they're liars if they think Josh is the best because you dictate it?

Dude... lol

What's the significance of "white linen"? Just wondering.

57 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Nope, again, that’s not what was said. You are free to pick whoever you want as the best player. I’d take Allen over any player in the league. What I said, and continue to say, is that I don’t need to pretend Lamar is bad to make Josh look good. You should argue the merits of what Josh does well. It’s not, “Josh, because Lamar sucks.” It is “Josh, because he has an incredible combination of skills.” Downplaying someone to prop up your guy is BEYOND weak. That’s the insecure old ways of Bills fans. The Bills are elite now. We can talk about why the Bills are elite without worrying about anyone else.

If you embellish/downplay the accomplishments of any player, that’s lying. If you don’t think that Tom Brady has had the greatest career that a QB has ever had, you’re lying. He holds every single record and has won 7 Super Bowls. There isn’t another option. That doesn’t mean that you have to like him. I hate him. 

No one talked about race until you said, “I’m not racist or anything but_____.” My original comments had ZERO to do with race. I’m not sure why you brought it up? I was waiting for, “I’m not racist I have (insert number here) of black friends.” You don’t need to yell “I’m not racist.” We aren’t talking race. We try to avoid that on TBD. We are talking elite QBs. 

17 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I am not a believer in Jackson being an elite QB.  I think he is a 2nd tier QB and always will be.  I think the MVP talk is silly, but I also think he is a solid NFL QB.

He leads the league in TDs and has the highest scoring team in football. He’s the QB of a good team. That’s who wins MVPs. That’s not “silly.” There is a long way to go but what about Lamar isn’t MVP-worthy at this point?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, again, that’s not what was said. You are free to pick whoever you want as the best player. I’d take Allen over any player in the league. What I said, and continue to say, is that I don’t need to pretend Lamar is bad to make Josh look good. You should argue the merits of what Josh does well. It’s not, “Josh, because Lamar sucks.” It is “Josh, because he has an incredible combination of skills.” Downplaying someone to prop up your guy is BEYOND weak. That’s the insecure old ways of Bills fans. The Bills are elite now. We can talk about why the Bills are elite without worrying about anyone else.

If you embellish/downplay the accomplishments of any player, that’s lying. If you don’t think that Tom Brady has had the greatest career that a QB has ever had, you’re lying. He holds every single record and has won 7 Super Bowls. There isn’t another option. That doesn’t mean that you have to like him. I hate him. 

No one talked about race until you said, “I’m not racist or anything but_____.” My original comments had ZERO to do with race. I’m not sure why you brought it up? I was waiting for, “I’m not racist I have (insert number here) of black friends.” You don’t need to yell “I’m not racist.” We aren’t talking race. We try to avoid that on TBD. We are talking elite QBs. 

He leads the league in TDs and has the highest scoring team in football. He’s the QB of a good team. That’s who wins MVPs. That’s not “silly.” There is a long way to go but what about Lamar isn’t MVP-worthy at this point?

In fairness, lots of folks on other teams “pretend X is bad to make Y look good.”

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Wow!  I never said anything close to this.  

You're a dangerous person to have a conversation with so I won't engage with you again. 

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

In fairness, lots of folks on other teams “pretend X is bad to make Y look good.”

That’s fair

I’m not suggesting that they don’t. I’m challenging us to be better than that. It was so annoying when the Bills weren’t good. It’s incredibly cringe with a team that is +400 to win the Super Bowl. Act like you’re good enough

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Wow!  I never said anything close to this.  

You're a dangerous person to have a conversation with so I won't engage with you again. 

Lol, go back to the start and see when and where race entered the conversation. You wanted to talk about it -not me.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It feels like one of those threads that comes back to bite us in the ass. Like the guy last week who started the thread calling out Dolphins fans before last weeks game. Can't we wait till after the game?

no one can argue that Jackson doesn't belong in the MVP discussion right now. It's a 4 man race; Allen, Jackson, Hurts, Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/30/2022 at 5:00 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The only MVP talk I want to see is for the SB. 

Aarons last imo was Platitudes 

Certainly last year--Rodgers was the least deserving MVP in years (considering the other candidates).

• Like (+1) 1

Im not big on Lamar the QB.  I am big on Lamar the athlete.  I just dont think he is that great of a passer and I dont think that style of play is going to win them a superbowl.  That said, the MVP talk for him is justified at this point of the season.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.