I know they are talking heads, but here comes the Lamar MVP talk again-Hope Sunday changes all that

Billsfan1972

55 minutes ago, Simon said:

I saw nothing from Lamar Jackson on Sunday that made me think he looked any different than the same incomplete one-read QB we've been watching for the last couple years.

but but he’s a former MVP. 

People spy on him leaving people wide open and if not blitzed gets the pass to the open guy 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

I don't like the spying thing for Lamar, anyone on defense you spy up on him is at a disadvantage as Lamar can win 1-on-1 in the open field 90% of the time. The Bills scheme where DBs and backers don't often have their eyes turned around, and have the play in front of them, works a lot better. Just have to contain and rally once he breaks out of the pocket.

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

People spy on him leaving people wide open and if not blitzed gets the pass to the open guy 

Yes, the faster you force him to decision, the more the advantage swings to the defense. He's not an elite processor.

Now put Allen in the same spot as Lamar Sunday and he throws the int, and it is Lamar marching the Ravens down the field for the win & Allen's MVP chances are gone if the two have similar stats come the end of the season (i.e. two best QBs).

I however expect (since jaded), that if they are 1-2 at the end of the season, Lamar's bad read will be overlooked as the argument will be "The Bills are a better teams, with better weapons and Allen didn't pull out the Miami game".  

Edited by Billsfan1972

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll book this bet. The Ravens have already offered him over $49M per year and $133M guaranteed (a bit of an insulting guarantee). If you think that they’re, “looking to move on” you have no idea what that looks like. If they can’t get it worked out they’ll go the Cousins route and continue tagging him. 

This take confuses me considering that $133M guaranteed at signing is more than what Allen, Murray, Rodgers, Wilson, in fact everybody except Watson got.

It was all the same script after the Ravens game from the National Media. They all got their same talking point notes handed to them before the show.

All about John Harbaugh and the decision to go for the TD and then the usual Lamar Jackson apologists.

No mention of Josh Allen or the Bills defense. 

Rex Ryan talking about how the Ravens need to go back to defense first. Psychotic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

This take confuses me considering that $133M guaranteed at signing is more than what Allen, Murray, Rodgers, Wilson, in fact everybody except Watson got.

Allen was guaranteed $150M (not all at signing). We don’t know, from the rumors, if the guaranteed value of Jackson’s offer was greater than the $133M.

The market has moved. IMO, anything under $200M guaranteed won’t get it done. I don’t think that it needs to be fully guaranteed like Watson but the guaranteed percentage needs to be much closer to 100% of the contract value than it is now. 

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Allen was guaranteed $150M (not all at signing). We don’t know, from the rumors, if the guaranteed value of Jackson’s offer was greater than the $133M.

The market has moved. IMO, anything under $200M guaranteed won’t get it done. I don’t think that it needs to be fully guaranteed like Watson but the guaranteed percentage needs to be much closer to 100% of the contract value than it is now. 

Yeah I remember the phrase "guaranteed at signing" but that usually doesn't reflect all of the actual guarantees in the contract. $133M guaranteed at signing out of say, for argument's sake, $250M, is still a greater percentage than what Wilson and Murray got guaranteed at signing. Murray's total guarantees come somewhere closer to 80% of the contract value but if his arm got ripped off this year the Cards wouldn't be on the hook for all of it.

Now Jackson is, I believe, in a class above Murray and Wilson is approaching the twilight of his career. And as I've said here before that I think Jackson has a strong argument to point at Watson's contract as something he wants. But Baltimore made a very strong offer when you look around the league and exclude the factory of sadness.

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

Nobody is going to pay Jackson more or the same as Watson. Not even Watson deserved that kind of money. The Browns were just desperate 

17 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Here's a gem for the ages. 

How he’s still employed as a sports analyst is beyond me. He was an idiot on first take and he’s even more of an idiot with Sharpe. Still defending Baker as a franchise QB lol. What a GM he would be, Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel and now Baker mayfield 🤣🤣🤣

I was searching threads I started looking for something and found this.  Seems there often are these that just want to put Lamar ahead of Allen.  This would have been prior to the Balt vs. Buf playoff game in 2021.

Sure someone in Baltimore has some putting Josh ahead of Lamar too....

Edited by Billsfan1972

On 10/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, Ralonzo said:

I don't like the spying thing for Lamar, anyone on defense you spy up on him is at a disadvantage as Lamar can win 1-on-1 in the open field 90% of the time. The Bills scheme where DBs and backers don't often have their eyes turned around, and have the play in front of them, works a lot better. Just have to contain and rally once he breaks out of the pocket.

Yes, the faster you force him to decision, the more the advantage swings to the defense. He's not an elite processor.

You ever hear him speak? He’s not very bright. In fact he sounds down right stupid. But yeah he’s an MVP QB 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, Motorin' said:

Here's a gem for the ages. 

Same dipshite who loves what’s his name in Carolina. Here’s a take: the media fawn over Lamar because he’s a black QB. What I mean to say is that they feel the need to praise a black QB not for his skills but because he’s not white. Lamar is ok but not a championship caliber Qb. He will need a great D and help on O to have a chance. A guy like Josh covers his teams short comings. JMO. 

On 10/4/2022 at 10:38 AM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Nobody is going to pay Jackson more or the same as Watson. Not even Watson deserved that kind of money. The Browns were just desperate 

How he’s still employed as a sports analyst is beyond me. He was an idiot on first take and he’s even more of an idiot with Sharpe. Still defending Baker as a franchise QB lol. What a GM he would be, Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel and now Baker mayfield 🤣🤣🤣

Not to mention Lamar of Josh

we talking about the same Lamar that could only put a buck 44 against us? the same Lamar that is supposed to be this great running QB as well and just ran 3-4 more yards then Josh?  Are we talking about the same Lamar that 3 out of his last 4 games he could not clear 225 yards? The same Lamar that is 400 + passing yards behind Josh right now? the same Lamar that trails Josh by 150+ total yards? I mean the dude has 1 more passing TD and one more INT then Josh.

yep.. there are a couple stats Lamar is a head on. QBR for example. and lets remember... Lamar never took off a quarter of play cause they owned a team so bad the game was safe to start sitting starters in the beginning of the fourth quarter....

Josh Allen is a beast

3 more notes.

Vegas usually knows what they are talking about. odds on favorite is Josh Allen right now

Week before last week Colin was gushing about Josh being the best guy in FOOTBALL. The dude like clicks.

When its third and 3.. Josh won't take a nosedive Infront of 2 defenders and wus out. originally, they said he slipped. later they said he ducked down because he thought he would not make it. Day later Lamar admitted as much.

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Same dipshite who loves what’s his name in Carolina. Here’s a take: the media fawn over Lamar because he’s a black QB. What I mean to say is that they feel the need to praise a black QB not for his skills but because he’s not white. Lamar is ok but not a championship caliber Qb. He will need a great D and help on O to have a chance. A guy like Josh covers his teams short comings. JMO. 

Not to mention Lamar of Josh

All because he feels there’s something missing in play of Josh. He’s had an agenda against Josh since his days at Wyoming and going into the draft. 

20 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Hurtz is more of a MVP right now than Lamar is.  If they want to hitch their wagon to a black QB, they should go there.  The fact they predicate their MVP take on the race of a player is a whole other story.

Skip:  I'll talk Lamar over Josh Allen.

Also Skip: I'll take Baker Mayfield over Josh Allen.

He'd have a "scanners" moment if someone made him pick between Lamar and Baker.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.