I know they are talking heads, but here comes the Lamar MVP talk again-Hope Sunday changes all that

Billsfan1972

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you were agreeing with a poster who began this by saying so.

I responded to your comment asking how a big elite QB could lose arm strength or something to that affect.  Not once did I say or imply that he hasnt or couldnt make a mental error.

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I dunno. 

Just assume liked and we can all live happily for 30 seconds. 

I dont not think I wouldnt want that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

I saw nothing from Lamar Jackson on Sunday that made me think he looked any different than the same incomplete one-read QB we've been watching for the last couple years.

He’s been much better making plays in the pocket the first few weeks.  

Short sample size though 

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Short sample size though 

Yeah, I saw some highlights but not any live game action prior to last week and it seemed like maybe he was indeed seeing the field better.

That was definitely not the case this weekend.

I'll keep an open mind but I still have doubts that he'll be anything more than he already is. Which is a big money albatross that is going to **** up somebody's salary cap.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Short sample size though 

I was told a QB who is in the bottom half of the league in all passing stats for his entire career had miraculously gotten better in year 5. Then we watched and saw that he had not and the supporters all ran and hid or blamed it on other circumstances. Is he good at throwing now or not?

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I was told a QB who is in the bottom half of the league in all passing stats for his entire career had miraculously gotten better in year 5. Then we watched and saw that he had not and the supporters all ran and hid or blamed it on other circumstances. Is he good at throwing now or not?

He is pretty much the same as he has always been.  People said this same stuff last year too about how much better he was at passing.  Its the same Lamar Jackson.  Half field reads, seam passes to Andrews.  Good enough to beat a lot of teams because they cant handle coverage and his athletic ability but that doesnt fly in the playoffs.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh there you are!

You said Josh is incapable of making goal to go "mental errors".

Show me where I said that. You continue to make comments and have nothing to say. I said Josh would not have made the mental error of missing the wide open guy. As a couple of people have said, there were actually 2 wide open guys on that play. Show me where I said he is incapable of making mental errors 

2065313582_ScreenShot2022-10-03at6_35_54PM.thumb.png.40337267e628d5f7f043c1a26848d033.png

This guy is as open as it gets in the NFL and he was from the snap of the ball.  Lamar never even looked to that side of the field because he was locked in on his target the entire time. Lamar could also easily escape through the gaping holes in the line with his athletesism but he doesnt even see that because he was locked on his target.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

I saw nothing from Lamar Jackson on Sunday that made me think he looked any different than the same incomplete one-read QB we've been watching for the last couple years.

He went to the second read more often than say, Tua, but it looks like Roman still only asks him to process half-field reads, figuring 2 reads max, then just take off and do the running thing.

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

He went to the second read more often than say, Tua, but it looks like Roman still only asks him to process half-field reads, figuring 2 reads max, then just take off and do the running thing.

Yeah it seemed like he'd take an extra look for a TE in the seam or a receiver in the right flat sometimes, but what drives me nuts about him is that once he pulls the ball down, his eyes go right down with it.

That sob breaks contain and it freezes the entire defense; there's hay to be made there and he rarely seems to find it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.